IGNORED

Still Not Happy With These Flares At Football Matches

Never to the dark side

Noticed that Wolves fans managed to set off a flare on the terraces at Peterborough.

If any one has ever seen what any fire work has done to human flesh

There is only one winner

If those who set off these flares would take up a position next to the perimeter fence

at least we would know that sulphur would not end on our human flesh

and they could then be identified.

Maybe the doggy section of the explosive branch could come over the Ashton Gate compound

and see if they could locate these flares before any one attempts to get into the away section of the

gate.

KEEP SAFE every body

Your right, it's About time stewards were better on the searches. It seems like you can get anything into grounds now.

Almondsbury red, I expect you are only of these hooligans that think it's acceptable. Frankly, fans like you let this club down, your not true fans, your animals .

You clearly have never held or been near a flare. It gets a little hot and that's it, causes no damage to anyone. Stop being so soft

Really???

Not what Wiggins said during the Tour de France.

Bradley Wiggins’ yellow jersey was singed as he and his Sky colleagues forced their way through fans brandishing the flares popular at French rugby and football grounds. The incident happened just outside Sarras, 25km from the finish, and is a timely reminder of the unexpected dangers that still lurk after what had been a quiet day for the leading contenders with the peloton travelling at a leisurely pace.

“I’m covered in yellow stuff at the moment,” admitted Wiggins afterwards. “I got hit on the arm with a flare at 25k to go. It burnt my arm a bit, but other than that it was all right. There were quite a few guys running up the hill with lit flares in the peloton. It was pretty dangerous and I’m sure those guys are nursing a few wounds tonight because there were quite a few bottles thrown in their direction from the peloton.”

If someone was injured by the flare, it would had been reported in the media already. However, as it's remained quiet, I think we can assume that no one was injured, which seems to be a common theme for when flares are let off. In England, when was the last time you heard of an accident involving a flare at a football match?

All it does is create a small amount of smoke that lasts for a couple of minutes. Some of the comments in this thread are ridiculous - branding other fans as a disgrace because they don't agree with your OPINION?

Furthermore, how can you be classed as a hooligan/thug if you're letting off a flare? Seems our definitions of hooligans and thugs differ...

Your right, it's About time stewards were better on the searches. It seems like you can get anything into grounds now.

Almondsbury red, I expect you are only of these hooligans that think it's acceptable. Frankly, fans like you let this club down, your not true fans, your animals .

This much be joke branding someone a hooligan and a animal for holding a flare??? Whats going to happen on nov 5th with all these animals and hooligans running round with fireworks?

I'm struggling to believe my eyes. But before I continue I should stress I've never been near a flare.

1. People are associating the lighting of a flare with hooliganism. Why?

2. If clubs can ban someone from using offensive language surely they can ban someone if they are using a flare dangerously.

3. I think it creates a great atmoshphere (referring to the one in the Ateyo vs the gas that time, was anyone hurt from the flare that night? It looked great from the Williams) and like BCR said if controlled could be brilliant.

Noticed that Wolves fans managed to set off a flare on the terraces at Peterborough.

If any one has ever seen what any fire work has done to human flesh

There is only one winner

KEEP SAFE every body

What will a cup of tea or coffee do to human flesh if the liquid is over forty three degrees? How many degrees are hot drinks over that threshold at Ashton Gate?

Once you have the information compare the risk of carrying a hot liquid v holding a flare, then share your conclusions on which represents the greater risks to the individual concerned, and others in the near vacinity.

Look at these hooligan riddled danger loving yanks in the MLS.

The clubs over there even give them permission to do it! We can be glad our clubs our clubs aren't following their example, what with so many deaths and injuries reported over there!

Football has become so sanitised in this Country. It's lost all of it's soul imho.

It's as exciting as going to the cinema. Comfy seats and blank stares.

This country is by far the safest place to watch football now. But at what cost?

We've become numb, docile and Zombie like.

We need to stop listening to 'authorities' telling us everything is dangerous...and start using our own common sense.

Talk about a dumbed down society.

No offense to anyone...but i'm sick and tired of going to Football, being told what i can and cannot do, especially by uneducated stewards.

Flares happen in nearly every game abroad... If it was so dangerous it would have a world wide ban.

Rant over...

Football has become so sanitised in this Country. It's lost all of it's soul imho.

This country is by far the safest place to watch football now. But at what cost?

We need to stop listening to 'authorities' telling us everything is dangerous...and start using our own common sense.

No offense to anyone...but i'm sick and tired of going to Football, being told what i can and cannot do, especially by uneducated stewards.

Flares happen in nearly every game abroad... If it was so dangerous it would have a world wide ban.

Rant over...

I think that's the best post of the day, well said!

If done in a controlled manner it adds to the atmosphere.

Picked in the right stand and controlled it can and does work, very much so abroad.

100.jpg

FIRES.jpg

The Scum That Are Crystal Palace

Listening to BBC radio London of the Charlton v palace match.

Palace fans have managed to smuggled in at least

TWO flares into their end

Two flares have been set off

Surely a few explosive dogs would have solved the problem

I know some one managed to get a flare set off at a match

we played at the valley a few years ago

These flares are dangerous and I don't think any one

would like these flares any where near them

I am still interested to know If you think people who attend the three lions end of season flag day are scum then? as you say palace are scum?

(for the record police know this happens and stops traffic for a moment for smoke/flares to be done for a photo)

new2.jpg

The Scum That Are Crystal Palace

http://www.otib.co.u...crystal-palace/

Rant over...

Spot on atmosphere at football is 9 times out of 10 piss poor in this country anyone who has been to the new wembley to watch England play will realise how down hill English football culture has gone- once the best in the world now full of face paint and foam fingers and happy clappers

Archived