IGNORED

Charlton Match Thread

South Bristol Red

Right footed and left footed CB's, 2 out and out wingers, ball player and a ball winner in the middle and a big man and little man upfront.

Some good combinations there.

Exactly what I was thinking. A team line up that I can agree with. Maybe I would have liked to see Anderson start in place of Wooly though.

Exactly what I was thinking. A team line up that I can agree with. Maybe I would have liked to see Anderson start in place of Wooly though.

I can see Woolford tucking in if it is a 4 man midfield, leaving the onus on Briggs to get forward

Solid looking team.

Wouldn't have brought Heaton back instead of Geken, and Davies should always start if 100% imo - perhaps he isn't?

Anyway, you're never going to agree with everything, confident that team should give Charlton a good game.

Off to the Gate now - COME ON CITY!

Solid looking team.

Wouldn't have brought Heaton back instead of Geken, and Davies should always start if 100% imo - perhaps he isn't?

Anyway, you're never going to agree with everything, confident that team should give Charlton a good game.

Off to the Gate now - COME ON CITY!

If you are fit enough for the bench, you are fit enough to start IMO, if there is any doubt on fitness, there is no way you should be on the bench, and breaking down when you come on.

I am surprised, if fit, he should start. That team is probably the most balanced he has put out for a while. Here is hoping for a good performance

If you are fit enough for the bench, you are fit enough to start IMO, if there is any doubt on fitness, there is no way you should be on the bench, and breaking down when you come on.

I am surprised, if fit, he should start. That team is probably the most balanced he has put out for a while. Here is hoping for a good performance

Another one of those things that is often said in football, when in reality, it makes no sense. He may well be fit enough to start, but would you say that because someone is fit enough to run a half marathon, then they are therefore fit enough to run a full marathon? No. If he's only able to give 100% for say, 30 minutes, then starting the player would make no sense.

As balanced a side as he could put out.

Still looks very weak down the middle to me, but that aint the fault of McInnes to be fair.

Elliott or Pearson ?

Kilkenny or Morris ?

Woolford or Anderson ?

Wilson or Carey ?

Not a lot in it really.

Really?, whose fault is it then GJ, Millen?, he has failed to address a problem that has persisted for 4/5 years, so he has seen it for the past 12 months on a regular basis.

Another one of those things that is often said in football, when in reality, it makes no sense. He may well be fit enough to start, but would you say that because someone is fit enough to run a half marathon, then they are therefore fit enough to run a full marathon? No. If he's only able to give 100% for say, 30 minutes, then starting the player would make no sense.

Makes perfect sense, if he breaks down you can sub him. If you bring him on for someone else, and he breaks down, you are screwed. If he is fit enough he is fit enough, if he isn't he should not be on the bench. simple as that.

Don't agree. IMO he maybe good enough for 20 mins at the end, not irritate his injury and ease his way back in to full contention. Personally I think it makes sense to ease a player back in to match fitness.

Don't agree. IMO he maybe good enough for 20 mins at the end, not irritate his injury and ease his way back in to full contention. Personally I think it makes sense to ease a player back in to match fitness.

see above for answer

Correct. People trott this statement out whenever this situation occurs. DM had to ease SD into the team at the start of the season due to his lack of pre-season.

Makes perfect sense, if he breaks down you can sub him. If you bring him on for someone else, and he breaks down, you are screwed. If he is fit enough he is fit enough, if he isn't he should not be on the bench. simple as that.

The point is match fitness not whether the injury will reoccur. If there was a danger of that, then I agree he should not be on the bench at all, but in terms of fitness, i.e. the ability to give 100% for 90 minutes, the point does not make sense.

The point is match fitness not whether the injury will reoccur. If there was a danger of that, then I agree he should not be on the bench at all, but in terms of fitness, i.e. the ability to give 100% for 90 minutes, the point does not make sense.

I was not talking about match fitness. When you are coming back from a hamstring injury, you have to be 100% certain it is okay, if it isn't he should not be on the bench. It is even worse from the bench, as you can never get it warmed up sufficiently. Sorry I should have made it clear I was on about his injury, not match fitness per se

Great starting lineup for us today, no excuses I think.

Heaton is reliable in goal

The back four look balanced

We've got the only creative midfielder available playing with Kilkenny, balanced with a box to box midfielder with Elliot

Strong wingers with Adomah and hopefully Wooly getting his mojo back

Think the combination of Taylors hold up play with Baldocks pace and off the ball movement is our best option up top.

Very optimistic for today! 3-1 City

COYR

Normally I'd agree with you but I think we're that desperate Davies is there to throw on for the last 15 if we're desperate. If he was fit enough for even half a game I think he'd start

Archived