IGNORED

Worst Times Ever

bs3

so many bad supporters on here, not supporting the team when they need it the most. I know they are playing bad because ive been to every game this season and still not once have i booed them, 'supporters' who boo them shouldn't bother turning up. all that i see from our supporters is negativity about the team, thats excatly what we need to boost our performances, fair enough to the supporters who still believe we can tun this around. CTID

Bravo kid, but I've had a season ticket for 17 years and been going for 30, I know some people on the forum have been going for more than that and if people pay their money and see the level of football produced on Saturday they have every right to boo or shout abuse because at the end of the day of they can't be arsed to work hard for 90 mins on a Saturday then they deserve all they get

Bravo kid, but I've had a season ticket for 17 years and been going for 30, I know some people on the forum have been going for more than that and if people pay their money and see the level of football produced on Saturday they have every right to boo or shout abuse because at the end of the day of they can't be arsed to work hard for 90 mins on a Saturday then they deserve all they get

Well said. The players are getting off lightly, I'm surprised they haven't copped some serious stick. At other clubs (e.g. Wolves, who vandalised their manager's car last week) it would've turned nasty by now. For the record, I don't condone that kind of thing one bit, but you catch my drift.

It was more than a buzz mate. It felt like we new the city team and management. Great togetherness in the camp then, such a shame it's gone to shit.

What i am trying to say is, we all have our moment, for you it was that certain moment when you felt a connection with the team, the players, the club,...my guess is you were probs a newish supporter, and rode the wave of uphoria that GJ and that team provided, to go to wembley and to be able to reach out and almost touch the promised land, then to have it snatched away by some dumb arse thirty plus that you probably still hate, thats footy fella, theres no love, theres no hate, you pay your money and you take your chances

So true. Remember the days of the Johnson era, and players like Noble, Basso, Orr at the club. It felt like you knew them and the togetherness the fans had with the players.

Weird saying this, but it feels like a bunch of strangers you don't know playing on the pitch. There is no love or bond between the fans!

Welcome to modern football

What about the rest of them then? I agree there are a few exceptions, but what about Liam Fontaine, for example? Our club captain. He needs to prove he deserves to be captain of this football club by showing a bit of guts and fight, and leadership.

I'm sick of it mate, they earn loads of money and they don't even put in a tackle half the time. I've said it before, but there's no heroes, no leaders at this club. Tinnion, Murray, Bradley Orr, Mickey Bell, Tommy Doherty, Steve Brooker, Alex Russell, David Noble, Adriano Basso - anyone like any of those players would make a difference.

I reckon that 9 would beat our current lot.

Basso

Orr -- -- Bell

Murray Doc Russell Tins

Noble

Brooker

No need for centre halfs , we'd only play 1 up top anyway !!!!!

I reckon that 9 would beat our current lot.

Basso

Orr -- -- Bell

Murray Doc Russell Tins

Noble

Brooker

No need for centre halfs , we'd only play 1 up top anyway !!!!!

They'd smash us. Noble's a better footballer than any of our current midfielders (bar Danns maybe, but he's only on loan), Brooker in his prime would destroy our hopeless defence, and that entire midfield would run rings around ours. Added to the fact these blokes would actually put their foot in and play with a bit of spirit and passion - they could play 9 against our 11 and they'd still win.

so many bad supporters on here, not supporting the team when they need it the most. I know they are playing bad because ive been to every game this season and still not once have i booed them, 'supporters' who boo them shouldn't bother turning up. all that i see from our supporters is negativity about the team, thats excatly what we need to boost our performances, fair enough to the supporters who still believe we can tun this around. CTID

This is why Bristol City FC have won f##k all ..

Your support is not in question and with the best of reasons you don't boo them but i'm sorry this gutless,spineless shower don't deserve that level of support...

Saturday for some reason i thought we would pick up a point a least then out comes the line-up not 1 forward with any goal threat ..

Kilkenny,Elliott and Fontaine still included 10 minutes into the match holding on already just waiting for the first Wolves goal...

We all know what happened people leaving before half-time others walking out who had never done so before we have taken 6 new people this season to 1 game or another not 1 will bother again ...

I have been following this club for nearly 40 years and this is the worst time I can remember . Sure we've had bad times and relegations but I don't recall such a long period of time with poor football and absolute nothing to get excited about . Even in dark days we have a had good cup runs or good runs but the cumulative effect of the last 3 years is really affecting the club . We may have been poor for one season but then the next season we turned it round. When we were poor under Osman we went on to knock Liverpool out of the cup, can you see this side doing something similar ?

Also the on going shambles with the new stadium really tops it off.

I now feel it time for me to walk away from this club , if the board , owner , manager and players are so inept and disinterested in this club what is really the point .

Also clinging on the fact that Rovers are even worst is taken the smallest crumb of comfort from a desperate situation .

We've had plenty of worse times - but most of those were in the pre-internet era when we had a good old moan after the match and then got on with our lives. Now we come on here and just prolong our misery until the next helping comes along. That's progress ......

Sorry, being in the 4th Division was the "worst time ever". No question, no argument, it just was.

