IGNORED

George Elokobi

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

there is a fantastic comment there which shows the hard work del has put in I'll post it for those who can't read the link,

"we've fought off alot of competition from other npower chamiponship clubs and I believe that show the perception of Bristol City is changing outthere"

The work del has put in off field is starting to transfer onfield and I believe we will only move forward with him at the helm given time,

The board were right to stand by him last season when we went on that rubbish run in feb which led to fans questioning his ability,

We are starting to attact the players we need to mount a challenge in this league I predict next season could be the one we make a play-off challenge (I'm sticking with 10th this season)

He's left sided and so is Fontaine so its likely Elokobi will come in as left back. Can't see Del using him as a CB especially as he's only 5'9''.

Definitely a left back but I don't see his height as a problem if he did need to fill in in the middle, he's got such power and athleticism that I'd fancy him to win a few first balls against most in this division.

From what I remember about him at Colchester, he is a pacey bugger but prone to the odd error, but he's definitely a good or even better than good player at Championship level.

Great cover signing for Cunningham. I would imagine he will only be filling in at CB in the event of a crisis. He is either a left back or could play higher up on the left. Very strong and powerful and he is an absolute unit.

Not to say he couldn't fill in as a centre back mind, but thats not the position he will play for us.

Great bit of business again from Del.

In Del we trust!

Definitely a left back but I don't see his height as a problem if he did need to fill in in the middle, he's got such power and athleticism that I'd fancy him to win a few first balls against most in this division.

From what I remember about him at Colchester, he is a pacey bugger but prone to the odd error, but he's definitely a good or even better than good player at Championship level.

Wilson is tall and there to win things in the air george is to sweep up everything on the fall not a problem for me

thats because we have no-one who could replace him at the moment now we have

Well I'm going to have to agree to disagree. I would be highly surprised if Elokobi has been signed as someone we have earmarked to play centre half (certainly ahead of our captain and best central defender!). I don't think I have ever seen Elokobi play at centre back so I cannot comment on how good a job he can do there. However what I will say is that he is very much primarily a left back and we have signed him on loan a week after our left back picks up a serious injury... This more than leads me to think we have signed him to play at left back while Cunningham is injured and only an injury nightmare will see him play in a more central role.

However I could of course be completely mistaken and DMc has seen something in him that has lead him to think he could be the dominant centre half we crave. Even if this is the case though he will accompany Fontaine in the heart of defence rather than replace him.

Archived