IGNORED

Mark Clattenburg Cleared.

Portland Bill

And referees ridiculous decisions ruin/lose managers their jobs/careers as well.

If referees cannot make massive decisions of that nature accurately then the sooner we bring in technology the better.

Anyway, I'm off to play a Chelski v Manure game on FM13, I will make sure that Evra/Ferdichip/Young-Daley/Nani & Biffo get their just deserts. :icecream:

BCAGFC

If a referee made a decision that was malicious and of such magnitude that resulted in a manager being sacked, then rightly he should go as well.

I think all who criticise referees, particularly players and managers, should attempt to referee one mildly competitive match. I did once and vowed never to do it again. One of the toughest jobs in the world - particularly when you're surrounded by cheating, diving, mouthing off players. The ratio of correct/incorrect decisions of our top refs as compared to top players/managers puts the latter to shame

Torres went down holding his knee, but later we were all told he got a "clip" on the ankle!

He cheated imo, and Clattenburg gave an honest decision on what he saw.

Referees can't win,all they can do is give what they see.

One things for sure,the referee is the ONLY honest person on a Premier league pitch.

Exactly and also even the experts on the day needed somewhere near 20 views to come to a decision themselves.

PL referees are supposed to be the best in the world....they are far from it IMO.

Some of them clearly think the game is all about them rather than about a game of football and I include Clattenbureg in this category.

You only have to see the way PL referees act when they officiate at AG, to see that they are as 'big time charlie' as most of the PL players.

Colina is widely regarded as the best referee ever and commanded respect because he very rarely got a big decision wrong, our officials do it regularly.

BCAGFC

FFS as I have said several times, the pundits on the day on sky needed 20 views from every camera angle available in slow mo and then had blow the picture up to come up with their assessment, Clattenberg saw it once at normal speed. You are talking out of your arse.

If Chelsea don't apologise for this, I think there Should be a 1 month strike by referees on Chelsea games, and every other time they stitch up a ref, the 1 month strike happens again.

They were the reason anders frisk retired, and they have wrecked clattenburgs career, with no repercussions.

FFS as I have said several times, the pundits on the day on sky needed 20 views from every camera angle available in slow mo and then had blow the picture up to come up with their assessment, Clattenberg saw it once at normal speed. You are talking out of your arse.

Sorry I don't get this ref love in, they aren't like a Sunday league ref doing it for the love of it they are professional match referees, well paid with all the up to the minute training that can be supplied, they also have 2 assistants on linesman duty plus a 4th official on the touchline, and lets be realistic whacking great tv screens repeating the action moments later,they are paid to get it right. Clattenburg had a catostrophic performance in that match, the Torres incident overshadowing his ineptitude from start to finish. Do we ever get an apology from refs when they cost clubs points? Just remember di Matteo has been sacked because of Chelsea's poor run, would their form have been better if they had beaten Man U that day? We won't ever know but clattenburg will still be ballooning about on a premier pitch somewhere. Imagine if he put in that sort of pantomime in a play off game at the gate? This forum would meltdown

I wonder if I will get and apology from cj who repeatedly attacked me on the subject...... I doubt it

Chelsea should get a 5 point deduction Mikel should be banned for 3 games and fine 300k to be split between kick it out show racism the red card and the referees association

I wonder if I will get and apology from cj who repeatedly attacked me on the subject...... I doubt it

Chelsea should get a 5 point deduction Mikel should be banned for 3 games and fine 300k to be split between kick it out show racism the red card and the referees association

You silly person. I didn't repeatedly attack you, I disagreed with you assuming that you knew whether the case against Clattenburg was just or not. Now we know that it wasn't, but you didn't know when you were you were spouting off about the charge being rubbish.

Your problem is that often you don't voice an opinion, you make statements as though they are facts (as well as seemingly claiming all sorts of inside knowledge which frankly sounds fanciful). You are perfectly entitled to your opinions, as I am to disagree with them, but don't claim to KNOW things that you don't.

What the fa seem to be saying is ref may of said something but they've not enough evidence to prove either way as was decided by an independant qc.

