IGNORED

Galatasaray / Eastend Surfer Flag

UREDS_91

Confusing my flags but it gets better and better. So let me get this straight.

The George was made out of the material used for hot air balloons, but was banned as it was likely to spontaneously combust, presumably,as that is the only way a supposedly non fire resistant item could be set ablaze in a non smoking environment, discounting of course the possibility of a random pyromaniac strolling around the East End..

So you've humoured the cretins and spent a shed load on the Murray, which meets the 'safety' requirements, but which has now been likewise banned, effectively, unless a new set of risk assessment measures are complied with, such as wearing hi-viz jackets.

Please tell me I've got that horribly wrong.

That's correct.

Confusing my flags but it gets better and better. So let me get this straight.

The George was made out of the material used for hot air balloons, but was banned as it was likely to spontaneously combust, presumably,as that is the only way a supposedly non fire resistant item could be set ablaze in a non smoking environment, discounting of course the possibility of a random pyromaniac strolling around the East End..

So you've humoured the cretins and spent a shed load on the Murray, which meets the 'safety' requirements, but which has now been likewise banned, effectively, unless a new set of risk assessment measures are complied with, such as wearing hi-viz jackets.

Please tell me I've got that horribly wrong.

I wouldn't say banned but a reluctance of fans to look like stewards when they are not but yeah your not far off the mark.

Due to the new commercial logo netting big george and other flags no longer fit the area they once graced, so piss loads of money fans spent on this venture was then made hard work (reduced space) seeing the club wanted part of the space to make money from the segregated area, ok i get they need to make money but at fans expense and fair warning could have been given to save time and money spent on flags and reason a fair few fans took flags away and gave up, reduced space and money spent of flags that just could not fit the area given unless you went out and got new reduced in size flags, head of gow, big george and spirit of 76 flag amongst others just no longer fitted and to big to hang at the back wall of the stand.

http://www.otib.co.u...hl__segregation

No doubt the club will be begging for supporters to "pack the gate" when the inevitable relegation battle kicks in.

Just please do not sing, stand, chant, god forbid say something offensive to the team/ref/away support/Kilkenny, wave flags, wave a scarf, get drunk ect.

In fact please sit down shut up and please exit through the gift shop. Thank you, come again.

Pretty ineffectual as an attraction that, versus the colourful and noisy enviroment parts of Ashton Gate could be if City used fans iniative instead.

The calls to fans are ironic.

Well I'm really sorry but I will not be donating again until the club releases a statement and sorts this mess out. It's an insult not just to the time and money spent, but the intelligence of City fans is totally ignored for the sake of hig-viz jackets - and presumably we'll all have to wear hard hats and protective goggles as well...

This club is infuriating both on and off the pitch. If the above is true then I am sorry, but this is a step too far. I thought the fans were meant to be a part of this club.... rubbish.

Can anyone tell me when stewards were first employed in this country and what for? I always thought they were first employed to help in emergency. Most of them then seemed to be fans of the club. Today, stewards seem to have become a private thug, police force who go around provoking arguments with fans at any opportunity. I thought travelling away was bad enough with their own stewards, but our own stewards at ashton gate are becoming just as bad. This really winds me up, makes me wonder why I bother going.

Perhaps we ought to have a mass protest, maybe we could all walk out. I thought about a mass sit down but that is what they actually want.

rant over.

When people moan about the atmoshpere at AG they should have a look out at want has been going on in the EE. the club have shifted out fans flags for adverts now this latest rubbish. the stand was like few others about now because of bcfc it has got duller.

Do fans of galatasaray have to get certifictes for flags and wear special jackets? doubt if fans of juventus have stewards checking on aggressive chants and making sure adverts dont get covered up either.

I hope DL reads this thread, or someone points him this way. He's usually good for presenting the clubs view to things like this on this on this forum.

I'm usually very pro club, but in this instance if what stated above is true then even I'm pretty annoyed.

Fed up of power tripping losers spoiling what little fun is left in football.

Can anyone tell me when stewards were first employed in this country and what for? I always thought they were first employed to help in emergency. Most of them then seemed to be fans of the club. Today, stewards seem to have become a private thug, police force who go around provoking arguments with fans at any opportunity. I thought travelling away was bad enough with their own stewards, but our own stewards at ashton gate are becoming just as bad. This really winds me up, makes me wonder why I bother going.

Perhaps we ought to have a mass protest, maybe we could all walk out. I thought about a mass sit down but that is what they actually want.

rant over.

The worst thing is most of them have got absolutely no sense of humour.

I hope DL reads this thread, or someone points him this way. He's usually good for presenting the clubs view to things like this on this on this forum.

