IGNORED

Charlton Match Thread

South Bristol Red

Look up a horse called Calico Cat, or Know No Fear. I paid £3,200 and £800 for them. Written off by many. Calico Cat I aimed at high class races and despite his inexperience, he handled the pressure well because he had raw ability and took on some of the best in the country. I paid £3,200 for him and sold him for £40,000 when I felt I couldn't improve him any more and he hasn't run since.

Know No Fear was a classy horse who lost his way. I paid £800 for him, and gave him time and confidence, and gradually brought him back to the track in the right grade and he's won me 7 races and placed 17 times in the last 2 years. His rating has gone from 50 to 70, and he is now a good honest proven handicapper. If you have ability under the right training you can achieve greatness, many good players/horses lose their way, but you need someone to motivate you back to your best.

I believe we have some good players, however I believe our manager can't motivate the players he has or handle the bigger names he has acquired. Therefore in my opinion, he is out of his depth and the job is too big for him.

Are your motivational talks to the horses done by horse whispering?

I'll tell you why I called Kachina clueless, it's the three points in his original statement. 'Scottish pals' what are you talking about? Who gives a toss if they're Scottish or not. There's only one Scotsman on the pitch isn't there?

Millen and Tinnion...really? We've shown we have attacking flair at the start of the season and since certain injuries, things have gone pear shaped. We aren't an attractive club to come to, we know Del has tried to get the players he needed in. I'm no happy clapper, I'm more frustrated with the players above anything. Getting rid of Del halfway through the season, where the hell would that leave us, and who would replace him?

You've lost me here?

I think his point is the new strikers we don't need are the only ones in the team who score goals.

Certainly I think we'd have been just as stuffed if we'd stuck with Pitman, Stead and Taylor as our only attacking options as we are lumbered with the midfield and defence we have. All three (and the Goalkeeper) badly needed fixing...

7-8 games is not Knee jerking, I see the Knee jerk reaction being quoted during and after every single game of this loosing run. When does it stop being a knee jerk reaction?

Spot on this is not knee jerking this is considered thought process over an extended period...The guy HAS NOT GOT A CLUE!

The sooner we realize the problems were not even addressed and replacements were bought not to play the sooner we will all come to terms with this garbage.

They call it Cognitive Dissonance...The ability to dismiss the obvious because it doesn't agree with an existing view!! I no longer have dissonance

I see your point but, returning to football, I felt that Johnson was a bit like that, able to get a team to over perform the skill levels of individuals. Who would you have in mind to do the job now for City?

Paolo Di Canio

Graham Turner

Micky Mellon

Roy Keane

Anyone with a bit of bite about them.

I think his point is the new strikers we don't need are the only ones in the team who score goals.

Certainly I think we'd have been just as stuffed if we'd stuck with Pitman, Stead and Taylor as our only attacking options as we are lumbered with the midfield and defence we have. All three (and the Goalkeeper) badly needed fixing...

We needed one new striker.....not two.

We needed two, or at least one, new centre halves

We needed a new midfielder...he bought someone who can't get in the team because he is just as bad. He bought a winger who can't get a start either.

Baldock and Davies...even though they are both quality and I love having them here, was a waste of money. We should have bought one and built from the back.

He has wasted his money

Really always try to put a positive spin on city, but this has been as poor as Ive seen CIty In the league. Combination of no guile on the ball and desire to win the ball. Translates to me as players playing with fear. As I write this the seconds gone in. Absolute woeful schoolboy pathetic. No words. Show some ******g fight boys.

Archived