IGNORED

Worst Times Ever

bs3

I have been following this club for nearly 40 years and this is the worst time I can remember . Sure we've had bad times and relegations but I don't recall such a long period of time with poor football and absolute nothing to get excited about . Even in dark days we have a had good cup runs or good runs but the cumulative effect of the last 3 years is really affecting the club . We may have been poor for one season but then the next season we turned it round. When we were poor under Osman we went on to knock Liverpool out of the cup, can you see this side doing something similar ?

Also the on going shambles with the new stadium really tops it off.

I now feel it time for me to walk away from this club , if the board , owner , manager and players are so inept and disinterested in this club what is really the point .

Also clinging on the fact that Rovers are even worst is taken the smallest crumb of comfort from a desperate situation .

I have been following this club for nearly 40 years and this is the worst time I can remember . Sure we've had bad times and relegations but I don't recall such a long period of time with poor football and absolute nothing to get excited about . Even in dark days we have a had good cup runs or good runs but the cumulative effect of the last 3 years is really affecting the club . We may have been poor for one season but then the next season we turned it round. When we were poor under Osman we went on to knock Liverpool out of the cup, can you see this side doing something similar ?

Also the on going shambles with the new stadium really tops it off.

I now feel it time for me to walk away from this club , if the board , owner , manager and players are so inept and disinterested in this club what is really the point .

Also clinging on the fact that Rovers are even worst is taken the smallest crumb of comfort from a desperate situation .

I would suggest being relegated from the First to the Fourth division , in succesive seasons was worse.

Same for me I feel mightily pissed off at the lack of spark in the team there is absolutely nothing to get excited about so I do understand.....however I've been a fan for over 40 years and its in the blood, I'll be here long after this shower of shite that is currently playing so whilst I cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel, once a fan always a fan so see you at the next game.

When we went down from one to 4 and least we still had the memory fresh in our minds of the glory days. I also remember the match after we were saved we played Fulham and drew one one and that was one of the best/memorable matches I been at. And then the rest of the 80s were a blast, promotions , first ever wembley trips ,play offs and going to football was much more FUN.

I will say overall the club is in a pretty bad state.

1) So much negativity around the club from all areas

2) We have no identity to fans of other clubs other than the wurzels who are shit

3) We haven't been successful on the pitch for a long time now

4) Our stadium plans are going to pot

5) Our finances are in a pretty bad way

Only positive at the moment is that things can't get much worse and when we do eventually become better it will feel even sweeter.

I would suggest being relegated from the First to the Fourth division , in succesive seasons was worse.

Perhaps we all thought dark days like that were gone forever, but oh for a TC, to wheeler deal and bring some spirit into the club and mainly from lower divisions, stopping the team coach on the way home to buy fish and chips for the team, todays pampered ladyboys don't know they are ******* born.

When we went down from one to 4 and least we still had the memory fresh in our minds of the glory days. I also remember the match after we were saved we played Fulham and drew one one and that was one of the best/memorable matches I been at. And then the rest of the 80s were a blast, promotions , first ever wembley trips ,play offs and going to football was much more FUN.

I agree , the climb back up was a lot of fun , and the football under Cooper & Jordan in particular was a lot better than some of the crap we have witnessed in the last 3 years.

I just think 3 succesive relegations was pretty damn miserable.

He must have forgotten that and the crap served up by Osman and Lumsden.Now that was seriously dire with crowds down to around 7k

No I have mention Osman . He was the manager who took us to Anfield and won. Lumsden also took us with a whisker of the play offs.

So again Robbored you don't read the post and if you want to disagree that's ok but I feel this is more of a depressing time and you don't have to make a snide comment to make your point , you could of address me directly .

I will say overall the club is in a pretty bad state.

1) So much negativity around the club from all areas

2) We have no identity to fans of other clubs other than the wurzels who are shit

3) We haven't been successful on the pitch for a long time now

4) Our stadium plans are going to pot

5) Our finances are in a pretty bad way

Only positive at the moment is that things can't get much worse and when we do eventually become better it will feel even sweeter.

Oi , you've overstepped the mark there son !

I agree , the climb back up was a lot of fun , and the football under Cooper & Jordan in particular was a lot better than some of the crap we have witnessed in the last 3 years.

