IGNORED

We're So Shit It's Unbeliebeable

bcfc_Jamie

totally agree with bcfc jamie and we should of got rid of fontaine last year if del dont go get TW0 quality defenders like he had all fcking summer to do instead of buying people like anderson then we will REALLY struggle again we need two top class central defenders and a rocket up the rest of the squad get them playing like we were at the start ! that is all! :bored:

At the start of this season many Members of this forum posted they'd be happy with a mid table finish this season. We lost a few and won a few to be mid table.but then suffered major injuries to several players and the defeats have increased. City are not wealthy enough to have a large squad of top rate players to cover for injured players on a like for like basis and the Leicester game was proof of that.

If players give 100% that is all I ask; the only result that's really disappointed me so far was the home draw with Millwall. That I did expect to be a City win.

Back on thread, there's better & worse teams than City in this division so relax and watch as either we make

1. a late bid for the playoffs or

2. advance preparations for next season.

Unless of course a mega millionairre comes in and buys us every player we currently only dream of in the January window.

Thing is if people are right in there assumptions and ffp has kicked in this season and we need to cut our losses from 12mil to 10mil this year, why the hell have we broke the bank on 2 forwards when we've been desperate for a cb.

If ffp has kicked in have we any money left to sign a decent cb?

At the start of this season many Members of this forum posted they'd be happy with a mid table finish this season. We lost a few and won a few to be mid table.but then suffered major injuries to several players and the defeats have increased. City are not wealthy enough to have a large squad of top rate players to cover for injured players on a like for like basis and the Leicester game was proof of that.

If players give 100% that is all I ask; the only result that's really disappointed me so far was the home draw with Millwall. That I did expect to be a City win.

Back on thread, there's better & worse teams than City in this division so relax and watch as either we make

Unless of course a mega millionairre comes in and buys us every player we currently only dream of in the January window.

At last someone talking sense! However as a member of the crowd at Leicester yesterday there weren't too many City players giving the 100% you demand. They looked disorientated and confused and looked like a jigsaw where somebody had put all the pieces in the wrong place. There was no fight and aggression and we made an ordinary looking Leicester side look a bit better than ordinary.

This

What is this continued stance on Leicester being the best team we've played this season and that they were quality!? Maybe true in terms of league positions but I thought they were average at best. We were - unfortunately - well below average!!

Well league position is usually a reliable way of assessing a team's quality and they have 21 points from 10 games which is automatic promotion form. What is your qualification that they are 'average'?

Blimey we have to be 'experts' seemingly on here to have an opinion :punish:

Roger Red Hat wanted to see my coaching badge just 'cus I said Del can't find the right formation...love it.

No coaching badges? Makes you as qualified as Shearer, and he managed Newcastle don't you know! :)

Well league position is usually a reliable way of assessing a team's quality and they have 21 points from 10 games which is automatic promotion form. What is your qualification that they are 'average'?

I was purely stating on the basis of the game only but you've got a point now I've had time to think a bit more. Maybe if we would have played with players playing in the right positions thereforth we might have given them a run for their money. Our tactics were to nullify a Leicester side on a good run. In 90 minutes it was frustrating to watch as Leicester seemed to be there for the taking and yet we set on protecting our defence. Mind you maybe we would have seen a different Leicester - a more open game - and we would have lost by the previous approach of we score 2 and you score 3 or 4! I guess that has got them into the top two wasn't there yesterday as we made them look average because of our nullifying approach!!

12 months on from Millen's departure - how have we done?

DM's team has managed 54 points from 44 games (1.23 points per game) which is just above survival - this season despite the false dawn at home in August 11 from 10 (1.1 points per game = 51 for the season) - plainly no better. Also no sign of an end to the dismal cup form.

Yesterday was little better than Hull and Peterboro in Jan/Feb - Leicester are a better side but scored fewer - and we are all focussed on the defence??

Whatever the intention behind yesterday's team selection and formation (and frankly having witnessed the performance it is quite impossible to tell) it did not work - we had little possession, zero threat and not much resistance. As others have said - a centre-forward on the right wing = pointless, a light-weight forward up front alone = pointless, an out-of-form left winger in central midfield = risky, a fading lightweight without match fitness protecting a fragile/frightened back four = pointless, a mediocre right-back at left back = inadequate and an aging (although determined) central defender at right-back = is this really the best we can do??

Before we all subscribe to the new central defender (and Fontaine's had it) obsession, it might be worth asking whether we really did enough to take more than a couple of points from games against Barnsley, Blackburn, Waford, Leeds, Millwall and Leicester - truth is Barnsley should have finished us off before the sending-off, Watford could have scored seven, two goals flattered us against Leeds and Leicester should be disappointed at only two goals from 90 minutes of total domination.