This to me seems to say Ramires was right to report it, what he may of heard was correct but with no other evidence it can't be proved so all parties are innocent end of story.

To be honest do we think the 3 other officials would of gone against clattenburg?

Because no one heard the ref say it does that make it wrong for it to be reported, if you thought you or your mate was being racially abused would you report it?

It's all abit convenient of the fa to say all innocent end of matter lets forget this happened, someone is lying and in a case like this its one persons word against anothers.

If say Jason Roberts reported clattenburg would people on here be saying its all a stitch up, because its Chelsea most are presuming its a vendetta, no ones been proven innocent or guilty in this case so no ones to blame. Should be left like it is now and forgotten.

Mikel if he did threaten ref after game should have book thrown at him, but do we know if he was cross for he thought ref had abused him, till we know the facts of what caused his anger he is innocent till the hearing has taken place.

The staggering thing is that the, no doubt very (very) expensive, legal counsel that Chelsea took concluded there was sufficient evidence for a formal complaint to be made. What burden of proof did they use to determine this I wonder? Probably neither a civil or criminal law level I would suggest, but more likely a 'commercial' one - ie if we make this complaint and it gets thrown out will it be damaging for the Chelsea brand?

Chelsea are a joke club - on and off the pitch. RA has made a mockery of english football, and continues to do so.

What everyone is forgetting is that as soon as the allegations came out, Clattenburg said that he wanted there to be a full investigation so his name would be properly cleared. The fact the investigation took place was a good thing so even if Chelsea had done the right thing and thought about this before making the complaint to the FA, the eat thing for all parties was that this process was followed. I also think that if we're going to accept the inquiries finding that Clattenburg was innocent, we also have to accept it's assertion that Ramires genuinely thought he'd heard the comment and just put this all to bed. I look forward to Chelsea's moron fans booing Clattenburg for not racially abusing one of their players

As for Torres, he was caught by Evans and it was a foul. I seem to recall that Evans was also on a yellow card and should have walked. HOWEVER, Torres made an absolute meal of some very minor contact and really should have just been told to man the **** up. In the same way as if it had been Suarez or Young involved, I have no sympathy for Torres whatsoever

Sorry I don't get this ref love in, they aren't like a Sunday league ref doing it for the love of it they are professional match referees, well paid with all the up to the minute training that can be supplied, they also have 2 assistants on linesman duty plus a 4th official on the touchline, and lets be realistic whacking great tv screens repeating the action moments later,they are paid to get it right. Clattenburg had a catostrophic performance in that match, the Torres incident overshadowing his ineptitude from start to finish. Do we ever get an apology from refs when they cost clubs points? Just remember di Matteo has been sacked because of Chelsea's poor run, would their form have been better if they had beaten Man U that day? We won't ever know but clattenburg will still be ballooning about on a premier pitch somewhere. Imagine if he put in that sort of pantomime in a play off game at the gate? This forum would meltdown

Referees will make mistakes....why should they apologise? they are human? and who is to say they dont apologise...to their bosses?

At the end of the day, football is a fast game....things will get missed. Yeah they should get blatently obvious things right....but they are not robots, bad decisions get made. They only have two eyes and you only have a spilt second to react. You will never get everything right...in any walk of life. Now, I agree its frustrating...ive been sent off twice myself in the past for questioning referees decisions in a "not so nice" manner.....but both times, after I calmed down....I realised mistakes happen.

Yes they are well paid...but by your logic then, should we not sack all football players who make mistakes?? **** me, Fontaine would have been in the dole queue about 3 months ago if thats the case!!

Clattenberg had a nightmare in that game agreed.....but he is a top ref, and for every disaster game he has ....nobody mentions the 25 good games he has.

As for Di Matteo....Roman Joke-avich never wanted to give him the job in the first place, but what choice did he have? whether it was this week or two weeks time...Di Matteo was on borrowed time from the very beginning.

What everyone is forgetting is that as soon as the allegations came out, Clattenburg said that he wanted there to be a full investigation so his name would be properly cleared.

What choice did he have? Now the FA, or ref's association or whoever, are to record everything that a referee says in a game - ffs, none of this helping anyone's cause IMO.

