IGNORED

Times Up

Kenn Loyal

Found a site which could give a few ideas? - http://www.thesackrace.com/job-centre

Possibilities inlcude Ray Wilkins, John Ward, Lawrie Sanchez, Gary Megson, Owen Coyle, Steve Coppell, Billy Davies, Steve Cotterill (Who was doing a decent job at Forest, who had a similiar scenario last season to us now), Alex McLeish, Jim Magilton, and others.

Found a site which could give a few ideas? - http://www.thesackrace.com/job-centre

Possibilities inlcude Ray Wilkins, John Ward, Lawrie Sanchez, Gary Megson, Owen Coyle, Steve Coppell, Billy Davies, Steve Cotterill (Who was doing a decent job at Forest, who had a similiar scenario last season to us now), Alex McLeish, Jim Magilton, and others.

I wonder why these managers, Coppell apart, are all available ?

Reading this forum and this thread amazes me.

Followed City since the 70`s. This manager hasn`t had time to sort things yet. No wonder I don`t visit the Gate or bother posting here anymore.City fans on the whole are the most fickle. I have been a loyal supporter of this club for those "seasoned" who throw disdain on those who don`t hold a season ticket year on year.

Who do you expect here, Sir Alex Ferguson?

Disillousioned with football and disillousioned with the supporters of this club.

Sick of idiots complaining like schoolyard girls about name calling. He said that and called me names. Man up!! Sums up football when men (so called) on £1000`s per week complain about being called "nasty " and "hurtful" names when honourable lads are dying in Afghanistan for £20K a year. They should be our heroes, not prima donas who crave publicity to encourage their over active egos,.

Some of the comments on here recently regarding racism makes me realise what a whimp soceity we have in the UK. "Those nasty Germans in that trench called me names Sergeant," wasn`t a familair comment in the trenches in WW1. And for those who would accuse me of racism ,would well know that Walter Tull is a great hero of mine. (Look him up on Wikepedia if you don`t know him)

Give me the days of Sir Geoffery Merrick, Norman "Bite your legs" Hunter and Gerry "no messing" Gow.

After decades of my support, football stinks.

I will check to see how my team are doing every week, cheer on Del and hope he succeeds. Those who haven`t given him a chance can wait `til the Messiah arrives. I think you will be waiting a very long time.

Good night and closing the door on the way out

In memory of those who gave their lives, their futures, their hopes, for the modern day whimps who think name calling is grown up stuff!!

Sacking him now is out of the question for me. He's made changes in personnel, he has tried for a prolonged period to recruit for our glaring area of need, he has recruited a strike pairing to rival any in the league.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated at the constant chopping and changing, although this is certainly nothing new this season, but unless he decides otherwise his position should be safe until the middle of next month at least.

Had time for today's result to sink in and taken stock a bit.

Not quite sure why, but I'm not ready for Del to go just yet. It seems different to the Millen era and, although the results aren't great right now, I do feel that they will improve.

Injuries have hampered us a lot and prevented us from playing a solid first 11. Whether its been Cunningham, Fontaine, Elokobi, Wilson, Carey or Tangs, there have been injuries each week in our back four. The midfield has suffered with Skuse, Morris, Elliot, Kilkenny and Anderson all missing out with injury at one point or another.

That's 10 players at least who have missed game time with injuries. That disrupts harmony and prevents momentum being built.

It might explain the changes in formation and personnel over the last few weeks and why a settled 11 has not been easy to come by.

sorry we need grinding out football we've played the football the fans have demanded and its taken us to the bottom of the league, what i wouldn't give for gary johnson grind out result football now,

Sorry, but that's total carp. If we play rubbish attacking football, we lose; if we play rubbish defensive football, we lose. It's the rubbish that's the problem, not the style.

I wouldn't sack him at the moment (having said that I wouldn't exactly be gutted if he was sacked).

The jury remains out. His signings have been mixed, his team selections are baffling and seeming inability to realise our glaring weaknesses is extremely frustrating. At the same time has brought in some good players and of course he was able to turn it round last season.

For me he has five games to turn it round. If we haven't shown any improvement by time we've played Brighton then unfortunately I feel that we'll be forced to pull the trigger and gamble on someone else trying to secure our Championship status.

The question is 'simple'.

How far does BCFC let this go until they do something about it?

