IGNORED

Times Up

Kenn Loyal

He's still got my full backing. We simply cannot afford to keep chopping and changing new managers every season! If he goes, that's 4 managers in the last 5 years! We need to stick by him and buckle up. I believe in Del, I really do.

I also don't think he's to blame for this, part of it is the boards.

He's still got my full backing. We simply cannot afford to keep chopping and changing new managers every season! If he goes, that's 4 managers in the last 5 years! We need to stick by him and buckle up. I believe in Del, I really do.

We must be patient with our managers.

But I'm struggling to see how it's the boards fault.

We have spent a lot of money that our gates don't warrant. Davies,Baldock,Morris,Cunningham,Anderson,McManus,Heaton,Elokobi and Foster have all come in during the last 9 months?.

So you can't say the board haven't supported the manager.

Mcinnes has to be given time to turn it around,a change of manager every season just doesn't work.

In this voice I trust...

But it surprises me to hear...

I perhaps am being too judgemental, if we loose the next two then in my view we have to act to save our championship status. It's the constant chopping and changing of the team that irks me, it's like Del seems not to have a clue and is just picking eleven random players in hope of stopping the rot. The core of the team to Del seem to be Skuse, Pearson, Fontaine. 2 of those are woefully out of form yet don't get dropped when people like woolford, taylor and co do despite putting in better performances.

My reaction also comes from a simple fall out of love with City in general. At the moment the passion has gone, it's been falling away for 3-4 years, I only renewed my ST on last day because my wife did. I'm fairly certain this year will be my last after 20 odd years. I simply find more reward going to Taunton and watching cricket (a whole season costs £150) where I can see players who are down to earth and don't earn excessive amounts of money, young lads from the region getting a chance, where the atmosphere is relaxed and even little things like the catering are quick, efficient and reasonably priced. It's the whole state of football in this country perhaps that is pushing me further away each game. A sad time.

I perhaps am being too judgemental, if we loose the next two then in my view we have to act to save our championship status. It's the constant chopping and changing of the team that irks me, it's like Del seems not to have a clue and is just picking eleven random players in hope of stopping the rot. The core of the team to Del seem to be Skuse, Pearson, Fontaine. 2 of those are woefully out of form yet don't get dropped when people like woolford, taylor and co do despite putting in better performances.

My reaction also comes from a simple fall out of love with City in general. At the moment the passion has gone, it's been falling away for 3-4 years, I only renewed my ST on last day because my wife did. I'm fairly certain this year will be my last after 20 odd years. I simply find more reward going to Taunton and watching cricket (a whole season costs 150) where I can see players who are down to earth and don't earn excessive amounts of money, young lads from the region getting a chance, where the atmosphere is relaxed and even little things like the catering are quick, efficient and reasonably priced. It's the whole state of football in this country perhaps that is pushing me further away each game. A sad time.

Yes, I and I'm sure many others feel the same way Tom.

I hate to be the grumpy old got who says, it wasn't this bad back in my day. However, watching a skint City play with a group of young players, many local, in the lower divisions, was so much more fun than nowadays. Proper old fashioned stadia with no corporate hospitality on sight.

I too much prefer cricket now.

I don't think we can chop and change managers all the time though.

We must be patient with our managers.

But I'm struggling to see how it's the boards fault.

We have spent a lot of money that our gates don't warrant. Davies,Baldock,Morris,Cunningham,Anderson,McManus,Heaton,Elokobi and Foster have all come in during the last 9 months?.

So you can't say the board haven't supported the manager.

Mcinnes has to be given time to turn it around,a change of manager every season just doesn't work.

I'm not saying the board haven't supported the manager, they have. I'm criticising the board for their choice of management. Mcinnes is a good manager IMO, but at the time, we needed someone who has been there and done it. We couldn't afford a ' young promising manager '.

Exactly - !!

some people have already hit the eject button and have forgotten that we have lost arguably our most consistent player, Cunningham and his replacement. two very defining turning points in our season.

Playing an unsettled unchanged side is ideal but Del has been dealt a poor hand with injuries.

There is a lot more to our downturn agreed but the loss of Cunningham was in my opinion played a massive part.

I'm not saying the board haven't supported the manager, they have. I'm criticising the board for their choice of management. Mcinnes is a good manager IMO, but at the time, we needed someone who has been there and done it. We couldn't afford a ' young promising manager '.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. When we were in the market for a new manager, you looked around at who was available and on the whole it was a pretty underwhelming field of potential applicants.

To take just two examples, Dave Jones had been sacked by Cardiff (arguably justifiably) for failing serially to convert play-off places into promotions, despite having spent heavily on a squad containing some high-profile and very talented players. There wasn't exactly a stampede to engage his services and he remained out of work for quite some time. The well-liked and deservedly respected O'Driscoll had been on a fairly prolonged spell of gardening leave and was starting to flirt with the possibility of a lower league appointment. Neither man was exactly in the first flush of youth and there was reason to think that their best work might be behind them and that their respective careers might be on a downward trajectory. There were similar reservations about most of the other possible candidates.

The argument put forward by the board - that they favoured a very capable young manager whose star was on the rise over a raft of old hands who were all the wrong side of 50 - seemed to many to have merit at the time. I said in an earlier post that I haven't got a crystal ball. Plainly not, in fact, because since then O'Driscoll has made a decent start at Forest and Jones achieved promotion with Wednesday. Fair play to both of them for proving doubters (including me) wrong, but the case for going for someone of this type was very far from clear at the time.

I applauded the board for going for an ambitious, energetic and enthusiastic young man who was held in high regard by a number of established managers who had worked with him or knew him well. They - and I - may have been wrong, but if that is the case then so were many other supporters and much informed opinion within the game. Every appointment carries a risk, but, and this is the main point, if you sack him now you will never know if we were wrong or not, because one year in the job at a club in our position simply is not long enough to be able to make a reliable judgement. Add to that the disruption and huge cost of dismissing him (and probably all his new back-room staff as well) and dismantling all the structures he's put in place and you will almost certainly take the club backwards rather than forward.

I'm as concerned as the next person at our current form, but calls for McInnes to be removed are premature, unhelpful and an over-reaction at this time.

Exactly - !!

some people have already hit the eject button and have forgotten that we have lost arguably our most consistent player, Cunningham and his replacement. two very defining turning points in our season.

Playing an unsettled unchanged side is ideal but Del has been dealt a poor hand with injuries.

There is a lot more to our downturn agreed but the loss of Cunningham was in my opinion played a massive part.

Unfortunately, if we have to rely on a fullback being fit, we really are up sh1t creek.

He is desperately holding onto his job!

All he did yesterday was contest every decision from the touch line! It was quite embarrassing to watch! It was like e didn't understand the game!

Strange fella!

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=78297#ixzz2BGCyODIN

Made me laugh that comment, because it's true

Archived