IGNORED

Worst Times Ever

bs3

Well, I can join the posters on this thread who have been City fans for many years - 38 years in my case.

I left at half time. the first time I have EVER done that. I could not take any more after total dominance from Wolves and obviously there was no way back from 4 - 0 down at half time.

As I walked back alone over Greville Smythe Park, I felt more depressed than I have for a long time.

Lots of questions in my head. Why leave our top goal scorer on the bench when Taylor was largely ineffective (again) ?

Our midfield just collapsed, despite valiant efforts by Neil Danns. Why is Elliot a pale shadow of the the player he used to be and (given that) why is he being selected ?

As many others have said, Fontaine is just not up to it at this level and their front line went through our defence like a hot knife through butter (several times). Yet he is captain ?

How could we beat Boro away 3 -1 and yet serve up that dross just ome week later ?

Having said all that, I still don't think that changing the Manager at this stage of the season is a good idea.

Although, one could speculate about what could have happened if we had appointed someone like Mick McCarthy, who seems to have turned round Ipswich already.

I would suggest being relegated from the First to the Fourth division , in succesive seasons was worse.

It’s true that relegation from the first to forth division was bad and we’ve had some other awful years but I agree with BS3. The reason is, over the last 30 years we’ve never managed any sustained good periods, and the cumulative affect is very wearing.

Terry Cooper took City out of the forth division and there was hope – but it didn’t last. John Ward got promotion –but we came straight back down. Danny Wilson promised a lot - but didn’t deliver. With Gay Johnson the good times came back – but it all fell apart.

What makes the current situation so bad is Steve Lansdown has put a lot of money into the club and backed a series of managers with the net result that the team looks like a bad Sunday morning pub team after a late Saturday night at the pub.

Bristol United FC will be the saviour of Bristol football, it can't come soon enough....

If Rovers go non league they have had it no way back ...

Modern football means a city like Bristol can only support 1 club its either lower league barrel football for both clubs or a revamped Ashton Gate / New Ashton Vale stadium for a 1 football club City of Bristol team. ,,

;)

Sure we've had bad times before especially the slide down the divisions but it feels so much worse this time because our expectations are so much higher, the vast amounts of money lansdowns spent, the riches of the prem if we could only make that final push tantalisingly out of reach , the spanking new stadium we should be sat in by now. Back in 82 we were glad to still have a club to support and it was great climbing back up the leagues but we never expected to get to the first division. I'm afraid we all bought into lansdowns dream and its gone decidedly sour, so yeah I reckon this is the worst I've felt about city

Greetings from north of the river. I can't remember a time when both sets of fans felt so depressed and fed up with what is happening to their respective football clubs. We both have owners who we are grateful to for keeping us afloat, but neither seem to be good at running a football club regardless of their other talents.

A Scottish manager each, who both come with good records, but seem to have lost their way. Squads that look good on paper, but don't perform as a team or have the passion that their fans do.

Look on the bright side, you have League 1 beneath you, we have the black hole of the conference. What on Earth has happened to Bristol football? Surely a city of this size should be able to support two teams of at least championship standard?

Greetings from north of the river. I can't remember a time when both sets of fans felt so depressed and fed up with what is happening to their respective football clubs. We both have owners who we are grateful to for keeping us afloat, but neither seem to be good at running a football club regardless of their other talents.

A Scottish manager each, who both come with good records, but seem to have lost their way. Squads that look good on paper, but don't perform as a team or have the passion that their fans do.

Look on the bright side, you have League 1 beneath you, we have the black hole of the conference. What on Earth has happened to Bristol football? Surely a city of this size should be able to support two teams of at least championship standard?

As I keep saying to Gasheads, things are really disappointing for us at the moment, but at least we are getting taken apart by teams who were in the Prem very recently and have multi million pound signings in their sides, like Wolves Saturday. You can't speak about City and Rovers in the same breath, we are having our sixth season in the Championship, our best set of finishes for thirty odd years, you have just had the worst twelve years in the whole history of the Gas and are now close to dropping out of the league.

The drop from 1st to 4th divisions was ten times worse than now.

We knew we were going to lose week in week out.

THREE relegations in a row, three years of absolute misery.

We were 92nd in the Football league.

Yes, we had some fun on the way back up, but to compare now with those 3 relegation seasons is ludicrous imo.

I've been supporting City since 1992 and this is without a shadow of a doubt the worst I have felt supporting the club. I feel no connection with the players, there's no heroes on the pitch, and we are consistently getting rinsed on our own patch. I've seen less talented teams, but this lot are the weakest, most flimsy bunch of individuals I've ever seen down here. They are a disgrace to our football club and I have had enough. Bring in some players with a bit of fight please, I will always love Bristol City Football Club, but I have completely fallen out of love with this team.

I've been supporting City since 1992 and this is without a shadow of a doubt the worst I have felt supporting the club. I feel no connection with the players, there's no heroes on the pitch, and we are consistently getting rinsed on our own patch. I've seen less talented teams, but this lot are the weakest, most flimsy bunch of individuals I've ever seen down here. They are a disgrace to our football club and I have had enough. Bring in some players with a bit of fight please, I will always love Bristol City Football Club, but I have completely fallen out of love with this team.

Very harsh on Joe Bryan, Jon Stead, Louis Carey, Albert Adomah, Steve Davies, Ryan Taylor and a few others who always give one hundred and ten per cent when they pull on the red jersey.

