IGNORED

Who Wants Del Out?

You Do The Dziekanowski

Who still wants del out?  

295 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted till Xmas, the run we went on without a win was awful. The team had no shape and players lacked confidence and players who were out of form never got dropped.

It seems to me that nothing that was done in training was coming out on the pitch and performances were awful.

I just think it shouldn't take the owner to come out and say we are in a mess here's some money to sort it, had plenty of money in summer and never sorted out our weaknesses.

Either the manager never required the money and was happy with what he had or the board never backed the manager with the money. If they never backed him the question is why they didn't.

I think mcinnes is a good manager but we seem to go on awful runs and why do we need loans to keep sorting out our messes.

84% wanted him to stay in the last poll - taken when we were in a worst position, without the win and without the current loan signings - so not sure what the point is doing this again, there are over 200 replies detailing why he should stay in the last poll ( http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/149954-mcinnes/ ) - go read them if you want to know peoples opinions.

he's our manager, IIRC on this very website we were begging the board to appoint him

we got what we wanted, and now we question him? He's doing the right things, putting the bed rock in for the future, **** knows someone needed to, and this is his reward?

When we complain about players' loyalty because they run off to somewhere else because of what they promise, we should take a long look in the mirror and ask how many times we've been guilty. The grass isn't greener on the other side, and shit still stinks like shit no matter what bucket it's in

Not sure why people are talking about sways or fickleness.

In the poll on Nov 7th after 6 straight defeats, 84% of fans backed him.

Even the poll immediately after the Charlton game which was undoubtedly the low point more fans wanted him to stay than go (and it was only half as many who voted since it was just 1 week later).

Most fans are quietly realistic, you get a handful of extreme opinions posted vociferously on here which is why it seems polarised. Those with extremely pessimistic or optimistic views are much more likely to express them.

Last vote I said In and this vote I said In. Dont really understand people wanting him out tbh, the guy is here for the long term and learning as he goes. Think he's brought very good players who are head and shoulders above who previous regimes have signed and thats encouraging for this club.

Besides who's really out there as a manager that we want? Now that old 'Arry is back in employment ;) (tongue in cheek there) In my personal opinion, all the unemployed managers out their are gash...

He'll keep us up, and he's trying his best to build a side that can gain promotion in the future. Admittedly it's gonna be tough, but we know that a lot of the time you have to get worse before you get better.

It doesn't help that we've been riddled with injuries. We'll be fine. And he's doing a good job. Now let's get behind the guy and the club and try and be positive.

Are all clubs as negative and fickle as us?!

Why would fans want him out? Even throught the recent dreadfull run hardly any fans were calling for his head. If anyone wants a lesson of what can happen when a club changes managers frequently, take a look at the Gas.

That said, City's managerial cycle isn't that impressive either.

Couldn't agree more these polls are totally boring and tell us nothing at all, apart from a snapshot in time at this point in time, the fact is the last 4 points came at the right time, as did probably the injury to Skuse, the other fact is DMC has undoubtedly made some mistakes and has to learn from them, the next big decision for DMC is when Skuse is fit again and Danns has gone does he revert back to his serial failing pairing of Skuse and Elliott because to be honest even with Killkenny in a 5 midfield that pairing has almost always failed.

Always makes me laugh when fans say he never addressed the defensive issue in the summer, when we all know for some reason or another we tried and failed to get

Keogh

Ward

Gerrard

Monk

Buzsaky I'm not to sure about, but if true it was never through lack of trying. We also needed the strike force looking at Woods went back and Maynard left last season, so we got Davies.

I think West Ham forced the boards hand with Baldock knowing they were going to sell Maynard, for 2.8 million with our sell on clause probably the average 20% = 560k plus the million they owed us offered Baldock. The board have liked these marquee signings ala David James to paper the cracks that they did not back the manager when they wanted defensive players.

This is the reason the board then gave him more funds in the loan market, knowing full well that Del wanted these CH in the summer. Probably sat down after the Charlton game said what's going on, Del probably said that list of CH I gave you that never happened!

People talk about going out and buying players like its going to Asda, wake up players aren't interested in us at the moment because we have been relegation fodder for a few seasons now.

The other thing that Del is doing apart from Morris is getting young players who hopefully will be with us for a while to gel into a good squad.

Football fans have no patiance or memory, look at Southampton wanted Atkins out the other week. Bollox to the fact he took them up in two successive promotions. Ferguson would never of stood a chance in today's fans minds three years to achieve anything. I'm not saying Del is like Atkins or Ferguson but given the chance he might be we don't know.