Referees make mistakes and will continue to do so until they are replaced by robots, they get the vast, vast majority of decisions correct, 93% iirc last season in the PL, if you can find me a PL player who has a pass completion rate of 93% or a chances to goals conversion rate of 93% or a keeper with a 93% shots saved rate then i will be very surprised, so comparatively they do thier job far better than the majority of the players in all football leagues do, so there is little to complain about.

The problem is there is a complete lack of respect for officials in the game, from players to managers to the FA. The FA treat them like little children and that doesn't help, Paul Lambert gets charged for having a pop at an official for a terrible decision, the linesman in question will have seen it again and will know he made an almighty balls up, he should not be beyond criticism and most officials accept that, and a large number will either themselfs call up managers or through the head of referees get an apology to a manager after they have made a poor decision. Torres is not beyond criticism when he misses his umpteenth open goal for chelsea so a referee or assistant shouldn't be beyond criticism when he makes a ball up, however the way the FA throw their weight about when a manager simply criticises an offical doesn't help at all and gives an air of unnacountability to officials, we all know that refs get demoted when they have a real shocker but the FA always just say no "this PL ref was due to take accrington v rovers" rather than accepting he made a mistake and say, "he made an error so we are taking him out of the spotlight for a bit to allow him to get back on form" players are often demoted to the reserves for making mistakes and it's not a punishment it's playing them at a lower level to allow them to recover form, why should it eb any different for referees and assistants?

The media are a huge problem in this, they constantly drivel on about decisions that were made wrongly and whip everyone up into a hysteria. I watch a lot of American football and the media treatment of officials is a world apart, i've seen some truly dog shit calls given by the officials in games where in football it would be replayed constantly, chatted about for weeks and theyd never shut up about it, in American football the commentary would go something like this, "that was a horrible call from the officials, oh well, you've just got to get on with it and acept the decision" and thats it, they will have a couple of replays while they are looking at the call and thats the end of it, if you are lucky it might get a passing mention in the half time or full time analysis but that is it, no moaning and crying from ex-pros, the coach might say well we got a horrible call but you've just got to deal with it, but he won't go crying about it for ages to all and sundry like football managers do. Their punishments for breaking rules are also far more severe, Shaun Peyton (new orleans saints head coach) is banned for the season, unlike in football where he just gets to mince around, he gets no pay, is not allowed on any NFL or new orleans saints property, he's allowed no contact with players or any staff at the club, smae goes for players, if you get banned for two games, you are properly banned, you get no pay, you aren't allowed to train or do anything on team property you arent allowed to go to the game.

I have no beef with Ramieres, as the QC said he made his complaint in good faith on what he believed he genuinely heard, my beef is with chelsea, they are supposed to report the incident to the referees assessor as they did, i'm fairly certain they are not obliged to report the incedent to the media as they did straight after the game, equally after their internal investigation had found absolutely sod all, they are not obliged to continue with a formal complaint against Clattenburg when they must have known it was complete bollocks and Ramires was clearly mistaken, as Mikel who was closest heard nothing, other players who speak fluent english were as close if not closer than Ramieres heard nothing rascist, the referees union had already said that the linesman and 4th official that heard what was said would stand up in court and defend clattenburg it was clear that they also heard nothing rascist said.

Handled right, Chelsea could have come out of this quite well, reporting it to the assessor and saying nothing to the press (it would have got out anyway, but there was no need to put it out themselfs) carry out your internal investigation and then release the findings and drop the complaint, Chelsea look like they have done everything right, and when they have found no evidence have dropped their complaint, instead it looks as if Chelsea have pulled out the rascial complaint 100% out of sour grapes towards clattenburg and that one of their players was done for using rascist language as an attempt to embarras the FA. So i would punish Ramieres in no way at all, Mikel i would do for threatening the ref but with extenuating circumstances, then i would not only hammer Chelsea for bringing the game into disrepute but also a charge of failing to controll their players.

Truly horrible football club.Probably sacked Di Matteo as he had a bit of integrity.I am actually starting to dislike Chelsea more than Man Utd.Terrible example of all that is wrong in football.Just goes to show for all his money the club has no class whatsoever.

