IGNORED

Charlton Match Thread

South Bristol Red

Nah...like Del unproven at this level

It's not massively relevant whether someone's proven at this level. What matters is whether they can do the job. If we can find a manager who's succeeded in the Championship on a small budget, motivates teams, gets them playing well and wants to join us, I'm all for it. If the only options are people who've struggled at other clubs (Jewell, Keane, Cotterill etc.) maybe we're better off finding someone who's not managed up here before but has some ideas...

it might have escaped your notice DMC has had a year to clear the failures out and he hasn't in fact he has done exactly what the last 2 managers did, stubbornly put his faith in these failures, he is signing his own death warrant.

A year isn't massively long time. And it's not all that easy to clear failures out if they're on big contracts and nobody wants to buy them. I'm not saying he shouldn't go (I think it's probably now reached the tipping point where something has to change) or that he hasn't made mistakes. And he probably is signing his own death warrant by picking certain players every week regardless of form

But he joined a club in a difficult situation and I suspect the job has been a lot harder than he (or most of us) realised. Yes, he's failing at the moment and it might just have reached the point where he's outright failed and will move on. But I don't think he's a bad manager, just a manager who's struggling to do this particular job at this moment in time. And I think, whoever we get in, it's going to take time and radical decisions to unpick the mistakes of the last few years. And that isn't down to McInnes.

Im not sure I follow your logic! He accepted the job with a mandate and failed. He has spent millions on players that dont play and ignored the obvious frailties....however lets not fall out...we are shit and we know we are and something has to change immediately!!

I agree that he's accepted a job with a mandate and failed (though I doubt the spending is actually millions...)

All I'm saying is I think, given the state we were in when he joined us, many very good managers would have found it just as hard-going to turn things round and I don't actually blame him or bear him any malice if it proves the job is a bit beyond him... Which isn't to say he shouldn't go. Just that I'm not going to start slagging him off and, if he goes, he'll go with my good wishes.

So seems people on here are split about 50/50 on here regarding Del staying/leaving and one poster who thinks we need a husky voice to get us back on track. Anyone else think that the tone/depth of a manager's voice has a bearing on the success of the team he is in charge of? Perhaps a rich and velvety voice would help us climb the table, what do you think?

So seems people on here are split about 50/50 on here regarding Del staying/leaving and one poster who thinks we need a husky voice to get us back on track. Anyone else think that the tone/depth of a manager's voice has a bearing on the success of the team he is in charge of? Perhaps a rich and velvety voice would help us climb the table, what do you think?

Hi pitched squeaky Alan Ball voice for me

You've all got my back up now... I think I'm transferring some of my anger at results onto here. It may also be because our lass is watching 'You've Got Mail' and won't put the football back on....

... But I think If someone unconnected to this club is reading this they would think we're all insane. One person thinks they know what's best for the club because they train second rate race horses, someone else would prefer the 2 worst managers of recent years to McInnes (perhaps together? A Tin Man/Millen partnership?!), there's talk of Micky Mellon, a non league manager who got Fleetwood out of the Conference whilst spending quite a bit if cash, being 'The Only Option'- maybe his agent is a city fan? Yes, it's really shit at the minute but Jesus people get a grip!

I can only think of one or two managers who could get this bunch of idle Canutes to perform like footballers and they ain't gonna come here. Might as well stick with Del under those circumstances.

McInnes please please please just resign, you are miles out of your depth. Should be 2-0 down and Danny Haynes is running our defence ragged !!! Just go Del, don't come back and take the rest of your useless Scottish Pals with you. I would rather Tinnion or Millen in charge right now !!! We are going down with this clown in charge.

Robbie savage signing then?

I agree that he's accepted a job with a mandate and failed (though I doubt the spending is actually millions...)

All I'm saying is I think, given the state we were in when he joined us, many very good managers would have found it just as hard-going to turn things round and I don't actually blame him or bear him any malice if it proves the job is a bit beyond him... Which isn't to say he shouldn't go. Just that I'm not going to start slagging him off and, if he goes, he'll go with my good wishes.

We are bottom of the league and adrift!

I dont think anyone really bare's him malice as a person but many think he is a failure as a manger and should go and many more would agree!

As for the spending...regardless of the amount, and the Maynard money purchases and signing on fees would be huge....he didnt buy/sign the players that we needed for three seasons, we both know that...Thats not hard luck thats not taking care of business

Oh FFS, different person, same old bollocks, Doc talking utter crap on the radio instead of Del. **** I N G Clueless bullshit being spouted to the fans again. Stop the BS man up and give those players a proper public bollocking they deserve

Oh FFS, different person, same old bollocks, Doc talking utter crap on the radio instead of Del. **** I N G Clueless bullshit being spouted to the fans again. Stop the BS man up and give those players a proper public bollocking they deserve

Find out where they're p1ssing it up tonight and give it to them in person.

how many times has he said "work harder..."?

Utter meanlingless, pointless, cliched drivel.

Archived