I just think 3 succesive relegations was pretty damn miserable.

Yes I do take your point . I was a lot younger at the time and therefore had more optismisem for what we could achieve.

Your not alone words can't describe how badly off target things have gone since the play-off final / Coppell /Ashton Vale ect....

The worse thing is that i honestly can't see any way out normally there are little chinks of light that revive your interest....

League 1 is a bloody wilderness how anyone can watch the Gas fail in league 2 is beyond me ...

It really feels like the remaining hard core fans are being treated like mugs fobbed off with dreadful football ,empty talk , no spirit or leadership...

Yesterday was an utter disgrace from a so called professional team just read some of the Wolves websites describing our team ...

I do feel sorry for myself and SL. The guy is pumpin in a fortunr for it to result in abject failure so far!

I'm a supporter and as the wise man said you are not a true City Supporter until you wish you weren't!!

Better times ahead we hope probably with a new man...Joe Royal anyone!?

Perhaps we all thought dark days like that were gone forever, but oh for a TC, to wheeler deal and bring some spirit into the club and mainly from lower divisions, stopping the team coach on the way home to buy fish and chips for the team, todays pampered ladyboys don't know they are ******* born.

Terry Cooper was more than a manager he did near enough everything. Even driving to Darlington to move Alan walsh down here. He's a proper City legend.

Your not alone words can't describe how badly off target things have gone since the play-off final / Coppell /Ashton Vale ect....

The worse thing is that i honestly can't see any way out normally there are little chinks of light that revive your interest....

League 1 is a bloody wilderness how anyone can watch the Gas fail in league 2 is beyond me ...

It really feels like the remaining hard core fans are being treated like mugs fobbed off with dreadful football ,empty talk , no spirit or leadership...

Yesterday was an utter disgrace from a so called professional team just read some of the Wolves websites describing our team ...

Yet the week before we were brilliant and stuffed Boro, funny old game...

Well it's been 56 years supporting the Robins, and yes there has been more downs than up's. But even in the down periods I was always proud to be a City fan, because we always pulled off some great performances. I must admit these past few months i have been embarrassed at frustrated by the broad, management, coaching and players. We can all see with the right leadership all the way through the club. We should be doing much better than we are and that's what hurts.

The answer and this will upset lots of you, is a take over by someone, some group and a bomb put under the whole lot of them. Otherwise we will go on replacing the brickwork,when the foundations are crumbling.

It feels really bad now, but i remember '82 and the whole "Support Bristol City now... or never" campaign. Dark days.

Thing is, after we went bust we all got behind the team and willed on a bunch of inexperienced kids and journeymen bring pride to the club all thanks to the legend that is Terry Cooper and he set the club up for a period of relative success from '84 - '91/2 ish. There was a direction and we all pulled toward it.

Right now there is nothing, no direction and nobody pulling the same way.

Have to say that the Osman error was the worst consistant period, he took apart a team with Andy Cole and Jackie in it and replaced it with Liam Robinson and Iain Baird ffs! And even then we beat Liverpool!

Well it's been 56 years supporting the Robins, and yes there has been more downs than up's. But even in the down periods I was always proud to be a City fan, because we always pulled off some great performances. I must admit these past few months i have been embarrassed at frustrated by the broad, management, coaching and players. We can all see with the right leadership all the way through the club. We should be doing much better than we are and that's what hurts.

The answer and this will upset lots of you, is a take over by someone, some group and a bomb put under the whole lot of them. Otherwise we will go on replacing the brickwork,when the foundations are crumbling.

I don't think it will upset lots of us. A lot of people feel this way.

This is our most successful period since the late 70's we should be savouring it !

Quite right, this is a stupid thread. We have just entered our sixth season in the Championship which is recognised as about the sixth biggest league in Europe in terms of expenditure, nternational players, crowds etc. other than the late 70s and the turn of the century, these our best league finishes. If some people think it is better to be beating Fleetwood 4-0 in League Two I suggest they get a season ticket for the Minimal Stadium. Whoops, I meant if they wish to see Fleetwood win 4-0.

Considering the Brighton match which followed on from that was another meek flop added to yesterday and Boro seems like very long time ago.

It does, but it wasn't ! Got to cling to the hope they can reproduce Boro form more consistently.

Archived