+1, hope they get back what they tried to throw

Horrid club, nothing new there, always was - I read Graeme Le Saux's biog (very good, BTW) and he nailed the culture then as being full of bullies and general horribleness, nothing's changed. Terry sums them up.

They should borrow a song from Millwall - "No-one likes us, we don't care".

To think, I nearly supported them (I was only 4)

I'm not saying anton didn't hear it, Antons saying he didn't hear it. For the record I've no doubt terry said it but also no doubt anton was taking no notice and didn't know until somebody told him.

I'm glad you can't be bothered as this fashionable Chelsea bashing trend is getting tedious, did everyone hate them when they were shit?

I think so, yes.

Yep you are obviously correct, the referee who didn't have the benefit of 16 cameras, slow mo and enlarging images and even armed with these tools 3 ex pros and the presenter still needed 20 views to reach a decision, so I believe the answer is allege that he has made a racist remark to a black player who although stood next to the referee dosen't hear the comment but non English speaking player stood further away (who incidentally could quite easily have been sent off twice during that game) did hear what he thought was a racist remark and then later with a mob mentality and led by that paragon of virtue John Terry (who wasn't even playing) they try to force their way into the refs changing room and threaten to break his legs, that's a solution that'll work, we need more of that sort of thing in football.

Chelsea are a grubby little club, with a grubby captain and his mate a hard of hearing, colour blind alibi and a mega rich Russian who is seen as a fit and proper owner of a football club, because the fit and proper regulations are so pathetically weak.

This article sums it all up very well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2237127/Chelsea-Mark-Clattenburg-fiasco-Ron-Gourlay-resign--Jonathan-McEvoy.html

No they didn't need 20 camara angles to make a decision, they said Clattenburg was wrong BEFORE the analysis started.

I watched the game and even I could see there was contact, perhaps I should become a PL referee as I would have also taken into account why Torres would go down if he wasn't clipped.....something that most referees don't take into consideration when making calls.

Clattenburg had a horrendous game that day and even ex PL referees say he got the decisions wildy wrong, Clattenburg says he would make the same decision again, that doesn't bode well for PL football.

No doubt Clattenburg made the decision honestly but if he can get something like that so wrong, then his 'rest' should make him think next time & perhaps he will improve in the future.

And perhaps the rules should change, that if a foul is committed (which it was), the charge of simulation cannot be applied.

BCAGFC

Clattenberg had a nightmare in that game agreed.....but he is a top ref, and for every disaster game he has ....nobody mentions the 25 good games he has.

Is he really 'a top ref'? I realise that it's no easy job to officiate in the PL, but every time I see his name, it's in connection with some c0ck-up and alleged pro-Man u bias.

Yep you are obviously correct, the referee who didn't have the benefit of 16 cameras, slow mo and enlarging images and even armed with these tools 3 ex pros and the presenter still needed 20 views to reach a decision, so I believe the answer is allege that he has made a racist remark to a black player who although stood next to the referee dosen't hear the comment but non English speaking player stood further away (who incidentally could quite easily have been sent off twice during that game) did hear what he thought was a racist remark and then later with a mob mentality and led by that paragon of virtue John Terry (who wasn't even playing) they try to force their way into the refs changing room and threaten to break his legs, that's a solution that'll work, we need more of that sort of thing in football.

Chelsea are a grubby little club, with a grubby captain and his mate a hard of hearing, colour blind alibi and a mega rich Russian who is seen as a fit and proper owner of a football club, because the fit and proper regulations are so pathetically weak.

http://www.dailymail...han-McEvoy.html

ANOTHER journo with a Chelski chip.........

Some of these people should look closer to home before spouting crap like that.

BCAGFC

No they didn't need 20 camara angles to make a decision, they said Clattenburg was wrong BEFORE the analysis started.

I watched the game and even I could see there was contact, perhaps I should become a PL referee as I would have also taken into account why Torres would go down if he wasn't clipped.....something that most referees don't take into consideration when making calls.

Clattenburg had a horrendous game that day and even ex PL referees say he got the decisions wildy wrong, Clattenburg says he would make the same decision again, that doesn't bode well for PL football.

