IGNORED

We're So Shit It's Unbeliebeable

bcfc_Jamie

Sang by Leicester fans towards the end f the game and summed us up perfectly - except it's believeable.

We didn't create one clear cut chance today, summed up by Davies having a shot from the half way line.

No fight, no passion and mcinnes got the tactics all wrong. 4-5-1 with Taylor on the right hand side of midfield? Hahaha joke. Play to our strengths not theirs!

Everyone knows about our defensive woes and how awful we've been.So why is fontaine starting every game? Needs kick up the ass along with Pearson and half the squad.

Bring on all the abuse I'll get from all the supporters who didn't go. Playing for a point away from home is simply not good enough!

Don't be too downhearted, we're injury hit and defensively weak. Leicester are a very good side, and at home.

Amusing to hear them mouthing off though, they've been in our back pocket the last few years. Wasn't so long ago they were a League 1 side. Let them enjoy finally getting one over us.

Don't be too downhearted, we're injury hit and defensively weak. Leicester are a very good side, and at home.

Amusing to hear them mouthing off though, they've been in our back pocket the last few years. Wasn't so long ago they were a League 1 side. Let them enjoy finally getting one over us.

It wasn't that long ago they were in them prem. we're hardly a scalp for them are we?

Leicester were not a very good side today, average at best imo, we made them look good.

Sang by Leicester fans towards the end f the game and summed us up perfectly - except it's believeable.

We didn't create one clear cut chance today, summed up by Davies having a shot from the half way line.

No fight, no passion and mcinnes got the tactics all wrong. 4-5-1 with Taylor on the right hand side of midfield? Hahaha joke. Play to our strengths not theirs!

Everyone knows about our defensive woes and how awful we've been.So why is fontaine starting every game? Needs kick up the ass along with Pearson and half the squad.

Bring on all the abuse I'll get from all the supporters who didn't go. Playing for a point away from home is simply not good enough!

yawn

We have been like this for 30 years( give or take the odd decent season) so most of us are used to it!

Very true until the bad man GJ actually made us believe it was achievable, unfortunately some of those who tagged on to BCFC during that season now believe it to be a right for us to be successful, still at least manu, chelski or manc might be getting a few new fans soon.

Today was extremely disappointing.

I've seen that Del has said we 'went toe to toe with them'. This is simply not true. Bar a couple of typical Albert Adomah runs the entire opening 15 minuts were spent in our box and at the time I was worrying we could be on the end of a Cricket score this afternoon. Their midfield was walking all over ours and time and time again they would come charging at our defence, Knockeart was also making Foster look an extrmely poor player. After they scored they seemed to take their foot of the gas somewhat and we weren't having to hang on as much as we were in the opening stages, but it was still a very one sided football match. At half time we could easily have been trailing by 3 or 4 goals. Second half we defended much better, but we still weren't exactly in the game. Schmeichal didn't have to make a save all afternoon.

Obviously Leicester are one of the best teams in our league whatever team we picked today we were going to be up against it, but I don't think we exactly helped ourselves.

Ryan Taylor on the right wing?

Sammy Baldock up front on his own trying to have a wrestling match with Wes Morgan?

Albert on the left?

Jody Morris sitting in front of the defence and Skuse having a more advanced role, when we were failing to control Nugent dropping deep, collecting the ball and running at our shaky defence?

All of these seemed ridiculous and thankfully after half time Taylor went up top and Skuse started sitting in front of the back four and we had slightly more of a foothold in the game.

Once again Liam was at fault for their first goal and watching him the first half today was horrible. To see someone who has given us many excellent performances struggling like that was extremely sad to see. I would have taken him offf after twenty five minutes as although it would obviously be extremely embarrassing for him, it felt like the kindest thing to do was take him out of the firing line. Miraculously though second half I thought he was excellent and didn't put a foot wrong defensively while also becoming much more assured on the ball. I accept I am desperately clutching at straws, but maybe his form will begin to improve after hitting rock bottom in the first half today.

All in all a thoroughly disappointing, but not exactly surprising, afternoon.

Team v Leicester Player Played Preferred position

Heaton Goalkeeper Goalkeeper :clap:

Carey Right back Centre half right side :facepalm:

Fontaine Centre half right side Centre Half left side :facepalm:

Nyatanga Centre half left side Centre Half Left side :clap:

Foster Left Back Right Back :facepalm:

Morris Centre Midfield Centre Midfield

Skuse Midfield Right side Centre Midfield :facepalm:

Pearson Midfield Left side Midfield Left Side :clap:

Taylor Attack Right side Attack Centre :facepalm:

Baldock Attack Centre Attack Centre :clap:

Adomah Attack Left hand side Attack Right hand side :facepalm:

Out of the 11 we had 6 players playing in a position that was not their strongest, along with the fact that Baldock prefers to play with another striker not on his own.

Its not surprising that we played poorly and lost. When will Del decide our strongest team and formation and stick to it ?

Today was extremely disappointing.

