IGNORED

Galatasaray / Eastend Surfer Flag

UREDS_91

Don't you think it's like flogging a dead horse...

Atmosphere as we knew it, will get less and less at Football in this Country.

It's a very fine line between passion and aggression, and as we know from the past, aggression sometimes wins.

Imho, Clubs and authorities don't want passions to be raised too much. As it often leads to aggression.

Football in England is now the safest place to watch a game in Europe now.

They want to keep it that way.

You can argue all you like... it's never going to be the same again in this country.

If the commercial director etc rated fans efforts they would encouraged further. The club could have done any number of things to make the stand even more colourful e.g Allow support to continue what they were doing. It appears to be a case more of identity rather than safety.

Could the new stewards that seem to have pissed everyone off recently and the banning of the surfer have anything to do with the new head of security at the gate?

Surely thats the only reason?

They are not new stewards, they are just following instructions that come from the top.

New person in charge obviously means new rules.

This is an absolute p!ss take. Once again well done Bcfc crushing the fans efforts! Can the mods change the title of this thread as the reason I haven't bothered to read it until now is as it doesn't appear to be about Bcfc - maybe dl is thinking the same?

Instead of polls about the manager, why not one regarding this flag?

Not really that bad is it. It just mirrors modern life. Soft, self centred and too expensive.

The fan culture of wembley reflects no part of modern life I take part in. When Bristol City eventually becomes that cringeworthy would you attend? I couldn't.

Bristol City have long had an opportunity to be different.

Regarding this fans flag the club have made themselves look assinine.

are you sure its the club and not the football league/fa putting pressure on them to comply with the HSE or threaten to revoke the grounds safety license?

Working in the contruction industry I know how bad the HSE and how stupid some of these risk assisments are,

We've got them for putting on gloves, waring sun tan lotion, changing a light blub, changing a plug, using a microwave, so on and so forth,

Just a thought at this late hour, having spent an evening playing pool so shite that it would have been booed at the Minimal Swamp, but why not turn up in the EE en masse wearing hi-vis jackets? Would that make the point?

There is mileage in this idea, and not only would it make a point, it would also be fun, and raise funds for something, be it a new flag, The trust etc etc.

I know for fact I can get builders,painters,chippies etc to fund the purchase of high vis vests (To wear over your winter clothing so no frezzzzzes) in return we simply hand out the vis vest and a flyer with the company names on it of the people that have provided the vests.

Explain to people like the BBC,Sky,EVIL Post what is going on, and they will cover it.

If done correct this will as I have said above not only prove a point but make a few quid also.

Im happy to run with this if no one else does.

And if someone else does it, I will supply 50 new vis vests towards the project.

Cheers

Mark

So, anyone else thought the club would have cleared up this issue with a reply from daveL?

I know for a fact DaveL is aware of this thread, as I pointed him to it on Friday, and he acknowledged my request for clarity.

As far as I'm aware it was his weekend off, so perhaps he's catching up and will be along soon to comment.

Exactly... This thread was mentioned to DaveL (By Jordan Tansley) when he responded to another thread, but still no response? Strange...

I expect he has been silenced by the new head of security.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftmpYqh7q0Y&feature=related Wouldn't mind some of this in the east end.

Nice littles surfers...

I think we have lost something in this country.

I'm down in Brighton at the moment. I have a meeting at AG tomorrow to check on a couple of things and will clarify the situation then.

Thank you Dave, this really does seem a step too far if what has been claimed is true, and I'm usually accused of being a rose tinter who thinks the club can do no wrong.

Will be interesting to hear what the club line is here.

Just a thought at this late hour, having spent an evening playing pool so shite that it would have been booed at the Minimal Swamp, but why not turn up in the EE en masse wearing hi-vis jackets? Would that make the point?

Could be a bit of fun, i say go for it

Tool station have cheap hard hats from £2.98 upwards

Hard hats

http://www.toolstati...Hats/d70/sd3218

High viz jackets/bibs from £3 - £6 upwards

http://www.toolstati...lity/d70/sd3188

And fair play Blackpool all that orange blends in???

Archived