No doubt Clattenburg made the decision honestly but if he can get something like that so wrong, then his 'rest' should make him think next time & perhaps he will improve in the future.

And perhaps the rules should change, that if a foul is committed (which it was), the charge of simulation cannot be applied.

BCAGFC

no they didn't your judgement is clouded, that video was posted at full speed ad you couldn't see Evans clip torres, that was at the ref's angle at full speed it looked like a dive,

its only at slow motion at a different angle can you see evans brush torres's ankle then you see the player play acting holding his knee (that is a bookable offense)

Clattenberg got it wrong but he does not deserve what has happened to him since, he is the countrys top ref with out question,

You can moan as much as you like but its a fact that top flight got over 95% of calls correct last season and I suspect it will be the same this season

BCAGFC

You have just failed your application as a premier league referee, Torres has history for going down untouched, so Clattenberg did apply that to his decision making.

Clattenberg did have a mare that day of that there can be no doubt, Torres should have been sent off in the first half for the cowardly foot in the chest of Cleverley, Ramires could have been sent off well before the Mikel incident and again afterwards. Torres we now know with the benefit of blowing up of various camera angles was unlucky, but as usual with footballing ladyboys tried to over egg the pudding and ensure that not only did he win a free kick that also Evans was sent off into the bargain, the winning goal was offside (that was the fault of the assistants).

Chelsea have become a grubby little club and living proof that had Gaddaffi taken them over the new fans would be happy as long they were winning trophies and whose majority of fans probably think that Chelsea's history began the day that Bates sold the club to Abramovich. Abramovich has encouraged the split from it's traditional fan base in favour of the middle classes by pricing out much of that traditional support. I bet most of the new Made in Chelsea fans wouldn't know who Roy Bentley was or Tommy Docherty, or Jimmy Greaves, or Bobby Tambling, or Terry Veanables or Peter Bonetti, or Peter Osgood, or Charlie Cooke, or Chiris Garland, or Chopper Harris, or David Webb, or Alan Hudson, they would probably imagine them to be members of a boy band I suspect.

What the fa seem to be saying is ref may of said something but they've not enough evidence to prove either way as was decided by an independant qc.

This to me seems to say Ramires was right to report it, what he may of heard was correct but with no other evidence it can't be proved so all parties are innocent end of story.

To be honest do we think the 3 other officials would of gone against clattenburg?

Because no one heard the ref say it does that make it wrong for it to be reported, if you thought you or your mate was being racially abused would you report it?

It's all abit convenient of the fa to say all innocent end of matter lets forget this happened, someone is lying and in a case like this its one persons word against anothers.

If say Jason Roberts reported clattenburg would people on here be saying its all a stitch up, because its Chelsea most are presuming its a vendetta, no ones been proven innocent or guilty in this case so no ones to blame. Should be left like it is now and forgotten.

Mikel if he did threaten ref after game should have book thrown at him, but do we know if he was cross for he thought ref had abused him, till we know the facts of what caused his anger he is innocent till the hearing has taken place.

What you have to remember is that the Ref was talking to Mikel at the time that Ramires "claimed"he heard him call him a monkey.

Mikel didn't hear anything untoward and he was right by the ref!

Ramires can't understand English, let alone the referee's Geordie accent.

What choice did he have? Now the FA, or ref's association or whoever, are to record everything that a referee says in a game - ffs, none of this helping anyone's cause IMO.

The shame is that we still won't be able to hear the referee, all because of the players language.

We can hear referees in Rugby, but Football matches would have to kick off after the 9pm watershed if we were able to hear what was being said.

I think it would be great if we were able to hear the players,there would be such an outcry because of how they swear and talk down to the referee.

Then the people of this country would understand what referees have to put up with.

Give it a month and the players would act like saints, this after all there sponsorship deals were cancelled by the outraged company's and the fuming viewing public.

BCAGFC

I watched that game and he didn't have a horrendous game at all. I thought Torres had dived in normal speed and though the contact was fairly obvious from the first replay, the way Torres went down merely added to the impression he dived. The Ivanovic sending off was nailed on and while the linesman should have spotted Hernandez being offside, Clattenburg can't really overrule a linesman when it was that marginal

I do think referees are too protected and molly-coddled by the FA but if anything this farce has been an argument for maintaining that protection

You have just failed your application as a premier league referee, Torres has history for going down untouched, so Clattenberg did apply that to his decision making.

