IGNORED

Best Away Ground Visited As A City Fan?

Scrumpy_247

Eastville without a doubt,yes it was a dump,and the stink was likely to make you heave(but thats enough about thier fans),but going to your local rivals can't be beaten for sheer tension and exitement,walking down Stapleton road(via eastville park and the Queens Head)after beating them was somethig else.Villa park,the noisiest ground I'v ever been to.

Eastville without a doubt,yes it was a dump,and the stink was likely to make you heave(but thats enough about thier fans),but going to your local rivals can't be beaten for sheer tension and exitement,walking down Stapleton road(via eastville park and the Queens Head)after beating them was somethig else.Villa park,the noisiest ground I'v ever been to.

Yep Great shout! loooovvved winning there! Keith Fear (2) in 75, Hirst in 83 orgasmic!!

My favorite ground used to be Northampton as one side was the cricket ground...Till they moved....Some of us remember going 92 nd there too!

Watching City, I always liked Leeds Rd Huddersfield for some reason. It was a big old ground with one massive coverd terrace down one side a la Maine Road in its hey day. Out of the modern day grounds, I do like the City ground in Nottingham. Nice size, decent atmosphere and a very nice location.

The best ground I hav actually been to is the Westfalenstadion by an absolute mile! Love the place.

Yep Great shout! loooovvved winning there! Keith Fear (2) in 75, Hirst in 83 orgasmic!!

My favorite ground used to be Northampton as one side was the cricket ground...Till they moved....Some of us remember going 92 nd there too!

If it's the 7-1 you're referring to, that's not quite right - it wasn't until the 1-0 defeat at Rochdale on the 4th of December (almost exactly 30 years to the day) that we went 92nd, and bottom, of the football league.

Ricoh? An empty seat paradise. Nene park - rushden and diamonds? That's an odd one. Rushden have been wound up and the ground has been abandoned after the electricity bill wasn't paid. York City has to be the best ground. Proper old school terrace and a nice town.

And what a downpour at York, SL and CS were aupposed to be at the turnstile to give out priority ticket vouchers. Little stand at the side was packed so stood on the open terrace and got absolutely soaked through.

• SC&T Board Members

Villa Park for me... The best Stadium in the world as far as i'm concerned. I love the Architecture.

Next would be the old Highbury... again I like the Architecture.

Also Fulham.

Yep, any Archibald Leitch ground gets my vote! So much better than any modern soulless bowl.

Just for the memory of Kevin Mabbutt's hat-trick, Old Trafford probably just tips the scales for me.

Ninian park by some distance! Cracking atmosphere and a covered terrace, what football is all about!

The people that are saying the "richoh" on here, are you joking or have I missed something? Would say that is my least favourite... Completely boring bowl stadium, zero character, miles away from closest home fans, named after a sponsor, just vile.

And no decent local boozer and if you take the wrong road on the way in you get to a canal with no crossing point at the back of the away end and have to walk all the way back round grrrr. Someone did suggest we tried jumping it which was quite funny, Flax?

I was there when we went bottom of the league. Some of us did a conga. Went back a couple of years later and we were 3-0 down at half-time and joe jordan and paul fitzpatrick were already sent off. Not a happy ground.

Old Trafford . Kevin Mabbutt's hat-trick and the most surprising of away wins.

For atmosphere, Villa Park

And what a downpour at York, SL and CS were aupposed to be at the turnstile to give out priority ticket vouchers. Little stand at the side was packed so stood on the open terrace and got absolutely soaked through.

Supposed to be?

SL and CS were giving out vouchers in the p155ing down rain. Shook hands with them as they thanked us for coming, then made the best investment I've ever made at a football match.... a 50p transfer to the covered stand where we watched all the hardy souls getting absolutely soaked!

Supposed to be?

SL and CS were giving out vouchers in the p155ing down rain. Shook hands with them as they thanked us for coming, then made the best investment I've ever made at a football match.... a 50p transfer to the covered stand where we watched all the hardy souls getting absolutely soaked!

They'd ****ed off by the time we got there, canna blame em with that downpour.

Brighton purely because of what they put up with for all those years, spectacular stadium.

Bolton reading Leicester all great grounds

if you're talking about burnden, elm park and filbert st then I'd certainly agree, but i've got a feeling you're talking about their new ones. in which case, don't you think they kinda' look the same?

brighton's goldstone was ace an all, I remember someone posting our last min win on here and seeing city going bananas at the end :D that was what away days should be like :):ill:

Funniest away trip to Cambridge Utd, carload of pissed up fans stopped to by some old bloke in his 60's how do we get to Cambridge he stuck his head in the car looked at us all and said "study hard"

But the ground you were like in pig pens with the railings everywhere, you walked in and had to find a empty pen. Can't remember the score but I think it was Bob Taylor memory is totally shot of that day who jumped up onto the railings when we scored

If it's the 7-1 you're referring to, that's not quite right - it wasn't until the 1-0 defeat at Rochdale on the 4th of December (almost exactly 30 years to the day) that we went 92nd, and bottom, of the football league.

Yes it was! Good Call! Just felt like it perhaps perhaps!

I was there when we went bottom of the league. Some of us did a conga. Went back a couple of years later and we were 3-0 down at half-time and joe jordan and paul fitzpatrick were already sent off. Not a happy ground.

Yes Exactly! Do you remember the bloke in the wheelchair at the 3-0 started singing give us a C. We all started singing give us an I and he went on to spell Cobblers!

I only ever saw us win once there (either ground) and we even suffered the ignomony of watching on loan from us David Seal grab a couple for them one year

Yeah was there as well, big arguments over the iron bars we had to look through.

Always found there was a good noise from the fans every time we went to The Valley, pretty good view as well.

Bizarrest ground was the old Chester ground at Sealand Road, basically the away end was a tump with grass growing out of every crack.

Remember going to the Valley in 1976 (promotion season 2-2). I think it had one of the biggest capacities in the League at the time due to a massive terrace along one side, stood on the half way line and

looking back at what seemed like a never ending bank of concrete and fences. A crowd of around 13,000 probably meant it was about a quarter full but strangely has a great atmosphere on a Friday night!

Archived