IGNORED

Times Up

Kenn Loyal

The buck has to stop with the manager, forget the players Del is at the top of the chain of responsibility and yes 5 straight defeats is hardly form that will keep you in a job in such a results based industry, are you going to say that someone like Mick McCarthy would not have been able to get this group of players to be organised, solid and difficult to beat, he just turned a side with no hope into one that wins away at Birmingham after one days training, Del has had ages to get that right and still we ship goals, its a harsh reality but facts speak for themselves, we will end up in league one as things stand

The real issue is that he's been allowed to bring in an assistant, Tony Docherty plus Jim McIntyre, Willie McStay and Alex Russell, how much do you think it would cost to pay them all off? so unless this losing run goes on for considerably longer I think he'll be backed.

However the next 2 games are vital if we are to have a chance of staying up, as Brum and Charlton look likely bottom six sides too.

I really hoped and believed Del was the man. But it is clear now he is out of his depth. This season it's his team, his players. Injuries etc - well every manager and team have to cope with that. Del has a big squad. The constant changes sadly show that he has lost his way. A friend of mine who is a big and well-connected Baggies (West Brom) fan expected Del to go there after learning his trade with us. West Brom definitely wouldn't be interested in him now. He was not a bad choice at the time but it hasn't worked out. We can't afford relegation. Time to get in a disciplinarian..since time immemorial City have been vulnerable to the effect of late nights on the town..not saying this is a key factor now...but in any event morale among the players and fans is rock bottom. Change has to come.

I was trying to think of a realistic alternative to Del, as he seems to be struggling now, but couldn't really come up with a name. Better the devil you know as the alternatives don't seem to be around?

Davies wouldn't last under SL as he constantly moaned about 'backing' in his last job and Sl won't put up with that.Nah

Coyle? Did very well at Burnley but failed at Notlob- Nah

Who else is there?

Archived