Does Steve allow the team to be relegated? That would be a total disaster for everything the man has invested in the club.

Does Del get until Xmas - by which time we could be well adrift?

There will be a deadline, and any manager will appreciate it is a results game.

I think the next six games will be enough either way, but if we lose the next three, that will be enough.

Frekin sad for all concerned - never thought we would be here again so soon.

:no:

so when dels sacked how long do you give the new bloke? to the end of the season,or a full year?

because it allways works bring a new guy in and away we go.

when has anybody come in and turned bristol city around in 5 mins. took johnson a year in the keague below, where we were a big fish .

4 new managers in this division this week,lets make it five, we could all go up!

I really hoped and believed Del was the man. But it is clear now he is out of his depth. This season it's his team, his players. Injuries etc - well every manager and team have to cope with that. Del has a big squad. The constant changes sadly show that he has lost his way. A friend of mine who is a big and well-connected Baggies (West Brom) fan expected Del to go there after learning his trade with us. West Brom definitely wouldn't be interested in him now. He was not a bad choice at the time but it hasn't worked out. We can't afford relegation. Time to get in a disciplinarian..since time immemorial City have been vulnerable to the effect of late nights on the town..not saying this is a key factor now...but in any event morale among the players and fans is rock bottom. Change has to come.

Interesting comment that I have also heard from a lifelong Baggie.

So often we hear - 'if Del goes who could we get to replace him' but it would be interesting to see where Del would go if he left/was sacked.

He hasn't enhanced his CV much in the last 12 months with us.

Keep the manager , change the owner. I'm sure I could look up the number of managers who have failed with Lansdown in charge but obviously I can't be bothered. However one thing is unarguable. One person has been overseeing this extended period of failure/mediocrity and seems to come out of it with little or no criticism. He's achieved nothing, I would suggest if anything we've gone backwards. And now he's disappeared. I recognize the financial implications but still would suggest that if this can be overcome , for us to progress Lansdown has to go. He is the problem, he is the common denominator.

This forum has become a disease over the past 6 or 7 years. The number of posts on here full of short-sighted, often misinformed or just plain ignorant ranting has been spiralling exponentially for the best (worst) part of a decade.

It's always change for change's sake, too, never with a thought that we might adopt a sense of deja vu somewhere down the line. Opinions cast with such authority, despite never having seen half the games they reference, opinions largely based around hearsay or something read in the paper, opinions assuming that a poor run can be turned around by some pre-defined plan like that time I steered Boston United away from relegation on Football Manager 2009.

It's not just on the field either, it's as though there's some well accepted conspiracy theory that clubs in England are at war with the fans (except at Ewood Park where they actually are).

It's poisonous. It's either as a result of an excuse to vent some anger at the player/manager of choice, or perhaps just a damning indictment of the attitude induced when behind a keyboard. It's not directly the case in this thread either, it's thousands of threads across this forum and millions of conversations, newspaper articles and pathetic tweets at players or otherwise elsewhere.

You know when you've only replied to posts for a number of months out of anger that your energy is better spent elsewhere.

This forum has become a disease over the past 6 or 7 years. The number of posts on here full of short-sighted, often misinformed or just plain ignorant ranting has been spiralling exponentially for the best (worst) part of a decade.

It's always change for change's sake, too, never with a thought that we might adopt a sense of deja vu somewhere down the line. Opinions cast with such authority, despite never having seen half the games they reference, opinions largely based around hearsay or something read in the paper, opinions assuming that a poor run can be turned around by some pre-defined plan like that time I steered Boston United away from relegation on Football Manager 2009.

It's not just on the field either, it's as though there's some well accepted conspiracy theory that clubs in England are at war with the fans (except at Ewood Park where they actually are).

It's poisonous. It's either as a result of an excuse to vent some anger at the player/manager of choice, or perhaps just a damning indictment of the attitude induced when behind a keyboard. It's not directly the case in this thread either, it's thousands of threads across this forum and millions of conversations, newspaper articles and pathetic tweets at players or otherwise elsewhere.

You know when you've only replied to posts for a number of months out of anger that your energy is better spent elsewhere.

And now we've got a Counsellor. This forum provides everything.

Followed City since the 70`s. This manager hasn`t had time to sort things yet. No wonder I don`t visit the Gate or bother posting here anymore.City fans on the whole are the most fickle. I have been a loyal supporter of this club for those "seasoned" who throw disdain on those who don`t hold a season ticket year on year.