Even the poll immediately after the Charlton game which was undoubtedly the low point more fans wanted him to stay than go (and it was only half as many who voted since it was just 1 week later).

Most fans are quietly realistic, you get a handful of extreme opinions posted vociferously on here which is why it seems polarised. Those with extremely pessimistic or optimistic views are much more likely to express them.

If you look at the poll people still want him out and some are giving him until Christmas I just wanted to see the numbers and to hear people's opinions I never made anyone vote or post

Always makes me laugh when fans say he never addressed the defensive issue in the summer, when we all know for some reason or another we tried and failed to get

Keogh

Ward

Gerrard

Monk

Buzsaky I'm not to sure about, but if true it was never through lack of trying. We also needed the strike force looking at Woods went back and Maynard left last season, so we got Davies.

I think West Ham forced the boards hand with Baldock knowing they were going to sell Maynard, for 2.8 million with our sell on clause probably the average 20% = 560k plus the million they owed us offered Baldock. The board have liked these marquee signings ala David James to paper the cracks that they did not back the manager when they wanted defensive players.

This is the reason the board then gave him more funds in the loan market, knowing full well that Del wanted these CH in the summer. Probably sat down after the Charlton game said what's going on, Del probably said that list of CH I gave you that never happened!

People talk about going out and buying players like its going to Asda, wake up players aren't interested in us at the moment because we have been relegation fodder for a few seasons now.

The other thing that Del is doing apart from Morris is getting young players who hopefully will be with us for a while to gel into a good squad.

Football fans have no patiance or memory, look at Southampton wanted Atkins out the other week. Bollox to the fact he took them up in two successive promotions. Ferguson would never of stood a chance in today's fans minds three years to achieve anything. I'm not saying Del is like Atkins or Ferguson but given the chance he might be we don't know.

Maybe just maybe had he not wasted some of the budget on Wilson, more of it on Elokobi, after all we had ready made back ups for those positions already at the club, also had he not given Carey another year, had he not bothered signing Anderson, together with the Bolaisie money he could have increased the financial incentive to sign one off of your list, just a thought.

Maybe just maybe had he not wasted some of the budget on Wilson, more of it on Elokobi, after all we had ready made back ups for those positions already at the club, also had he not given Carey another year, had he not bothered signing Anderson, together with the Bolaisie money he could have increased the financial incentive to sign one off of your list, just a thought.

Everything is easier in hindsight ay.

Re Del's attempts to plug our defence, you can not fault him for trying. As mentioned above, as far as we're aware he tried for Monk, Keogh, Ward and Gerrard - sadly failed with all.

However, he's brought in 10, yes 10 defenders! Sadly some have not quite performed (Briggs), some have gotten injured within 20 minutes (Elekobi), but still, we may moan that our defence is still leaking goals, but as I said above - you can not fault Del's effort to bring defenders in!

NB Foster, M.Wilson, Cunningham, Bates, D.Wilson, McManus (twice) Briggs, Elekobi as well as Dekel what's his face and Bikey at the end of last season (10 defenders that I can think of, 11 if you count McManus twice)!

If you look at the poll people still want him out and some are giving him until Christmas I just wanted to see the numbers and to hear people's opinions I never made anyone vote or post

When we say people want him out we actually mean 4%, a figure that I think we should put down to statistical blip or within our margin of error for a study of this type - so they don't really exist :icecream:

Once again Nibor - you are a great, articulate poster on here who knows what he is talking about when it comes to BCFC.

I believe Mcinnes is a top flight manager in the making (not there yet admittedly, but he will make it) and he will get there with us.

I also think Lansdown and the directors are backing him 100%

For good reasons.

Once again Nibor - you are a great, articulate poster on here who knows what he is talking about when it comes to BCFC.

I believe Mcinnes is a top flight manager in the making (not there yet admittedly, but he will make it) and he will get there with us.

I also think Lansdown and the directors are backing him 100%

For good reasons.

Sorry, but what is it you have seen to suggest he will be a top flight manager.

Have you actually been watching the matches?

His tactics seem very naive, his substitutions strange. Sorry I cannot see it so rose tinted as yourself.

It makes no difference if I want him gone or not, it's not my choice, but for some people to suggest he will be like Dicks, or we will get to the prem on what we have witnessed so far is utterly laughable.

Don't think you can say he wasted the money on Elokobi, we might of had a back up in Bryan but a freak injury on Elokobi cannot be blamed on Del as wasting money. Plus we saw in that game even the back up got injured so we went into the next few games with the back up's back up's playing.

