IGNORED

Trouble In Ground ?

Eco

over reaction??

I don't think there is a problem with people standing in the gangways at the back where all the others who like to stand are. But many of our fans like to sit down and follow the rules in place etc.

Maybe chaos was too much but it certainly caused problems for our fans and the stewards that came to sort. Basically it was unnecessary.

As I already stated, yesterday was the first of seven Police-Free games. I think the stewarding was perhaps the most over-zealous I've seen at the reebok and I've been a Bolton S/T holder for more years than I care to remember.

A lot were ejected for having beer in their seats, contrary to football bye-law Bu77-54it! That they had already walked up the steps from the bar area; passed a steward; and walked up the steps, it seems a little odd that the steward at the top of the steps,on looking at their tickets in order to guide them to their seating, might also have said, "Do yourself a favour buddy, go back down, finish your ale and then come back." That would have been the friendly thing to do and would have got rid of at least 3 or 4 ejections.

Or maybe our orange warriors like a bit of a rutt with supporters at this time f year, just to prove to their supervisor that they're as big and stupid as the idiots they're fighting with.

As I already stated, yesterday was the first of seven Police-Free games. I think the stewarding was perhaps the most over-zealous I've seen at the reebok and I've been a Bolton S/T holder for more years than I care to remember.

A lot were ejected for having beer in their seats, contrary to football bye-law Bu77-54it! That they had already walked up the steps from the bar area; passed a steward; and walked up the steps, it seems a little odd that the steward at the top of the steps,on looking at their tickets in order to guide them to their seating, might also have said, "Do yourself a favour buddy, go back down, finish your ale and then come back." That would have been the friendly thing to do and would have got rid of at least 3 or 4 ejections.

Or maybe our orange warriors like a bit of a rutt with supporters at this time f year, just to prove to their supervisor that they're as big and stupid as the idiots they're fighting with.

Should have let your daughter plant a right foot into his balls and make the bloke look a right pecker in front of his mates!

Sorry you were on the end of some of our low life support, I would try and distract you from the fact that it doesn't happen often, but there seems to be trouble almost every time (even if a small amount) when we travel in excess of 1k fans.

I'm a Bolton supporter and I sat, alongside my wife and daughter in the FAMILY STAND near to the divide between our supporters and yours.

I'm here in peace and certainly don't want to start WW3; your boys tried that already yesterday.

Anyway; here's an observation from a pacifist 50 year old:

We went one and then two goals down to you. It's not that unusual to be honest. We have spent a couple of our last 4 year in the Prem pretty much as whipping boys for the top six or seven clubs. We got merciless stick from your support. Again, something we're used to; "Who Are Ya? Who Are Ya?" "How Shit Must You Be? We're Winning Away!" a selection of two of the songs designed to goad the home support.

Once you've given it large to a section of the opposition fans, then things go awry for you on the pitch, you've really got to expect more of the same back at you.

"Two Nil and you ****** it up!" "How Shit Must You Be? We're Winning At Home!"

The reaction from your supporters nearest the fence? Well, I think one or two of your delightful mob would have liked to rip my head off. After all, I was grinning like a Cheshire cat! It's been hell of a while since we turned around a two goal deficit!

It was my daughter's 16th birthday today and she had a party last night. In order to get home in time we left the stadium with about 3 or 4 minutes left; something I've never done before. I crossed the away car park and was confronted by a small child of about 26 years of age. Really, he started off in a gang of around 5 City fans and walked over to me; as I've already said, a bloke with his wife and daughter in tow; and offered a kick off with me. I also stated earlier that I'm a pacifist. Well, not particularly a pacifist but I'm in a job I'd rather not lose just because some plebian called me out. Besides which, he did look a bit of a special needs case.

Anyway, I looked towards him and he was giving it the Billy Big Time, looked behind him for his fellow supporters. Fortunately for me they hadn't bothered coming with him, obviously recognising that a family of 3 were no match for a gang of 5. Once he'd realised he was on his own his arse dropped and he walked away muttering that I was a soft cúnt.

Anyway, the reason for my visit to your forum. Welcome to 21st century football. Shame some of your neanderthals are stuck in a 1970s time zone!

Very ITK MickyD Time to stir your hotpot, take it you Northern types still eat them.

Was at the game and will agree the stewards were a bit heavy handed, one steward checking tickets was letting everyone walk past with pints, doesn't help when coke and other drinks must be poured into cups as well.