Clattenberg did have a mare that day of that there can be no doubt, Torres should have been sent off in the first half for the cowardly foot in the chest of Cleverley, Ramires could have been sent off well before the Mikel incident and again afterwards. Torres we now know with the benefit of blowing up of various camera angles was unlucky, but as usual with footballing ladyboys tried to over egg the pudding and ensure that not only did he win a free kick that also Evans was sent off into the bargain, the winning goal was offside (that was the fault of the assistants).

Chelsea have become a grubby little club and living proof that had Gaddaffi taken them over the new fans would be happy as long they were winning trophies and whose majority of fans probably think that Chelsea's history began the day that Bates sold the club to Abramovich. Abramovich has encouraged the split from it's traditional fan base in favour of the middle classes by pricing out much of that traditional support. I bet most of the new Made in Chelsea fans wouldn't know who Roy Bentley was or Tommy Docherty, or Jimmy Greaves, or Bobby Tambling, or Terry Veanables or Peter Bonetti, or Peter Osgood, or Charlie Cooke, or Chiris Garland, or Chopper Harris, or David Webb, or Alan Hudson, they would probably imagine them to be members of a boy band I suspect.

Dead right, very acute analysis. There's a lot of truth in that Paddy Power diamond-mine advert...

That's a lovely image of Chopper Harris in a boy band, though :rofl2br:

Is he really 'a top ref'? I realise that it's no easy job to officiate in the PL, but every time I see his name, it's in connection with some c0ck-up and alleged pro-Man u bias.

That because people only see their names when they do something wrong.

"referee had a great game" is not a very good story or talking point for journalists or commentators

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2237127/Chelsea-Mark-Clattenburg-fiasco-Ron-Gourlay-resign--Jonathan-McEvoy.html

Your talking shite,the commentator said straight away Evans in trouble now so he thought it a foul, irrespective of camera angles the pundits were sure it was a foul from the off, the vastly experienced Gary Neville was almost incandescent with rage about it, Dermot Gallagher when speaking on sky said he thought it was a foul and would have sent Evans off, but what do they know eh? Not as much as an armchair pundit with an axe to grind like you.

Where in the official reports is John terry named as leading a mob to refs room? Nowhere that's because it was made up by a media hack with a similar axe to grind, but you keep on taking the daily mail as gospel to suit your bitter little agenda against a successful club

Your talking shite,the commentator said straight away Evans in trouble now so he thought it a foul, irrespective of camera angles the pundits were sure it was a foul from the off, the vastly experienced Gary Neville was almost incandescent with rage about it, Dermot Gallagher when speaking on sky said he thought it was a foul and would have sent Evans off, but what do they know eh? Not as much as an armchair pundit with an axe to grind like you.

Where in the official reports is John terry named as leading a mob to refs room? Nowhere that's because it was made up by a media hack with a similar axe to grind, but you keep on taking the daily mail as gospel to suit your bitter little agenda against a successful club

You seem to be very passionate about Chelsea, why are you on this forum?, I have never got the love of more than one team dosen't make sense to me, or of course a bit of reflected glory hunting.

PS:- You are the only one talking shite mate, this now the 3rd occasion that Chelsea have made scurrilous and totally unfounded allegations against referees, along with with their captain and his 'alibi' they are and will always be a discredited grubby little football club because of this, they haven't got the guts to apologise to the man for attempting to ruin a mans life.

I have no agenda whatsoever unlike you and many others on here I support one team and one team only, my only gripe is that football at the highest level has become a pathetic pastiche of what the game was and should be, awash with far too much money and players who have little or nothing to lose because they are already multi millionaires at a young age.

Perhaps as such an avid Chelsea fan you would be better asking yourself how 2 seasons on the trot now the players have almost certainly deliberately gotten 2 managers the sack and now they have got themselves a manager who will glady bend over for Roman and just as last season just watch the performances and results improve.

Archived