IGNORED

Louis Carey Appearances

shaner89

For all that Carey is a fine servant for the club, there is just something that would not seem quite right for him to take John Atyeo's appearance record.

JA was a one off and I doubt that any of us will again see such a player in a City shirt. A gentleman and absolute credit to the club, the fact that he stayed loyal to Bristol City almost certainly restricted his England career. I've never heard or read a single bad word about the man but don;t think quite the same can be said about LC.

For all that Carey is a fine servant for the club, there is just something that would not seem quite right for him to take John Atyeo's appearance record.

JA was a one off and I doubt that any of us will again see such a player in a City shirt. A gentleman and absolute credit to the club, the fact that he stayed loyal to Bristol City almost certainly restricted his England career. I've never heard or read a single bad word about the man but don;t think quite the same can be said about LC.

Loyalty to Bristol City had nothing to do with his International career. failure to turn pro did. Although someone pointed out, he was pro for about 2 of his years. Football was John's hobby, his true calling was not as a pro footballer.

Right, so perhaps you could stop saying in every post that he was a City fan then.

He wasn't.

He's always said he supported Liverpool, no mention of Bristol City.

Im getting a bit bored of this, i once again said he was a City fan, which he is. I have heard him say this on player at least once or twice already this season. I know people who know his family and they say he is and a friend of mine was friends of his then girlfriend Lara who said the same. He, like many others who drink in the DEH find the need to support a Prem team.

Not that any of this has anything to do with the original point. No wonder why i rarely come on to this forum anymore.

Archived