Why put a family stand next to the away end that's just daft, if the game was police free saw at least 5 policemen in away end second half trying to help the stewards. Was set near to where trouble was with my 12 yo son and don't think it helped Bolton fans were trying to get across divide as well as city fans. Not sure what started it all but got well out if hand and stewarding didn't help, but then some of our fans were just being idiots which didn't help.

I was not present at the game but may I offer sincere apologies to you and your family for your distress. There is no excuse for our (so called) fans behaviour especially Billy Big Time who showed his bravery for all to see. I hope the keepers at Bristol Zoo can get him back where he belongs. I hope it didn't ruin your daughters big day. Again apologies to you all

+1

I'm afraid that on this forum you will encounter quite a few posters who persist in reminding other posters about city's ' conquests' back in the day, and still think that its worthy of respect if some of their own initiate fights etc even now. These are the same people who spend a whole game staring at opposition fans rather than watching the football.

It goes without saying that the majority of city fans manage to be passionate about our club and team, without feeling the need to act like morons.

For what it's worth, I add my apologies for the behaviour of the knob who confronted you and your family.

Should have let your daughter plant a right foot into his balls and make the bloke look a right pecker in front of his mates!

Sorry you were on the end of some of our low life support, I would try and distract you from the fact that it doesn't happen often, but there seems to be trouble almost every time (even if a small amount) when we travel in excess of 1k fans.

She'd have loved to, I'm sure. We too have our element of folk still stuck in the 70s. Most clubs have. It's just that most clubs don't kick off inside the ground any more. One or two of yours have got to be expecting the 7 o'clock knock. Our stewards will not enter the supporter's area without first getting the ok from their control box saying that at least half a dozen cameras are pointing towards the area they need to enter.

Very ITK MickyD Time to stir your hotpot, take it you Northern types still eat them.

Much prefer a bit of congealed blood. We call it Black Pudding. Then a bit of tripe and onions. It takes about 20 minutes to cook; just enough time to take my whippet down to t'park for a bit of a run then home to look after my pigeons. Any other Northern stereotypes you'd like me to mention?

Was at the game and will agree the stewards were a bit heavy handed, one steward checking tickets was letting everyone walk past with pints, doesn't help when coke and other drinks must be poured into cups as well.

Why put a family stand next to the away end that's just daft, if the game was police free saw at least 5 policemen in away end second half trying to help the stewards. Was set near to where trouble was with my 12 yo son and don't think it helped Bolton fans were trying to get across divide as well as city fans. Not sure what started it all but got well out if hand and stewarding didn't help, but then some of our fans were just being idiots which didn't help.

We have been on the receiving end of one or two coin throwing incidents over the years. Mainly towards the end of the season when our victories have relegated other clubs.

The away section used to be at the other end of the stand you were in but then that attracted Bolton fans to the corner near to them. Someone, in their wisdom, thought switching to the end adjacent to the family stand may be the way forwards.

+1

I'm afraid that on this forum you will encounter quite a few posters who persist in reminding other posters about city's ' conquests' back in the day, and still think that its worthy of respect if some of their own initiate fights etc even now. These are the same people who spend a whole game staring at opposition fans rather than watching the football.

It goes without saying that the majority of city fans manage to be passionate about our club and team, without feeling the need to act like morons.

For what it's worth, I add my apologies for the behaviour of the knob who confronted you and your family.

I frequent a similar board where the minority remember with fondness their youthful exploits at the grounds of rival clubs. Hell, in the 70s and early 80s I too would take liberties all over the country. Difference is, I grew up.

I frequent a similar board where the minority remember with fondness their youthful exploits at the grounds of rival clubs. Hell, in the 70s and early 80s I too would take liberties all over the country. Difference is, I grew up.

Well I hate to say this, but perhaps the divvies who spoiled a family day out (and shame this club) will grow up too. Maybe there were 50-year-old blokes tutting at your antics in the past.

I'm not condoning anyone's actions at Bolton, but if you've been no angel in the past there is a sort of irony in your experience.

I'm a Bolton supporter and I sat, alongside my wife and daughter in the FAMILY STAND near to the divide between our supporters and yours.

I'm here in peace and certainly don't want to start WW3; your boys tried that already yesterday.

We went one and then two goals down to you. It's not that unusual to be honest. We have spent a couple of our last 4 year in the Prem pretty much as whipping boys for the top six or seven clubs. We got merciless stick from your support. Again, something we're used to; "Who Are Ya? Who Are Ya?" "How Shit Must You Be? We're Winning Away!" a selection of two of the songs designed to goad the home support.

