IGNORED

Maynard Suffers "serious Knee Injury"

Rudolf Hucker

I grew up in Bristol. I went to university in Cardiff.

Both are nice places to live. If I had to choose one or the other now, I'd choose Bristol because I prefer the size, certain "character features" (Ashton Court, the Downs, the Bridge) and the night life.

And the lack of welsh people.

My team (of 15) where i work in eastern Cardiff has 3 Bristolians, and someone from Bath.

That's pretty standard.

To be fair theres a good chance il end up over there before long in my line of work. Its just that all the welsh who work with me at present hate the fact they have to work in england and not in their own country. So it makes you wonder why they come over. Me, i dont care where i end up as long as i pay the bills.

Yeah, nice.

Bristol Castle:

http://www.yourlocal...stle-132886.jpg

Cardiff Castle:

http://www.google.co...19&tx=108&ty=59

http://visitbritainn...itainonview.jpg

Anyway, just winding you up. I like Bristol, and yep Bristol has far superior Georgian architecture, although I'd argue that Cardiff has better Edwardian..

Cardiff definitely better on 60's.

"Nicky has a torn anterior cruciate ligament, an injury that requires surgery," Cardiff City Head of Performance Richard Collinge said this evening.

I would imagine that's 6+ months out. Third serious injury of his career, makes you wonder if he could come through another...?

"Nicky has a torn anterior cruciate ligament, an injury that requires surgery," Cardiff City Head of Performance Richard Collinge said this evening.

I would imagine that's 6+ months out. Third serious injury of his career, makes you wonder if he could come through another...?

Nasty. That was career ending only a few years ago, but his past injuries, as you say, won't help. I guess the real 'winners' are West Ham right now.

On the contrary, there is remarkably little 60's architecture in Cardiff, and Bristol is far more blighted by it.

If the only bit of Bristol you know is Broadmead, that would be your conclusion.

However Bristol has a history stretching back more than 1,000 years, it has been a city for over 600 years and was for some time the second biggest urban area in the British empire. It oozes history and has a wealth of historical treasures, famous denizens and monuments.

Cardiff, by contrast, was a tiny town until a Scottish aristocrat decided to make an embarkation area for his coalfields in the 19th century. It was made a city just over a century ago and its only real claim to fame is that it's the 'capital of wales' - a territory with a population slightly less than Lithuania.

Absolutely not, that's like saying living somewhere with high food or petrol prices is the best place to live. In a location where house prices are less expensive then there is more disposable income and people can spend that into the local economy going to nice places such as shopping, bars, arenas, restaurants.

What poppycock! If I want to find the "best" location to live, I would expect to pay a higher premium for houses. I wouldn't expect to pay £300,000 for a 3-bed detached in say the depths of knowle west but I would expect to pay at least that for the same house in say westbury on trym, as it is deemed to be a nicer place to live (no offence westers)

House prices are higher in more sought after areas or cities because more people want to live there which drives the prices up

Back to maynard, is this the same knee he done in with us? If so i suggest 6 months is pretty optimistic. If its the other than thats both knees not at 100%.

I cant see him ever getting to the form he was in with us prior to his skiing accident.

This could be the end of his career if it's the same knee, I mean he will carry on playing but never be the same

Archived