I've seen that Del has said we 'went toe to toe with them'. This is simply not true. Bar a couple of typical Albert Adomah runs the entire opening 15 minuts were spent in our box and at the time I was worrying we could be on the end of a Cricket score this afternoon. Their midfield was walking all over ours and time and time again they would come charging at our defence, Knockeart was also making Foster look an extrmely poor player. After they scored they seemed to take their foot of the gas somewhat and we weren't having to hang on as much as we were in the opening stages, but it was still a very one sided football match. At half time we could easily have been trailing by 3 or 4 goals. Second half we defended much better, but we still weren't exactly in the game. Schmeichal didn't have to make a save all afternoon.

Obviously Leicester are one of the best teams in our league whatever team we picked today we were going to be up against it, but I don't think we exactly helped ourselves.

Ryan Taylor on the right wing?

Sammy Baldock up front on his own trying to have a wrestling match with Wes Morgan?

Albert on the left?

Jody Morris sitting in front of the defence and Skuse having a more advanced role, when we were failing to control Nugent dropping deep, collecting the ball and running at our shaky defence?

All of these seemed ridiculous and thankfully after half time Taylor went up top and Skuse started sitting in front of the back four and we had slightly more of a foothold in the game.

Once again Liam was at fault for their first goal and watching him the first half today was horrible. To see someone who has given us many excellent performances struggling like that was extremely sad to see. I would have taken him offf after twenty five minutes as although it would obviously be extremely embarrassing for him, it felt like the kindest thing to do was take him out of the firing line. Miraculously though second half I thought he was excellent and didn't put a foot wrong defensively while also becoming much more assured on the ball. I accept I am desperately clutching at straws, but maybe his form will begin to improve after hitting rock bottom in the first half today.

All in all a thoroughly disappointing, but not exactly surprising, afternoon.

I thought Fonts was terrible throughout. I was there and the defence and City were dire! It must be the worst display I have seen under Delboy. I'm definitely in the 'in Del we trust' camp and believe he will take us places in the long run but the team seem to spend the whole match worried about allowing anyone near our paperbag defence of 'Fonts and Tangs' who were awful and way off League 2 standard let alone Championship. Their passing out of defence was appalling and everytime it came near them it was as if it were a hot potato!! In the defence - the whole team played with a hot potato today! I felt really sorry for Sam Baldock who didn't hardly get a sniff of the ball due to tactics that left him on an island like Tom Hanks in Castaway! At least Tom Hanks had 'Wilson' which leads me to the fact that 'James' Wilson is a far better option than either of the foresaid members of our 'defence'. Del - please don't leave Baldock isolated or we will have another striker whose career takes a nose-dive at our beloved club!!

Very true until the bad man GJ actually made us believe it was achievable, unfortunately some of those who tagged on to BCFC during that season now believe it to be a right for us to be successful, still at least manu, chelski or manc might be getting a few new fans soon.

Yep okay, but why is it unacceptable for us as a club & fans to believe that we should do or be better?

Why would anyone BCFC think that turning to manu, chelski or manc is some kind of solution..... These team don't win every game either do they and in my opinion those clubs are exactly what is wrong with football not what is right.

So I find your general comment confusing rather than helpful........ Which is not what I'd guess you really meant?

Jog on....... you’re having a laugh........ We should expect the best and damn it we don't get that often (in recent years) but that said we 'BCFC' are the best team in the universe but that might only be in some parallel universe....... but you've got to believe it......even if it's wrong in this one.....

Nothing wrong in a bit of delusional belief?

But today we were beaten by a better side riding high………. Why should we not aspire to be that kind of side…… I hope we put it all in place over the next few seasons and then it might just be our day again?

We cocked up a few seasons ago and are now paying the price for it, but that said I doubt we would have lasted long in division 1 (laughingly called the premier league now).

Up The City!

I wonder

There is no doubt I am afraid Del has to learn how to set a team up, seems that is the part he struggles with and is of course key to any success, and is the difference between coaches and good/great coaches.

It seems we have no cohesion at all, strikers are isolated, and players are played out of position, we are not happy to have the ball, and can't wait to 'get rid'.

I am afraid this squad is bereft of natural foolballers with the exception of a few mainly Cunningham, Adomah , Skuse, Baldock....of course it all stems from the coaching, where for the life of me I cannot understand why so called 'pro' footballers cannot pass a ball 10 yards or so to a team mate, if they cannot do this they should earn a living somewhere else.

I have not seen a City squad that can pass since way back with the likes of Gow, Ritchie etc where we tore teams apart with one touch pass and move. That is/was the City mantra, we were considered a 'good footballing' team. which I was proud of. So coaches get your collective fingers out, and start earning your crust, and Del if you have players that can't or won't play...get rid. And let's rebuild with a squad that has some basic ability that can pass without giving the ball away every time!!

I think our whole midfield is missing passers, Kilkenny can, but at his own pace, not the teams pace.

Don't get me started on Pearson, I'd love to know his pass completion stats, he certainly appears to give it away a hell of a lot!

Yep okay, but why is it unacceptable for us as a club & fans to believe that we should do or be better?

Why would anyone BCFC think that turning to manu, chelski or manc is some kind of solution..... These team don't win every game either do they and in my opinion those clubs are exactly what is wrong with football not what is right.

So I find your general comment confusing rather than helpful........ Which is not what I'd guess you really meant?