Once you've given it large to a section of the opposition fans, then things go awry for you on the pitch, you've really got to expect more of the same back at you.

The reaction from your supporters nearest the fence? Well, I think one or two of your delightful mob would have liked to rip my head off. After all, I was grinning like a Cheshire cat! It's been hell of a while since we turned around a two goal deficit!

It was my daughter's 16th birthday today and she had a party last night. In order to get home in time we left the stadium with about 3 or 4 minutes left; something I've never done before. I crossed the away car park and was confronted by a small child of about 26 years of age. Really, he started off in a gang of around 5 City fans and walked over to me; as I've already said, a bloke with his wife and daughter in tow; and offered a kick off with me. I also stated earlier that I'm a pacifist. Well, not particularly a pacifist but I'm in a job I'd rather not lose just because some plebian called me out. Besides which, he did look a bit of a special needs case.

Anyway, I looked towards him and he was giving it the Billy Big Time, looked behind him for his fellow supporters. Fortunately for me they hadn't bothered coming with him, obviously recognising that a family of 3 were no match for a gang of 5. Once he'd realised he was on his own his arse dropped and he walked away muttering that I was a soft cúnt.

Anyway, the reason for my visit to your forum. Welcome to 21st century football. Shame some of your neanderthals are stuck in a 1970s time zone!

On behalf of the decent City fans ( only about 99.9% of us), apologies. There is no excuse nor justification or your experience yesterday.

I actually smiled when the Bolton fans sang 2-0 and you ****** it up and how **** must you be, we're winning at home. The reason I smiled is because, I can remember times in the past when we have recovered from "impossible" situations and won, those are EXACTLY the songs we sing.

It struck me yesterday as very strange that some fans want to fight like this. I love my team, that will never, ever change, same as you. If I had been born in Bolton and my Dad had been a Boltonian ( is that the right word?) I would be exactly the same as you. But I was born in Bristol, to a Saintly woman and a Bedminster boy and thats why, many MANY years later, I was sat where I was yesterday. Please bring your wife and daughter to the return fixture at Ashton Gate, where I very much hope you will find that the overwhelming majority of City fans are decent, gracious types who love their team but respect the game and understand that you are exactly like us except for one tiny, trifling difference, the accident of where we were both born.

With all the zest of a 56 year old, i must say i travelled to your tump back in the seventies, along with probs 200 of my hooligan friends, ( i use the term hooligan lightlly, the magority of our support that day were civillian...ie non hooligan ) we stood on your old open end singing and carrying on with the usual banter you would expect from a small bunch of like minded away fans, we were subjected to an horrendous barrage of abuse and violence i have never too this day witnessed, it ended up with us and the local bill fighting toe to toe with your family friendly fans till the final whistle..

if i said that probs only 50 of us left the ground that day on our own feet that would be an exageration, the rest left by way of St. Johns ambulance service or left by theire own choice due to the actions of the home support...IE Threatened, you say you are 50 ish, you were probs there that day throwing lumps of the terracing at ME, before you met your wife, before you were an adult, before you had the audacity to come on this forum and spout your Bollocks....End of rant

With all the zest of a 56 year old, i must say i travelled to your tump back in the seventies, along with probs 200 of my hooligan friends, ( i use the term hooligan lightlly, the magority of our support that day were civillian...ie non hooligan ) we stood on your old open end singing and carrying on with the usual banter you would expect from a small bunch of like minded away fans, we were subjected to an horrendous barrage of abuse and violence i have never too this day witnessed, it ended up with us and the local bill fighting toe to toe with your family friendly fans till the final whistle..

if i said that probs only 50 of us left the ground that day on our own feet that would be an exageration, the rest left by way of St. Johns ambulance service or left by theire own choice due to the actions of the home support...IE Threatened, you say you are 50 ish, you were probs there that day throwing lumps of the terracing at ME, before you met your wife, before you were an adult, before you had the audacity to come on this forum and spout your Bollocks....End of rant

What's your point ??

Move on ...... This is 2012

On behalf of the decent City fans ( only about 99.9% of us), apologies. There is no excuse nor justification or your experience yesterday.

I actually smiled when the Bolton fans sang 2-0 and you ****** it up and how **** must you be, we're winning at home. The reason I smiled is because, I can remember times in the past when we have recovered from "impossible" situations and won, those are EXACTLY the songs we sing.

