IGNORED

Louis Carey Appearances

shaner89

http://www.bcfc.co.u...ews-504098.aspx

This should answer your question!

"Louis Carey makes his first start for five weeks at Middlesbrough as local boy Matthew Bates misses out on a return to his former club with injury.

Carey now moves to within ten appearances of John Atyeo's club record after Bates suffered a hamstring problem in training yesterday."

Regardless of whether he makes it or not, regardless of whether you have rated him or not of late, the man is a club legend, and deserves, imo a stand named after him at AV WHEN we get it.

I totally agree with you, I hope he does make it, but like you said he is a club legend no matter what.

I definitely think he will get 10 more appearances this season though, unless we have a haul of defenders join us in January.

Regardless of whether he makes it or not, regardless of whether you have rated him or not of late, the man is a club legend, and deserves, imo a stand named after him at AV WHEN we get it.

A magnificent servant certainly, but am not sure I want him to exceed Atyeo. We should remember that Atyeo's apprearances were entirely as a starter - don't think that Louis would beat him without sub appearances.

As far as naming a stand is concerned would prefer to see our greatest manager honoured before Louis: even if it means away supporters going in the Dicks Stand.

A magnificent servant certainly, but am not sure I want him to exceed Atyeo. We should remember that Atyeo's apprearances were entirely as a starter - don't think that Louis would beat him without sub appearances.

As far as naming a stand is concerned would prefer to see our greatest manager honoured before Louis: even if it means away supporters going in the Dicks Stand.

Have to agree with that, we'll all be delighted to see the Dicks Stand - particularly the lady supporters...

These are my thoughts.

Love the bloke, legend without a doubt, and although it would kinda be nice to see him surpass atyeo since he's so close, I'm not sure he completely deserves it. would he be considered a bigger club legend than atyeo if he passed the record? I don't think so.

Also, he seems to be staggering his way towards the finish line in an undignified way. The way he got skinned out wide by miller(?) for their goal yesterday was wholly embarrassing.

These are my thoughts.

Love the bloke, legend without a doubt, and although it would kinda be nice to see him surpass atyeo since he's so close, I'm not sure he completely deserves it. would he be considered a bigger club legend than atyeo if he passed the record? I don't think so.

Also, he seems to be staggering his way towards the finish line in an undignified way. The way he got skinned out wide by miller(?) for their goal yesterday was wholly embarrassing.

"Undignified"?????

You have got to be kidding - Middlesboro have a good team, Ishmael Miller is a dangerous player - they are promotion challengers and we went into the game off a run of 6 points from 14 games. Our victory owes as much to Louis as to anyone else - he stepped up (again) when we needed him most.

This has been the case for so much of his 600+ games and is precisely why he was given a new contract - if he was embarrassed once then just remember what Albert did to Amougou

Louis Carey is not and would never be a passenger at this club

"Undignified"?????

You have got to be kidding - Middlesboro have a good team, Ishmael Miller is a dangerous player - they are promotion challengers and we went into the game off a run of 6 points from 14 games. Our victory owes as much to Louis as to anyone else - he stepped up (again) when we needed him most.

This has been the case for so much of his 600+ games and is precisely why he was given a new contract - if he was embarrassed once then just remember what Albert did to Amougou

Well said that man

He played supurbly yesterday and is one of the few players who can still tackle an art that has been lost in todays game.

I do hope that I have seen the whole career of our record appearence maker as i am to young for Ateyo but old enough to be at York when he made his debut

"Undignified"?????

Well said and spot on.

A magnificent servant certainly, but am not sure I want him to exceed Atyeo. We should remember that Atyeo's appearances were entirely as a starter - don't think that Louis would beat him without sub appearances.

We should also remember that Atyeo retired early to concentrate on his teaching career, but in any case well done Louis.

These are my thoughts.

Just like when Abert skinned Bikey. They bloke who many on here wanted us to sign. Funny how we expect our defenders never to be beaten but expect out forwards to run rings around the opposition!

Carey would have the record by now if he hadn't signed for Coventry. Hardly the act of a 'loyal servent'. He was very fortunate that his mate Tinnion re-signed him.

That's harsh. Everyone's allowed to try to better themselves. He's been our best defender for years. Deserves total respect by ALL City fans not sniping and petty fault finding. Who ever resigned him we should be thankful to.

Archived