IGNORED

Charlton Match Thread

South Bristol Red

What did he say?

usual crap, if we had scored one it may have been different, yeah yeah, you have been scoring in most games and failing. Hard work in training. Players are behind us and working hard yadda yadda yadda, stay with us, its early in the season yadda yadda yadda.

We don't want to heR THAT CRAP, TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY FEEL OR SHUT THE **** UP AND STOP GIVING INTERVIEW.

POINTLESS DRIVEL

absolute clueless performance it's pissing me right off no fight no passion just utter shite long ball crap and to make things worse my roasters and yorkshire pudding taste like shite now they have been put in the micromave.

Should have put them in the microWave - should have gone to SpecSavers ;)

So; 12 months on, are we in a better league position? No.

Have we addressed the obvious defensive frailties? To an extent, Cunningham was a class signing but the centre back problem was and still is a huge problem, so No.

Midfield, has this improved? Arguably our biggest problem area, although there are so many......!!! IMHO Cisse is a big loss and his replacement (?) Morris, looks woeful and way out of his depth, we have in Skuse & Elliott 2 players that don't really seem to offer us much going forward or defensively, both will run all day but don't offer the creativity or guile we so desperately need. No.

I coukd go on and on, Anderson, the unnecessary purchase of strikers, the devaluing of Pitman etc but I think it's clear that SO FAR McInnes has failed, I'd like to see him turn it around but I just can't see it, if he does go, it needs to be now, give a new manager time to assess the situation before transfer lunacy in January.

Knowing City we will prib wait til the window closes then sack him........

usual crap, if we had scored one it may have been different, yeah yeah, you have been scoring in most games and failing. Hard work in training. Players are behind us and working hard yadda yadda yadda, stay with us, its early in the season yadda yadda yadda.

We don't want to heR THAT CRAP, TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY FEEL OR SHUT THE **** UP AND STOP GIVING INTERVIEW.

POINTLESS DRIVEL

Oh dear. This is what I hate most of all about a coach. Di Canio would of fined them all and had them in for training tomorrow morning which is how it should be when you lose 7 games in a row IMO.

A year isn't massively long time. And it's not all that easy to clear failures out if they're on big contracts and nobody wants to buy them. I'm not saying he shouldn't go (I think it's probably now reached the tipping point where something has to change) or that he hasn't made mistakes. And he probably is signing his own death warrant by picking certain players every week regardless of form

But he joined a club in a difficult situation and I suspect the job has been a lot harder than he (or most of us) realised. Yes, he's failing at the moment and it might just have reached the point where he's outright failed and will move on. But I don't think he's a bad manager, just a manager who's struggling to do this particular job at this moment in time. And I think, whoever we get in, it's going to take time and radical decisions to unpick the mistakes of the last few years. And that isn't down to McInnes.

couldn't agree more. he's had little over a year to turn a pretty abysmal team around which, with the funding he's received, really isn't a long time to turn water into wine. again, the fickle nature of our crowd is disappointing - he was the popular appointment, and yet we're not even ready to give him a year. mental. even more mental is the idea someone like Paulo Di Canio or Roy Keane or suchlike would love to come here. Some people on this thread need a reality check.

couldn't agree more. he's had little over a year to turn a pretty abysmal team around which, with the funding he's received, really isn't a long time to turn water into wine. again, the fickle nature of our crowd is disappointing - he was the popular appointment, and yet we're not even ready to give him a year. mental. even more mental is the idea someone like Paulo Di Canio or Roy Keane or suchlike would love to come here. Some people on this thread need a reality check.

As another poster said, he identified 2 areas to strengthen central defence and central midfield and then totally ignored them. Signed strikers and wingers and full backs, waited until our good start crumbled before addressing our centre back problem and has not got anywhere near attempting to solve our centre midfield problem.

What a load of Guff, Ernie the Eel gave 100%, but you wouldn't pick him in your swimming squad

Eddie the Eagle gave 100%, but you wouldn't pick him in your Ski Jump team

Liam Robinson always gave his all, you wouldn't pick him. Sorry 100% is only any good if you are getting results 100% of nothing is still nothing

Well regarding Eddie.... that's where you're wrong...... he was our only Ski Jumper and he got picked

Not that dissimilar to our team selections and who's available on the day?

Well regarding Eddie.... that's where you're wrong...... he was our only Ski Jumper and he got picked

Not that dissimilar to our team selections and who's available on the day?

I think they bought in a qualifying distance after Eddies efforts, I don't think he would have been able to have been picked at the next games :)

Except that Eddie did 100% every time, he just wasn't a ski jumper, but the fact that he is still alive should be reward in itself.

Dead right. It takes a lot of guts to do a ski jump and he held on to them, thank the Powers That Be.

To get back (roughly) on topic, it reminds me of the kids and old codgers who stood up to the plate in 1982. Yes, they got stuffed, but they gave it all they had.

The players absolutely let McInnes down today, especially the first 45 minutes.

McInnes then had the opportunity to show some balls and haul a couple off, instead he waited, and waited until it was too late.

he then brings off both strikers - I could not believe it. If he thinks that our strikers are the issue, we are down.

Fontaine lumping balls up to Baldock against that tank of a centre half Cort just topped it all off. Unbelievable.

Even more demoralising to then get home and hear the absolute nonsense from Docherty.

What worried me was that Charlton were the worst time I've seen at AG this season . . . .

Really? I was quite impressed. well organised, pass and move, the 2 centre halves were excellent, the winger was direct & tricky along with Hulse and Haynes murdered us.

Really? I was quite impressed. well organised, pass and move, the 2 centre halves were excellent, the winger was direct & tricky along with Hulse and Haynes murdered us.

Thought they lacked any composure on the ball. Didn't realise Hulse was playing until he was subbed. What wingers??!!? They were abysmal, and we made them look decent.

Thought they lacked any composure on the ball. Didn't realise Hulse was playing until he was subbed. What wingers??!!? They were abysmal, and we made them look decent.

Reminds me of the Tommy Docherty / Bill Shankly joke. To avoid repetition, I'll just say that we made the dustbins look good.

Don't know the joke? Ask your Dad...

Hulse was the one winning the headers and knocking over our Center Halves, fairly regularly.

Archived