It struck me yesterday as very strange that some fans want to fight like this. I love my team, that will never, ever change, same as you. If I had been born in Bolton and my Dad had been a Boltonian ( is that the right word?) I would be exactly the same as you. But I was born in Bristol, to a Saintly woman and a Bedminster boy and thats why, many MANY years later, I was sat where I was yesterday. Please bring your wife and daughter to the return fixture at Ashton Gate, where I very much hope you will find that the overwhelming majority of City fans are decent, gracious types who love their team but respect the game and understand that you are exactly like us except for one tiny, trifling difference, the accident of where we were both born.

agreed i hope the little twerp is a member of this forum and is reading MickyD comments with shame, bet 99% of our nawty lads would struggle in a good one on one manly fist fight.....

I was at that game and I've spoken about it on here before - this is first time I've heard it reminisced by another on this forum.

I was about 16 and had travelled up the day before to meet up with my brother and get a train down from Liverpool, so I wasn't in with the main group of City fans in the ground. Same end ( it was huge) but higher up towards the entrance/exit so I had a very good view of the treatment City fans received that day.

Much as you described, City fans surrounded by police against a high back wall and subjected to a constant barrage of missiles and surging attacks from Bolton fans throughout the match.

Both clubs near the top of the table as I remember, Bolton won, I think 1-0 and Allardyce was playing for them. Horrible dark winter day and one of those occasions when you wonder why the hell you made the effort as you silently leave the ground surrounded by chanting Bolton fans, 'We are top of the league' making sure you don't make your allegiance known, with a miserable trip home in front of you.

Seem to remember also there is an occasional poster on here who has told how he lost an eye as a 15 year old at Bolton in the late '80's when a full can of coke/beer was thrown in his face.

Not a nice or welcoming place at all in my experience and I've never felt the wish to return there.

Post below is one of the first on their forum.......

Fell ashamed of fellow fans?...........I know I do........

We dont want you

We certainly dont need you

1a) To the Bristol 'fans' I understand that some of our bell-ends wound you up but to run round to the family stand after the match and challange supporters leaving said family stand to a brawl is nothing short of laughable (and laughed at you were). To then run over to the Harvester for a tear up (Yes a freakin Harvester full of families enjoying 2 for 1 meals & kiddies playing with trevor the train strewth there was even a kiddies birthday party on) is frankly embarrasing and if I was one of you lot I would be ashamed very ashamed of myself for doing so.

1a) To the Bristol 'fans' I understand that some of our bell-ends wound you up but to run round to the family stand after the match and challange supporters leaving said family stand to a brawl is nothing short of laughable (and laughed at you were). To then run over to the Harvester for a tear up (Yes a freakin Harvester full of families enjoying 2 for 1 meals & kiddies playing with trevor the train strewth there was even a kiddies birthday party on) is frankly embarrasing and if I was one of you lot I would be ashamed very ashamed of myself for doing so.

Firstly, to my knowledge Harvestor do not do 2 for 1 meals or is the north really that poor???

Secondly, how was it there were a handful of City with black eyes/cuts if they were fighting a kiddies birthday party?

This is exactly what we heard after Amici got smashed up at Forest 'it was full of families and children' yeah right. It was Forest who started that by lobbing chairs and there were some lippy Bolton fans around on Sat who got more than what they were bargaining for

Takes two to tango.

agreed i hope the little twerp is a member of this forum and is reading MickyD comments with shame, bet 99% of our nawty lads would struggle in a good one on one manly fist fight.....

I very much doubt it. Reading and writing skills probably don't feature highly on his list of acheivements.

I do, though, love how those folk on here, obviously with helpers for the reading and writing skills, join in by justifying their part in a bit of a fight. They were probably nowhere near!

Regarding my long-since-gone dallience with football violence; I grew up in an era when it was a case of fight of flight. Also it was expected. Those days are long gone but hey, you neanderthals carry on. Expect the 6 o'clock knock though.

I very much doubt it. Reading and writing skills probably don't feature highly on his list of acheivements.

I do, though, love how those folk on here, obviously with helpers for the reading and writing skills, join in by justifying their part in a bit of a fight. They were probably nowhere near!

Regarding my long-since-gone dallience with football violence; I grew up in an era when it was a case of fight of flight. Also it was expected. Those days are long gone but hey, you neanderthals carry on. Expect the 6 o'clock knock though.

As I posted ....... Some people need to move on as they are stuck in a 80's time wharp, to many wannabes on here that have no idea what the score was back then ....... Times have changed

I will get slated for saying it iknow

Archived