IGNORED

Best Away Ground Visited As A City Fan?

Scrumpy_247

Bit of an odd one this but the new Cardiff City stadium.

When I can afford it we go to away games as a family of four (which is expensive). They do a deal for a family of four for £50. An extra fiver to park on-site (about 50 yards from the turnstiles). You can get a pint inside so don't have to go wondering around for away fan friendly pubs.

The stadium is much the same as many modern ones but (for me) it is a good away day!

I think they will bottle it this season and we will stay up so another trip next season!!

edgeley park, stockport, just for the sheer delight of watching dodgy kneed leroy rosenior playing centre back against Kevin Francis and beating his 6ft 7 ass in the 2hq each time. FA cup 4th round after the Liverpool game, big Wayne hat trick, think Mark Shail got the other one. Absolutely cracking game from leroy, best away game I've been to - wasnt allowed to leave school early for the anfield game :(

edgeley park, stockport, just for the sheer delight of watching dodgy kneed leroy rosenior playing centre back against Kevin Francis and beating his 6ft 7 ass in the 2hq each time. FA cup 4th round after the Liverpool game, big Wayne hat trick, think Mark Shail got the other one. Absolutely cracking game from leroy, best away game I've been to - wasnt allowed to leave school early for the anfield game :(

i was there, the perimeter fence fell down

Loftus Road. Decent atmosphere, 'old school' ground.

Yep

I can't stand QPR, and in 3 visits I've not seen City win there but for some reason I like going to Loftus Road. Always seems to be a good atmosphere, old school ground, slightly hostile surroundings, easy to get to and we always take a good following.

Rushden & Diamonds 2003-04 season for off pitch reasons.

Driving up to the ground, uniformed stewards flagged me down to askif I was staying for the game or simply dropping off a passenger. Having told them Iwas here for the game, Iwas directed into the adjoining carpark. This was tarmac, not gravel and neatlylined out. Those stewards remained there throughout the game to ensure cars were neither stolen nor vandalised.

Walking up to the ground, the programme sellers & turnstile operators all said "Please" & "Thank you".

Inside the ground, the queue for food & drink was fast moving, the staff appeared interested in serving you, the prices were reasonable and hot food was "piping hot".

Moving on, the stewards, looking at your ticket, didn't simply say"Up there mate", but directed you to your seat.

At the end of the game you could chat & joke with those stewards about the way the game had gone.

Outside, the carpark stewards were now directing traffic so that everyone got away ASAP.

There were two disappointments that day though.

We visiting fans were sat behind one goal, the home fans behind the other had terracing they could stand on.

The score was 1-1 and a Lee Miller shot hit the Rushden goal post in the dying minute. Had that gone in, the extra 2 points would have been enough for City to finish 2nd and been promoted instead of finishing 3rd and enduring the play offs.

I like the Walker stadium or King Pow whatever it's called now. Great acustics to get singing too, Also find it amusing the old Filbert Street is now a car park for the game.

Ricoh stadium is fantastic but too big for them looks empty until they announce the attendance which is more than we get. Saw Coldplay there earlier this year so was good to see it full.

But best away trip for atmosphere and result Anfield, think that night will stay with me for more years to come.

Ninian park by some distance! Cracking atmosphere and a covered terrace, what football is all about!

The people that are saying the "richoh" on here, are you joking or have I missed something? Would say that is my least favourite... Completely boring bowl stadium, zero character, miles away from closest home fans, named after a sponsor, just vile.

Archived