Disillousioned with football and disillousioned with the supporters of this club.

Sick of idiots complaining like schoolyard girls about name calling. He said that and called me names. Man up!! Sums up football when men (so called) on £1000`s per week complain about being called "nasty " and "hurtful" names when honourable lads are dying in Afghanistan for £20K a year. They should be our heroes, not prima donas who crave publicity to encourage their over active egos,.

Some of the comments on here recently regarding racism makes me realise what a whimp soceity we have in the UK. "Those nasty Germans in that trench called me names Sergeant," wasn`t a familair comment in the trenches in WW1. And for those who would accuse me of racism ,would well know that Walter Tull is a great hero of mine. (Look him up on Wikepedia if you don`t know him)

Give me the days of Sir Geoffery Merrick, Norman "Bite your legs" Hunter and Gerry "no messing" Gow.

I will check to see how my team are doing every week, cheer on Del and hope he succeeds. Those who haven`t given him a chance can wait `til the Messiah arrives. I think you will be waiting a very long time.

In memory of those who gave their lives, their futures, their hopes, for the modern day whimps who think name calling is grown up stuff!!

In the 70s,80s and a lot of the 90s racism was widespread in football and in society...there were monkey chants from the terraces and bananas thrown at black players, racist attacks were also a lot more common. Would you prefer to live in Serbia where this behaviour seems to be more acceptable? It needed to be challenged then and it needs to be challenged whenever it comes up now. Germany is a great example of what can happen if you allow this kind of thing to go on...persecution of the Jews started with name calling, then it became acceptable and we know the rest. I'm not saying that would happen here but look at how many people voted BNP a few years ago. What upsets me is not players like the Ferdinands but is that a club like Chelsea are perfectly happy to give John Terry the captaincy after he's been given a (very lenient) 4 match ban for making blatantly racist comments. It's got nothing to do with how much money footballers get paid ...when it comes to racism the only responsible or "grown up" thing to do is to challenge it, be that in school,at work or on the football pitch.

Agree with you about giving Del plenty more time though :juggle:

hes out of his depth and needs to go,we are loyal fans and that means we know when a manager needs to go .loyalty to your team doesnt mean you cant see a poor manager when you have one,and weve had a few

If we got rid of the manager every time the loyal fans got fed up, we would be looking for a new manager more often than not!!!

It's sad to say but the days where I looked forward to a Saturday afternoon at the gate are a thing of the past. If changing manager and therefore the style of football we play is what it will take to make me look forward to going rather than it being a chore then so be it.

Things are going from bad to worse though and you cant help feel that a change is needed throughout the club from top to bottom. New investment which is easier said than done.

This squad is not good enough, simple as. DM's signings has been questionable to say the least, if not their lack of quality then purely the fact they don't even get played.

A win Tuesday will have a lot of people saying I told you so but all that will do is give people false hope as we will be relegated this season the way things are being run. Going back a step was just what norwich and southampton needed so maybe it wouldn't be the end of the world. Our attendances are that of a league 1 team, so to are the vast majority of players we have.

My guess is that we will have to stick with what we have for now purely down to the cost of having to change everything.

If you look back over the years, it's usually when a team takes a hiding at the end of a bad run that gets a manager the sack.

We haven't had a hiding from any team for, I can't remember when. A couple good results soon and all will be forgotten but a 3 or 4 goal defeat could cause murmurs amongst the board.

My prediction, Del will be here at the end of the season, and this is the first time I've said this at any time over the last few years, I think we will be relegated.

For the last 2 seasons we have debated whether or not to renew our season tickets. This debate usually starts towards the end of the season, perhaps March/April. We always do renew but this year the questioning has already started and I really believe this will be the last season for us. After all the promise of Del's, appointment; the last gasp (almost) reprieve from relegation AGAIN; the getting rid of the surplus players and the excitement of the new summer signings, here we are again,watching the same lack of drive and the same old disappointment in yet another season staring relegation in the face. The writing appeared on the wall on our predictable, annual exit from the cup in the early rounds and we know we will fall at the first fence of the FA cup too. I don't know what the answer is but I am not sure I can stand yet another season watching how far behind the rest of the pack we are falling.

Archived