IGNORED

New Ground

chalky

This topic seems to pop up every few months, mainly started by new(ish) people to the forum with unknown intentions. They then manage to spur the usual suspects into a lets redevelop the gate frenzy.

Wouldnt suprise me in the slightest if we have been infiltrated by Save, with the aim of dividing opinions.

This topic seems to pop up every few months, mainly started by new(ish) people to the forum with unknown intentions. They then manage to spur the usual suspects into a lets redevelop the gate frenzy.

Wouldnt suprise me in the slightest if we have been infiltrated by Save, with the aim of dividing opinions.

Chalky's been around a fair old while.

Perhaps you should just accept that we can all think for ourselves and there are many long standing City fans who don't see a future in a new ground as either something we want, or feel we're going to enjoy.

Chalky's been around a fair old while.

Perhaps you should just accept that we can all think for ourselves and there are many long standing City fans who don't see a future in a new ground as either something we want, or feel we're going to enjoy.

I wasnt aiming that post at Chalky. Its obvious that not everyone will be happy with the proposed move, but maybe you should accept that this is the vision of the board and we have discussed a thousand times the negatives of developing the gate. It will cost more to develop the existing site than to move, and we will be restricted in size & facilities.

As for Spudski prefering to stay in the championship or lower leagues than move & play in the Premier League thats rather baffling to say the least.

It doesn't need Nimby's to devide opinion.

Many fans don't want AV.

But you are right... dividing Opinion won't make one iota of difference.

SL will do what he wants to do... end of.

Even if it were proven that AV would make a shit load of extra money for the Club, it wouldn't change my mind.

No amount of money, can buy tradition, community spirit, and a feeling of belonging to a club.

When living oop north, I spent pretty much a season watching Man Utd.

I watched apparantly the best footballers in this country for a season.

Apart from European nights, the atmosphere in the stadium was crap and the football was no more entertaining than what we get at the gate.

What was enjoyable was the walk down Sir Matt busby way, the stalls selling souvenirs, the local pubs and community. You felt the history and community...

The Premier League is not all it's cracked up to be.

I used to go regularly to Man Utd and City, Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn... when they were all in the Prem.

It's not so baffling to understand, when you've spent a season watching it.

I also visited, Bury and Stockport and FC Utd at Bury and it was far more fun than the Prem tbh.

Each to their own of course... but i know i'm not the only one that feels this way.

Man Utd and Man City fans moan just as much about their lot as us, if not more.

What do fans want?

Finding a happiness in what you have is half the battle imho.

I wasnt aiming that post at Chalky. Its obvious that not everyone will be happy with the proposed move, but maybe you should accept that this is the vision of the board and we have discussed a thousand times the negatives of developing the gate. It will cost more to develop the existing site than to move, and we will be restricted in size & facilities.

As for Spudski prefering to stay in the championship or lower leagues than move & play in the Premier League thats rather baffling to say the least.

I couldn't care less about the vision of the board quite frankly. I've been supporting BCFC a hell of a lot longer than any of them.

My only concern is they provide me with an entertaining football team to support.

A team I can be proud of in a stadium I love, that'll do me.

My main intention (and I've just read my OP again) was to see if anyone had any further shots/info of the planned design of the new stadium. And discuss if there was still scope to feedback ideas for the design etc.

As stated above I have been on the forum for nearly a decade so obviously not an infiltrator/newbie etc.

I know that the new ground / redevelop AG has been done to death and I guess I should have known that it would have descended into that type of thread.

My main intention (and I've just read my OP again) was to see if anyone had any further shots/info of the planned design of the new stadium. And discuss if there was still scope to feedback ideas for the design etc.

As stated above I have been on the forum for nearly a decade so obviously not an infiltrator/newbie etc.

I know that the new ground / redevelop AG has been done to death and I guess I should have known that it would have descended into that type of thread.

Mate read my last post, this wasnt aimed at you at all, Nogbad brought your name into it! Other people have changed the direction of your original post.

I couldn't care less about the vision of the board quite frankly. I've been supporting BCFC a hell of a lot longer than any of them.

My only concern is they provide me with an entertaining football team to support.

A team I can be proud of in a stadium I love, that'll do me.

Not sure how you expect us to have a competitive championship team next season (If we stay up ofcourse). FFP will mean we have about the lowest budget in the division, as most other clubs have bigger newer grounds, greater attendances, and greater potential for revenue via other streams. A new ground and the finaincial benefits it brings will be the only way we can compete at this level.

Mate read my last post, this wasnt aimed at you at all, Nogbad brought your name into it! Other people have changed the direction of your original post.

You said threads like this were normally started by newbies with unknown intentions.

It looked very much as if you were including the current thread, and the OP as an infiltrator, hence my pointing out that Chalky has been on here a long time.

Not sure how you expect us to have a competitive championship team next season (If we stay up ofcourse). FFP will mean we have about the lowest budget in the division, as most other clubs have bigger newer grounds, greater attendances, and greater potential for revenue via other streams. A new ground and the finaincial benefits it brings will be the only way we can compete at this level.

Imo we're overstretching ourselves to attempt to compete in a division where we cannot in the modern age, and nobody is enjoying watching Bristol City anymore.

In fact supporters of decades standing have had the enthusiasm crushed out of them by 3 years of utterly depressing fare.

No guarantee whatsoever a new stadium would improve things, but an absolute certainty that many more supporters will walk if it doesn't and AG has been obliterated.

It would be the worst of all worlds.

Imo we're overstretching ourselves to attempt to compete in a division where we cannot in the modern age, and nobody is enjoying watching Bristol City anymore.

In fact supporters of decades standing have had the enthusiasm crushed out of them by 3 years of utterly depressing fare.

No guarantee whatsoever a new stadium would improve things, but an absolute certainty that many more supporters will walk if it doesn't and AG has been obliterated.

It would be the worst of all worlds.

Thing is, it's not as simple as being unable to compete in the Championship or Premier League with Ashton Gate in its present form. As I understand it the cost of maintaining the ground and infrastructure with the income it provides would make us unable to compete in any division. I'm not convinced that the current setup could break even in any squad in any division. Maybe if they entirely closed part of the ground then costs could be brought down but that would be a bit sad and it would probably need to be the East End that was closed.

As you say, there's no guarantee that a new stadium would bring success but personally I think it's a gamble that needs to be taken. The worst of all worlds is attempting to balance the books at Ashton Gate as it will most likely result in poorer and poorer teams, less and less revenue and a vicious circle ending in extinction (or a new ground more like the New Lawn than Ashton Vale)

Archived