Maybe DM does need three of four years to prove his worth (as Alex Ferguson did), and to repair all the damage left by others BUT does anyone really believe he will get that long?

To date his best achievements appear to be mainly resisting the temptation to renew expired contracts.

Yes I know he has made some good signings, and in Cunningham's case at least a great signing BUT he has also signed first team players who are no better than (if as good as) as those that have gone, and he seems to be in the process of creating some new honorary spectators to replace those that have been paid-off. Many more displays like yesterday and others will doubtless be joining Brett in his sabbatical awaiting his next club.

Anyone know why DM has signed two strikers and winger (and that was before Yannick identified where his future lay) an no central defender?

Anyone know why Taylor played on the right wing when Davies has played much of his career as a winger and Stead has done a job there?

Anyone know what has suddenly promoted Anderson above Wooly?

Team v Leicester Player Played Preferred position

Heaton Goalkeeper Goalkeeper :clap:

Carey Right back Centre half right side :facepalm:

Fontaine Centre half right side Centre Half left side :facepalm:

Nyatanga Centre half left side Centre Half Left side :clap:

Foster Left Back Right Back :facepalm:

Morris Centre Midfield Centre Midfield

Skuse Midfield Right side Centre Midfield :facepalm:

Pearson Midfield Left side Midfield Left Side :clap:

Taylor Attack Right side Attack Centre :facepalm:

Baldock Attack Centre Attack Centre :clap:

Adomah Attack Left hand side Attack Right hand side :facepalm:

Out of the 11 we had 6 players playing in a position that was not their strongest, along with the fact that Baldock prefers to play with another striker not on his own.

Its not surprising that we played poorly and lost. When will Del decide our strongest team and formation and stick to it ?

When we are not blighted with injurys and get 1/2 decent defenders?

Bit hard to pick your strongest team if your strongest players are injured really.

Blimey we have to be 'experts' seemingly on here to have an opinion :punish:

Roger Red Hat wanted to see my coaching badge just 'cus I said Del can't find the right formation...love it.

No, what you announced in authoritative fashion was "Del doesn't know how to set the team up", suggesting he doesn't know what he is doing and you do know what to do.

It's my belief that he's got a much better background in the game than you, to know how to set a team up, unless you tell me otherwise of course.

I'm not questioning anybody's right to an opinion, but once it is expressed people have a right to question it.

What players are missing to make him play 6 players out of position.

Cunningham is clearly a huge loss, and in opinion we need another 2 defenders. I wouldnt say they were out of position, they should be able to adapt their game if needed in other areas, its part of being a proffesional footballer.

DM obviously set up that way for a reason and it didnt work, i dont think it matters how we set up yesterday as they didnt look interested to me, i disagree with his comment about the game, we couldnt have put less effort in if we tried.

Cunningham is clearly a huge loss, and in opinion we need another 2 defenders. I wouldnt say they were out of position, they should be able to adapt their game if needed in other areas, its part of being a proffesional footballer.

DM obviously set up that way for a reason and it didnt work, i dont think it matters how we set up yesterday as they didnt look interested to me, i disagree with his comment about the game, we couldnt have put less effort in if we tried.

Football is a pretty simple game, put your players in the positions they are best at and go out and play. As soon as you try shoe horning players who can't cope with change (because they are not at the standard to deal with anything other than 442), you are asking for trouble.

Clearly the players are happier playing 442, they showed it last season, when they just couldn't play with Del's 5 or 3 in midfield, and results showed, and they have showed it again.

At the end of the day, half of our players do not have the nous to play anything other than 442, it's been ingrained from a young age. We can not play it.

You see different in the Prem where you have a myriad of foreign players who have dealt with different formations all through their footballing lives.

You want to get results at our level with okay players, to coin a phrase four four effing two!

Hang on, I thought Blackburn were the best team we will play this season, or was it Leeds?? Oh no, it's probably Leicester. Although the same could be said about Brighton? Hey, wait 'till we meet Blackpool!!!

Spot on mate, that's exactly how i feel. Blackburn have nosedived since they put 5 past us!

'Once again Liam was at fault for their first goal and watching him the first half today was horrible. To see someone who has given us many excellent performances struggling like that was extremely sad to see. I would have taken him offf after twenty five minutes as although it would obviously be extremely embarrassing for him, it felt like the kindest thing to do was take him out of the firing line.'

Totally agree. I thought he could have played on the right side and put Carey in the middle. Dont think Del has done him any favours making him Captain. The lad is obviously struggling under the pressure. He looks nervous as a kitten. Give captaincy to Heaton or Foster.

Fontaine, Nyatanga & Carey aint bloody good enough, simples. The problem appears to be complicated by Del's pursuit of one player in particular (If what I hear is right)

Too many of the squad aint good enough, but until their contracts are up, I doubt Del can afford to replace too many of um

Archived