IGNORED

Who Wants Del Out?

You Do The Dziekanowski

Who still wants del out?  

295 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you look at the poll people still want him out and some are giving him until Christmas I just wanted to see the numbers and to hear people's opinions I never made anyone vote or post

It wasn't a criticism of the poll, I was just pointing out that actually the fan base isn't as fickle as the impression some have.

I agree about the loan signings but i believe he has the determination to and patience to sign Bates on to a long term deal and persuade Danns to sign permanently.

I believe he has done well to bring players in who are much better than what we had and he has got left back what we have been crying out for since Mcallister become too old and he filled that place superbly with GC.

I also dont think that the win ratio reflects his performance as the championship has got considerably tougher since the millen days. As i have said before only 4 teams havent been in the prem in the championship this season Us, Cardiff, Peterbourough and Huddersfield thats 20 other teams who have parachute payments to help them succeed in the championship.

No correct my friend. Those payments only go on for three or four years. Forest, Leeds Leicester and Palace are not getting any.

Are you quite sure all I've seen are highlights? Nice assumption as per usual. Im glad people are back to deciding what I have and havent watched this season :bored: . I dont make noises about what I have and havent seen, as I dont see that it matters as much as some think it does or somehow makes you a better fan as some seem to think. Ive seen enough and that's all Im saying on the matter, save getting drawn into this semi regular circular arguement. However, dont let that get in the way of some one else having a differing and quantified opinion to yourself and then having a load of digs at pretty much everyone because their opinion doesnt match your own.

Almost forgot we were live on telly one week weren't we...

Watching the game is important. I've never said you were less of a fan mate, just that your constant forming of opinions based in statistics and highlight reels does unquestionably weaken the validity of your opinions. You're basing your opinions on hearsay, if you were a source in an History essay I'd be forced to discredit you before even reading what you said!

I'm not making assumptions either, you're on almost all the match day threads rather than at the ate, you base all your comments in statistics and not what you've seen.

Are you quite sure all I've seen are highlights? Nice assumption as per usual. Im glad people are back to deciding what I have and havent watched this season :bored: . I dont make noises about what I have and havent seen, as I dont see that it matters as much as some think it does or somehow makes you a better fan as some seem to think. Ive seen enough and that's all Im saying on the matter, save getting drawn into this semi regular circular arguement. However, dont let that get in the way of some one else having a differing and quantified opinion to yourself and then having a load of digs at pretty much everyone because their opinion doesnt match your own.

Surely asking Tansley for a defence of his opinion on Pearson then calling it a 'defence of mediocrity' is the definition of "having a load of digs at pretty much everyone because their opinion doesnt match your own"?

Living up north I haven't seen us many times this season, but the impression I've got from listening to VARIOUS opinions on here and the games I've seen are that we're suffering from an almost perfect storm of injury, individual loss of form and weakness in key areas. Taking the Hull game as an example (because it was on tv so i watched it), we didn't play well but actually lost to a wonder goal and a incredibly unlucky one. On another day we'd have got a point. Obviously Del has to take responsibility for some of this, but as an optimist I like to focus on what he's improved over the summer from Millen. We have the elusive left back, we can score goals, we have (in my opinion) a decent goal keeper. Central midfield and central defence remain a problem and one that he should have sorted but his reign just hasn't been the omnishambles you keep telling everyone it is. As much as anything, Del needs to stay for stabilitys sake; we've chopped and changed managers so much in recent years that I feel that if 1 of them shows even the remotest bit if promise we should hold on to him, back him up and see where it takes us. Every time we've changed managers it's taken us a little bit closer to relegation and it has to stop

I'll be at AG for the first time this season on Saturday and hopefully at Hillsboro the week after. Perhaps this 'city-saturation' may change my opinion but I doubt it. Perhaps after you've watched the next couple of games your opinion may change too RMLF?

results have not relected perfromances this season

We should of got somthing against Blackburn, Leeds, Millwall, Forest, Barnsley, Burnley, but dropped points because he's done what the fans wanted and "go for it" instead of defending a leed or going for a point,

That's my view on the player, rather than a dig at JT? Not sure where you are going with that.

Perhaps I perceive it in a different way. What I read was that Jordan offered a number of points to back up his assertion that Pearson has been a decent signing and you ignored most of it and fixated on the section where JT admits to some of Pearson's flaws. That automatically makes his argument look (though not necessarily be) more balanced than yours.