Carey probably given another year on a reduced wage contract ( like Cisse was offered but turned down ) only to be a back up to his replacement that did not arrive.

Mark Wilson I will give you that one has not worked out, but in hindsight could of proved a shrewd move.

Anderson I don't know and can't comment on, could of been bought for the future ? was not a huge fee, could of been bought and just not proving himself in training? As I said bit of a mystery that one.

Don't think you can say he wasted the money on Elokobi, we might of had a back up in Bryan but a freak injury on Elokobi cannot be blamed on Del as wasting money. Plus we saw in that game even the back up got injured so we went into the next few games with the back up's back up's playing.

Carey probably given another year on a reduced wage contract ( like Cisse was offered but turned down ) only to be a back up to his replacement that did not arrive.

Mark Wilson I will give you that one has not worked out, but in hindsight could of proved a shrewd move.

Anderson I don't know and can't comment on, could of been bought for the future ? was not a huge fee, could of been bought and just not proving himself in training? As I said bit of a mystery that one.

Mark Wilson only got a contract until Jan so its not really wasting resouces as it can be terminated cheaply and it pluged a gap we had at the time while foster was injured,

Bates is the same he's only here to plug the gap while we try and find a solution to the CB problem we get him fit he's a much better defender then anything we got and we can try and keep his services (he can't be that bad as prem clubs were sniffing but didn't take the gamble)

Same can be said for Danns e's here to plug a gap while we look for a solution, I'm glad we didn't sign Akos he's over-rated and had to go to portsmouth to get back in football and has ended up at Barnsley so he can't be that good,

Of all his signings I'd say two were poor the rest inproved us, those two are Anderson and Morris

Mark Wilson only got a contract until Jan so its not really wasting resouces as it can be terminated cheaply and it pluged a gap we had at the time while foster was injured,

Bates is the same he's only here to plug the gap while we try and find a solution to the CB problem we get him fit he's a much better defender then anything we got and we can try and keep his services (he can't be that bad as prem clubs were sniffing but didn't take the gamble)

Same can be said for Danns e's here to plug a gap while we look for a solution, I'm glad we didn't sign Akos he's over-rated and had to go to portsmouth to get back in football and has ended up at Barnsley so he can't be that good,

Of all his signings I'd say two were poor the rest inproved us, those two are Anderson and Morris

Depends on whether Morris was brought into play consistent or was he brought to the club to disrupt the player power. Vinnie Jones was bought by Wilkinson at Leeds to do just that break up the player power group. It is a mystery thou.

I agree the Wilson one is short term like Bates is. I believe he knows that he wants CH and a midfielder like Danns who is not going to get into Leicester's team but his wages are reputed at 15-20k a week so if he is prepared to drop in wages which he will have to due to FFP wherever he goes . So fingers crossed on this one.

Depends on whether Morris was brought into play consistent or was he brought to the club to disrupt the player power. Vinnie Jones was bought by Wilkinson at Leeds to do just that break up the player power group. It is a mystery thou.

I agree the Wilson one is short term like Bates is. I believe he knows that he wants CH and a midfielder like Danns who is not going to get into Leicester's team but his wages are reputed at 15-20k a week so if he is prepared to drop in wages which he will have to due to FFP wherever he goes . So fingers crossed on this one.

I don't think we will be willing to pay more the 10k a week to a player now, but they could get performance related bonuses which I don't think are reportable under the new FFP system, It depends what danns wants,

I agree about the loan signings but i believe he has the determination to and patience to sign Bates on to a long term deal and persuade Danns to sign permanently.

I also dont think that the win ratio reflects his performance as the championship has got considerably tougher since the millen days. As i have said before only 4 teams havent been in the prem in the championship this season Us, Cardiff, Peterbourough and Huddersfield thats 20 other teams who have parachute payments to help them succeed in the championship.

I'm firmly in the del in camp but there is 6 teams that havnt played in the prem i believe brighton and millwall correct me if im wrong

How am I blaming the freak injury to Elokobi on DMC?, my point is we already had a back up in Bryan and emergency cover with either Fontaine or Nyatanga and total emergency Foster.

My point is not the individual cost of those signings but the total cost of those signings might have resulted in the earlier signing of one of the centre backs on the list earlier on this thread or indeed a Danns type player that was badly needed in midfield.

We had a reasonable start to the season that descended into chaos and was allowed to continue for far too long, loans are just sticking plasters unless there is a chance of signing them permanently IMO.

That's a really interesting point and, if true, would be an exceptionally shrewd move. If not true, it just means we've bought a midfielder who isn't contributing much, albeit probably on a pretty low wage..

Archived