IGNORED

Disharmony Within The Camp Over Wages.

Robbored

Arn, this shitgibbon has posted enough shite over the years for you to know that he has alterior motives. I'd have thought you'd know that by now. Even if there is an issue, how is posting it on a public forum going to resolve the issue?

Go with that and perhaps shouldnt have posted but I honestly believe there could be some truth in it mucker.

Average players are two-a-penny. We should only be paying top dollar to players that make a genuine difference. Amougou for instance. I remember Maradonna saying something along those lines once upon a time and it is as true now as it was then.

That last remark reminds me of a totally unrelated but nostalgic advert from the 70's and 80's...'Hovis, its as wholesome today as its always been' As the lad pushes his bike up Shaftesbury Hill. Them were the days. Aye lad, thruppance a week if you were lucky but as long as you had your cuppa cocoa and a piece of Hovis bread tucked under your cap you were happy as Larry.

Look it's really simple. Skusey... you want 12k a week. No. You're not worth it, find another club. There's £600k saved..Next ?

After the midfield's performance yesterday, it amazes me that people can still slag Skuse off. He is a very decent midfielder, compared to the lamentable Kilkenny and, sadly, Marvin Elliott on present form,

After the midfield's performance yesterday, it amazes me that people can still slag Skuse off. He is a very decent midfielder, compared to the lamentable Kilkenny and, sadly, Marvin Elliott on present form,

he is a decent player not midfielder, Skuse's problem is he isn't strong in any one postion but is decent in 3 postions,

Not slagging him off. A fair utility player but not worth 12K a week. Simple as that.

Not sure what the point if this is? Pointless scare moungering maybe to try and cause an even bigger stir?

So what if players are paid more? It happens at every level and there is not a player in the squad that can moan at present!

Half of them don't care about the club anyway so they should count themselves we are thick enough to pay them the crazy wages we do! If true of course!

If the going rate for Baldock was 19k a week then City should not have contemplated signing him.

We were assured the club was absolutely determined to drive the wage bill down and now they are supposedly paying one player just under 1M a year?

Lost for words really.

Cheers mate.

I actually think the OP has a point, yet has been raped for his comments.

Skuse is Bristolian through and through and probably would love to stay at the club.

If he can't secure a deal at Bristol City that suits him and his family why should he?

Someone like Holloway/Millen at Palace would take the man for sure.

In a good side he is/would be a massive asset to a football club.

What will be sad is if he walks in May without the club getting a penny for him.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he went in the January sales.

As for Davies/Baldock I for one think they are both on serious money, both would not leave bigger clubs than ours for less money!

I thought Skuse had been given a new long term contract within the last year?

If that's not correct and he's actually running out of contract let's see what interest there is in him.

Not rumours, but concrete bids - as far as I know there has NEVER been a bid for Skuse so If Hollowhead/Millen or anyone else want to make one that's absolutely fine by me.

I'm flabbergasted that he may already be on 10k per week and if that's true I'd be looking to definitely sell in January if possible, and certainly not further increase what would already be quite absurd wages.

Don't mind in the slightest if high wages are the going rate. Just people all season been saying we've got to meet ffp and we are cutting back when we've been spending millions on forwards. Then we can't afford any cb or cm due to there high wages, why the apparent double standards and then the admin at the club cut to the bone to save money.

I wonder how many on the board when we were cutting back took a wage cut.

Yep, the quoted wages are ludicrous for Bristol City.

Why would he be 'banging the goals in' at Championship level anyway?

His highest ever total is 14 for MK Dons in the lower leagues.

the quoted wages are complete bullshit posted from someone with a history of making things up and having an agenda to undermine the club

I dont believe for one second these players are on that much after all thats been said about getting the wage bill down. But I do expect the three that have been mentined to be our highest earners, And why shouldnt they be? Stead was probably our best player last year and Baldock and Davies are probably our best this year. Coincedence? I think not You pay the wages you get the better players. If Bikey and Cisse could have been signed they would of been up there with the top earners aswell, and we would of had a bloody solid core to our team. If there is disharmony in the team the ones moaning should look at how they can be more like the top earners in terms of effort and ability. Not solking to there agents.

And if Skuse thinks hes worth 12k a week I hope they are laughing in his face.

I wouldn't worry what money any of our players were on if they were actually earning their wages.

Seems to me a huge difference between what they get paid and what they are worth, based on their match day performances.

Sorry mate - he wouldn't have been on a third of that.

Read the DeLoittes report if you want to see realistic salaries for footballers.

Based on averages.

I was told that one reason the Baldock deal took so long to finalise was largely down to his reluctance to take a drop in wages.

But ...............who really knows?

Archived