Personally, I think that some of your criticisms of Pearson are justified but there seems to be no context to what you're saying. If Pearson didn't have the flaws you point out then he wouldn't be playing for Bristol City. Given his ability to play a number of positions and the fact that he is undoubtedly capable of quality at times, I think he's an entirely appropriate player for us and I don't think there was anyone out there better. You have just as much right to an opinion as anyone else regardless of whether you've watched every minute or not a single one, but as someone who doesn't go often I'm going to choose to believe the chap that says he goes every week, especially as his opinion largely backs up what I've seen myself

Perhaps I perceive it in a different way. What I read was that Jordan offered a number of points to back up his assertion that Pearson has been a decent signing and you ignored most of it and fixated on the section where JT admits to some of Pearson's flaws. That automatically makes his argument look (though not necessarily be) more balanced than yours.

Personally, I think that some of your criticisms of Pearson are justified but there seems to be no context to what you're saying. If Pearson didn't have the flaws you point out then he wouldn't be playing for Bristol City. Given his ability to play a number of positions and the fact that he is undoubtedly capable of quality at times, I think he's an entirely appropriate player for us and I don't think there was anyone out there better. You have just as much right to an opinion as anyone else regardless of whether you've watched every minute or not a single one, but as someone who doesn't go often I'm going to choose to believe the chap that says he goes every week, especially as his opinion largely backs up what I've seen myself

before anyone says danns, he wasn't availabe until last month

His record is appalling - enough said. Very surprised he is getting so much support to be honest. Yes, he has bought in a few good players but he has also bought in some poor / average players,

Table dont lie - wake up fans or we will be watching 3rd tier footy again for sure

Still in the give him till Xmas camp, but 9 points from last 16 games is very very poor.

Why sign a defender from Liverpool on loan if we aren't going to play him, just a waste of money again. If Carey can't play 2 games in 3 days why was he given a contract, if bates had a tight hamstring that was a quick recovery from Saturday ( still say he didn't want to play against boro)

Once again Nibor - you are a great, articulate poster on here who knows what he is talking about when it comes to BCFC.

I believe Mcinnes is a top flight manager in the making (not there yet admittedly, but he will make it) and he will get there with us.

I also think Lansdown and the directors are backing him 100%

For good reasons.

As..... it would seem are a fair proportion of the fans....... kind of feel 'Sod The Directors' for some reason.... blah blah blah

Still think we will stick and chuck some more money at it in the next window; cannot see SL making any rash decisions after his last statement a few weeks back. Where that takes us is where that takes us.

A complete change will cost a bucket load and I cant see it happening even after todays non efforts.

Turning point for me today.

Deciding to play one up front against an exploitable Wolves defence; telling Kilkenny - a man with no defensive abilities - to play just in front of the defence instead of just behind the attack; the constant selection of 'undroppables' Liam Fontaine and Stephen Pearson; bringing in Danny Wilson then leaving him on the bench; leaving Anderson on the bench; bringing Davies on too late.

For all this and more it's a McInnes OOT now for me.

He isn't learning and this so-called coaching revolution at AG has made players like Fontaine and Elliott actually go backwards. We have a side who can neither take or defend corners and free kicks and can't even do the basics, like communicate with each other.

Turning point for me today.

Deciding to play one up front against an exploitable Wolves defence; telling Kilkenny - a man with no defensive abilities - to play just in front of the defence instead of just behind the attack; the constant selection of 'undroppables' Liam Fontaine and Stephen Pearson; bringing in Danny Wilson then leaving him on the bench; leaving Anderson on the bench; bringing Davies on too late.

For all this and more it's a McInnes OOT now for me.

He isn't learning and this so-called coaching revolution at AG has made players like Fontaine and Elliott actually go backwards. We have a side who can neither take or defend corners and free kicks and can't even do the basics, like communicate with each other.

Feel exactly the same - today was tipping point for me too - for all the reasons you have said above .

For the first time in 30 years of watching I walked before half time. The. 3rd goal went in and was dumbstruck at how the entire defence just watched him. You could see after the 1st goal went in that the players though bollocks I'll go through the motions and not bother. I lasted a bit longer than the players but couldn't believe the capitulation at the end of the half so went home. There is no cohesion in the team, no plan, no stability and I'm sorry to say at this stage no hope.

For that reason he needs to go.

Archived