Very harsh on Joe Bryan, Jon Stead, Louis Carey, Albert Adomah, Steve Davies, Ryan Taylor and a few others who always give one hundred and ten per cent when they pull on the red jersey.

What about the rest of them then? I agree there are a few exceptions, but what about Liam Fontaine, for example? Our club captain. He needs to prove he deserves to be captain of this football club by showing a bit of guts and fight, and leadership.

I'm sick of it mate, they earn loads of money and they don't even put in a tackle half the time. I've said it before, but there's no heroes, no leaders at this club. Tinnion, Murray, Bradley Orr, Mickey Bell, Tommy Doherty, Steve Brooker, Alex Russell, David Noble, Adriano Basso - anyone like any of those players would make a difference.

I have been following this club for nearly 40 years and this is the worst time I can remember . Sure we've had bad times and relegations but I don't recall such a long period of time with poor football and absolute nothing to get excited about . Even in dark days we have a had good cup runs or good runs but the cumulative effect of the last 3 years is really affecting the club . We may have been poor for one season but then the next season we turned it round. When we were poor under Osman we went on to knock Liverpool out of the cup, can you see this side doing something similar ?

Also the on going shambles with the new stadium really tops it off.

I now feel it time for me to walk away from this club , if the board , owner , manager and players are so inept and disinterested in this club what is really the point .

Also clinging on the fact that Rovers are even worst is taken the smallest crumb of comfort from a desperate situation .

Er No ! Try standing at the gate on a Tuesday night in the wet and losing 1 0 at home to Torquay United in front of 2800 fans, to go bottom of the old Div 4. Now that is grief. Trust me, you ain't seen nothing yet :surrender:

Er No ! Try standing at the gate on a Tuesday night in the wet and losing 1 0 at home to Torquay United in front of 2800 fans, to go bottom of the old Div 4. Now that is grief. Trust me, you ain't seen nothing yet :surrender:

Very true. Or going to places like Shrewsbury and getting stuffed 4-0, just 3 years after beating the likes of Liverpool at a packed AG.

Just muttering those dark days of division 4 infront of 2500 fans compared to this just shows how it's such a bad time to be a city fan.. when is it ever a good time??

You know what will happen when we go down don't you? we'll lose 2 play off finals then ascend to be in midtable for 10 years, slowly falling down to league 2 trap door where it all started

Happy thoughts.

When we went down from one to 4 and least we still had the memory fresh in our minds of the glory days. I also remember the match after we were saved we played Fulham and drew one one and that was one of the best/memorable matches I been at. And then the rest of the 80s were a blast, promotions , first ever wembley trips ,play offs and going to football was much more FUN.

Indeed, the 80s were great days. The only way was up from December 1982 onwards. Top flight division 1 days were fresh in all our minds while we did away trips to the likes of Torquay, Exeter and Swindon with a Red Army support that was feared and respected. Terry Cooper and then Big Joe Jordan as managers almost did the dream and returned us to the top flight within 8 years. Great days, I feel sorry for the current generation as supporting this club is never as fun as it was during the 80s.

Very true. Or going to places like Shrewsbury and getting stuffed 4-0, just 3 years after beating the likes of Liverpool at a packed AG.

Never forget that Shrewsbury game- at 4-0 down the City fans were doing the conga and singing "We've got the worst team in the land."

I feel no connection with the players

So true. Remember the days of the Johnson era, and players like Noble, Basso, Orr at the club. It felt like you knew them and the togetherness the fans had with the players.

Weird saying this, but it feels like a bunch of strangers you don't know playing on the pitch. There is no love or bond between the fans!

So true. Remember the days of the Johnson era, and players like Noble, Basso, Orr at the club. It felt like you knew them and the togetherness the fans had with the players.

Weird saying this, but it feels like a bunch of strangers you don't know playing on the pitch. There is no love or bond between the fans!

Togetherness was when we were winning, it all changes when we start losing.

Not to rip the crap out of you but i quote " Love or Bond " sorry fella, after 45 years of following this club, i can say quite categorically, there was never no love, no bond, no special feeling, just guys playing a sport and guys and galls ( and gulls ) enjoying watching it sometimes, get into perspective or your life will be ruined.....move away and look back, you'll be suprised

so many bad supporters on here, not supporting the team when they need it the most. I know they are playing bad because ive been to every game this season and still not once have i booed them, 'supporters' who boo them shouldn't bother turning up. all that i see from our supporters is negativity about the team, thats excatly what we need to boost our performances, fair enough to the supporters who still believe we can tun this around. CTID

Not to rip the crap out of you but i quote " Love or Bond " sorry fella, after 45 years of following this club, i can say quite categorically, there was never no love, no bond, no special feeling, just guys playing a sport and guys and galls ( and gulls ) enjoying watching it sometimes, get into perspective or your life will be ruined.....move away and look back, you'll be suprised

So you didn't feel any bond between the players and fans during the Johnson era?

Do you want 'soft kitty' Sheldon?.

When we droped down the divisions it was because we were skint and although we were dreadful at times it never felt like the players weren't trying to put things right (even though if failed big time) now if feels like we're paying a fortune to players and coaches who really couldn't give a rats arse what happens.

There's a lot of truth in that, but where is the passion on the pitch? That went out the door with Gary Johnson. We've been a soulless rabble ever since.

I know.

I couldn't believe how slowly we started on Saturday considering the way the players were talking it up in their pre-match interviews.

Archived