Jog on....... you’re having a laugh........ We should expect the best and damn it we don't get that often (in recent years) but that said we 'BCFC' are the best team in the universe but that might only be in some parallel universe....... but you've got to believe it......even if it's wrong in this one.....

But today we were beaten by a better side riding high………. Why should we not aspire to be that kind of side…… I hope we put it all in place over the next few seasons and then it might just be our day again?

We cocked up a few seasons ago and are now paying the price for it, but that said I doubt we would have lasted long in division 1 (laughingly called the premier league now).

Up The City!

+1, Lad!

Thought Leicester were the best team we have played so far. Very big team, strong at the back with good pace down the flanks. Think they probably have to get another striker in as they don't have too many options up front. They out-muscled us in midfield and Baldock/Taylor struggled to make an impact. We could easily have been 3 down within 25 mins but then had the best of the game for the next 30 mins without threatening their goal. The second goal killed us off and that was that. It's no surprise that we haven't won since Cunningham got injured. The balance of the team has been affected big time.We need to get a replacement in the next two weeks along with that elusive CB. Fontaine was awful in the first 25 but then improved and played his best football of the season thereafter. Nyatanga deserves a mention as, apart from 'missing' a tackle in the first half, he looked strong and won everything in the air as well as turning their player inside out towards the end with a nifty bit of footwork which might shock a few on here . We struggled to contain their midfield and create a decent chance but I doubt we will play a better side this season. All in all I'm not too down. The international break will be good for us as we can get those 2 players in, regroup as a squad and push on. We will be ok this season and hopefully be in the mix next. COYR's.

There is no doubt I am afraid Del has to learn how to set a team up, seems that is the part he struggles with and is of course key to any success, and is the difference between coaches and good/great coaches.

It seems we have no cohesion at all, strikers are isolated, and players are played out of position, we are not happy to have the ball, and can't wait to 'get rid'.

I am afraid this squad is bereft of natural foolballers with the exception of a few mainly Cunningham, Adomah , Skuse, Baldock....of course it all stems from the coaching, where for the life of me I cannot understand why so called 'pro' footballers cannot pass a ball 10 yards or so to a team mate, if they cannot do this they should earn a living somewhere else.

I have not seen a City squad that can pass since way back with the likes of Gow, Ritchie etc where we tore teams apart with one touch pass and move. That is/was the City mantra, we were considered a 'good footballing' team. which I was proud of. So coaches get your collective fingers out, and start earning your crust, and Del if you have players that can't or won't play...get rid. And let's rebuild with a squad that has some basic ability that can pass without giving the ball away every time!!

And your qualification for deciding 'Del can't set a team up' is that you are a....Postman? ....Banker?.......Shopkeeper?......Politician?....whatever?.......

And your qualification for deciding 'Del can't set a team up' is that you are a....Postman? ....Banker?.......Shopkeeper?......Politician?....whatever?.......

And what was Nigel Adkins before he came a manager? he was a good physio! Doesn't mean you cannot have a decent opinion of how to set a team up.

Up The City!

Firstly I am obviously older than you and not got the eyesight I once had for reading so please make your font bigger then I might be able to read it easier.

Secondly I was responding to Portland Bill who quite rightly said with a few notable exceptions the past 30 years have been shit with the odd good season, I have been at it longer than 30 years in fact 55 years now, so I have another 25 years of mostly shit + the odd good season to add to Bill's 30 years, that is what you get when you sign on as a boy soldier at BCFC.

Thirdly of course it's not wrong for fans to want better or even expect better, my point was that quite a few fans who jumped onto the promotion and play off bandwagon under GJ are the one's who seem to believe that we now have some god given right to expect success and that is not what BCFC have ever been about and perhaps manu, chelski or manc might give them that which they crave, I hope this clarifies things.

Hang on, I thought Blackburn were the best team we will play this season, or was it Leeds?? Oh no, it's probably Leicester. Although the same could be said about Brighton? Hey, wait 'till we meet Blackpool!!!

Team v Leicester Player Played Preferred position

Heaton Goalkeeper Goalkeeper :clap:

Carey Right back Centre half right side :facepalm:

Fontaine Centre half right side Centre Half left side :facepalm:

Nyatanga Centre half left side Centre Half Left side :clap:

Foster Left Back Right Back :facepalm:

Morris Centre Midfield Centre Midfield

Skuse Midfield Right side Centre Midfield :facepalm:

Pearson Midfield Left side Midfield Left Side :clap:

Taylor Attack Right side Attack Centre :facepalm:

Baldock Attack Centre Attack Centre :clap:

Adomah Attack Left hand side Attack Right hand side :facepalm:

Out of the 11 we had 6 players playing in a position that was not their strongest, along with the fact that Baldock prefers to play with another striker not on his own.

Its not surprising that we played poorly and lost. When will Del decide our strongest team and formation and stick to it ?

No rating for Morris then?

No rating for Morris then?

I don't think he's rating them, Hava. He's doing a facepalm thing for every player Del played out of position.

It may not scare the opposition, but it sure as hell scares me. Maybe he'll stick Heaton up front next game...

Archived