I'm usually very pro club, but in this instance if what stated above is true then even I'm pretty annoyed.

The problem is, half the time the club appear to do things without thinking and then the damage to the fans is already done.

The east end is dying, when it should be the best stand in the league.

The problem is, half the time the club appear to do things without thinking and then the damage to the fans is already done.

The east end is dying, when it should be the best stand in the league.

People talk about "the manager losing the team". I'm afraid that it looks as if the club is losing the fans :(

i cant see what the problem is, surely if its safe enough to create a very intimidating environment in turkey or italy then surely it should be ok for the UK.

DL im sure will give us the rundown on just what exactly is going on but if the stewards and the third reich intend on quashing any element of singing or chanting then whats the point.

The atmosphere at juventus and galatasary was incredible, you could see and feel that even through the telly, imagine being there wow !! thats football at its best IMO

The supporters are willing to get involved, create and carry out ideas all intended to help the matchday experience, so why does it always seem that the club are forever peeing on the fuses of enthusiasm

Here's the thing. Not enough fans stand up enmasse to help create said atmosphere- only a certain number. Too many are happy to sit down, happy to do bugger all to create an atmosphere I firmly believe though the football culture of the country and certain steps taken by the club do not help. Flares etc would have to come later but if pretty much the whole stand stood up, started chanting, singing etc what could they do- kick everyone out?? Think not! I doubt Galatasaray fans would pay a huge deal of attention if these fools in hi vis jackets (country is full of them) were transported over to their ground Tuesday and asked them to sit down- yeah like they'd all comply enmasse!

Here's the thing. Not enough fans stand up enmasse to help create said atmosphere- only a certain number. Too many are happy to sit down, happy to do bugger all to create an atmosphere I firmly believe though the football culture of the country and certain steps taken by the club do not help. Flares etc would have to come later but if pretty much the whole stand stood up, started chanting, singing etc what could they do- kick everyone out?? Think not! I doubt Galatasaray fans would pay a huge deal of attention if these fools in hi vis jackets (country is full of them) were transported over to their ground Tuesday and asked them to sit down- yeah like they'd all comply enmasse!

Just a thought at this late hour, having spent an evening playing pool so shite that it would have been booed at the Minimal Swamp, but why not turn up in the EE en masse wearing hi-vis jackets? Would that make the point?

Apart from making fans look berks in front of the away support asking fans to wear hi-viz tops top lift up a flag appears to achieve nothing. Apart from people taking part What will it prevent?

Short sighted decisions have quashed what was a colourful stand cretaed by support. That colour was something the club could have promoted to create income.

The club appear to favour the bland and mediocre.

Just a thought at this late hour, having spent an evening playing pool so shite that it would have been booed at the Minimal Swamp, but why not turn up in the EE en masse wearing hi-vis jackets? Would that make the point?

I like this idea! we could call it Hi-Vistol City or #IlumminatetheGate #DelBoysHealth&SafetyArmy. We're Bristol City, We Are Visable!

I like this idea! we could call it Hi-Vistol City or #IlumminatetheGate #DelBoysHealth&SafetyArmy. We're Bristol City, We Are Visable!

We're Bristol city, you can see us in the dark,

See us in the dark. Seeeeeeee us in the dark, we're Bristol city, you can see us in the dark.

Would help if the Club didn't treat everyone in the Eastend like thugs. They have only stopped searching everyone / checking your season ticket. No other stand had to do this.

The problem is, the damage is already done.

Sounds like a topic for the wanky fans parliment.

Might be worth a try

Send in your Eastend / Wedlock stand woe's fans_parliament_wedlock_stand@hotmail.co.uk

As for high viz jackets i remember one fan being told to take one off (as he had just turned up to football straight from work) due

to a clash from what the stewards were wearing and him being mistaken for one

Don't you think it's like flogging a dead horse...

Atmosphere as we knew it, will get less and less at Football in this Country.

It's a very fine line between passion and aggression, and as we know from the past, aggression sometimes wins.

Imho, Clubs and authorities don't want passions to be raised too much. As it often leads to aggression.

Football in England is now the safest place to watch a game in Europe now.

They want to keep it that way.

You can argue all you like... it's never going to be the same again in this country.

It's not a bad idea actually , it could catch on like the butchers coats in the 70's , and I'm sure pretty much everyone could get the hands on a hi-vis at little or no expense.

It's not a bad idea actually , it could catch on like the butchers coats in the 70's , and I'm sure pretty much everyone could get the hands on a hi-vis at little or no expense.

Then they should play Darude - Sandstorm at half time and provide free glow sticks for night games! Rave On!

The Hi-Viz Revolution begins here!

Archived