I never saw it that way, I saw it as relief and pride and a new beginning, we still had a club and we were still in their fighting with an iconic manager. Their are absolutely precious memories from that period, none more so than our epic FA cup 2-1 win at Eastville 2nd round against the gas, coming back from 1-0 down. Terry Cooper had been so cruelly sacked as manager of the Rovers for no good reason at all and had taken over at BCFC, the scenes at the end of game celebrating with the players on the Muller Road end will stay with me for the rest of my life, it was for me it was the defining moment that we could one day regain our rightful position and be the top team in Bristol once more and a realisation that the pain we had endured was worthwhile and there was light at end of that very dark tunnel.

But the moment that still gets me emotional was Terry Cooper a player who had won everything at Leeds, had played in a world cup and at 39 years of age was jumping and dancing around with biggest smile on his energetic face (and bear in mind he played that day) heading off towards the dressing room and the gas crowd started to give him grief and with the smile still on his face, he waved to them, put his finger up and pointed to the City shirt in a defiant we are still the top team in Bristol. The evidence is below, ENJOY.

I never saw it that way, I saw it as relief and pride and a new beginning, we still had a club and we were still in their fighting with an iconic manager. Their are absolutely precious memories from that period, none more so than our epic FA cup 2-1 win at Eastville 2nd round against the gas, coming back from 1-0 down. Terry Cooper had been so cruelly sacked as manager of the Rovers for no good reason at all and had taken over at BCFC, the scenes at the end of game celebrating with the players on the Muller Road end will stay with me for the rest of my life, it was for me it was the defining moment that we could one day regain our rightful position and be the top team in Bristol once more and a realisation that the pain we had endured was worthwhile and there was light at end of that very dark tunnel.

But the moment that still gets me emotional was Terry Cooper a player who had won everything at Leeds, had played in a world cup and at 39 years of age was jumping and dancing around with biggest smile on his energetic face (and bear in mind he played that day) heading off towards the dressing room and the gas crowd started to give him grief and with the smile still on his face, he waved to them, put his finger up and pointed to the City shirt in a defiant we are still the top team in Bristol. The evidence is below, ENJOY.

Spot on EMB.

I've often wondered if it was just because I was younger or my memory blanks out the real bad times. But I agree with you, it was a real special time to be a supporter. I have real fond memories of so many games I went to in that era and although I don't go as often now it sounds like I'm not the only one who hasn't many special moments from the last 3 years.

We played football worth watching under TC, I know the crowds were rubbish but we still had great away support and some of them away days remain highlights of my life.

Spot on EMB.

I've often wondered if it was just because I was younger or my memory blanks out the real bad times. But I agree with you, it was a real special time to be a supporter. I have real fond memories of so many games I went to in that era and although I don't go as often now it sounds like I'm not the only one who hasn't many special moments from the last 3 years.

We played football worth watching under TC, I know the crowds were rubbish but we still had great away support and some of them away days remain highlights of my life.

Sorry to do this Ralph:- Lorient 1 - 0 Toulouse .

When you're in the basement you spend a lot of time worrying you could fall out the league entirely. Back then you were at the mery of the re-election process if you did!

Trust me, it was no happy time of taking on the footballing giants of Chesterfield, Wrexham and Newport County.

When you're in the basement you spend a lot of time worrying you could fall out the league entirely. Back then you were at the mery of the re-election process if you did!

Trust me, it was no happy time of taking on the footballing giants of Chesterfield, Wrexham and Newport County.

Again totally disagree (but that's why we all love football) and don't forget 2 of the 3 sides you mentioned we played on a regular basis in the 1st division and had a lot of miserable experiences against them.

When we droped down the divisions it was because we were skint and although we were dreadful at times it never felt like the players weren't trying to put things right (even though if failed big time) now if feels like we're paying a fortune to players and coaches who really couldn't give a rats arse what happens.

Well said, sir! This is the ldlest, laziest, most uncomitted team I've seen in over fifty years (although I believe that the Doherty era just before that was equally as bad).

Again totally disagree (but that's why we all love football) and don't forget 2 of the 3 sides you mentioned we played on a regular basis in the 1st division and had a lot of miserable experiences against them.

Maybe it's that I remember the pre-82 era better - it was such a come down and BCFC were a national joke.

I remember Not The Nine O'Clock News doing a spoof news item about Lord Lucan being found playing centre-back at Bristol City ["a lonely spot, not frequented by the general public"]. Lucan of course was hoping the utter anonymity of playing for us would allow him to lead a quiet life.

Crowds in the low thousands (and it wasn't even anywhere near as expensive then!) and a slow slog back from the time when we were bottom of the entire league pyramid.

I'm certainly not saying I hated all the Cooper era. I'm saying I felt lower when we dropped to the 4th and hit rock bottom in that first season there before clawing our way to about mid-table. Torquay, Bury and Halifax had better sides than us.

Trust me, it was depressing.

Spot on EMB.

No single individual has done more for the club than TC, and I include John Atyeo and Harry Dolman in that.

He put his own money, ability and management skills into a club that was dead in the water, and turned it round. The fact that he got the boot from the Gas made it all the sweeter ;)

Chairman, director, player and captain and, AFAIK, the only one ever. He deserves more recognition than he ever got - Terry Cooper Stand, anyone?

:city:

Maybe it's that I remember the pre-82 era better - it was such a come down and BCFC were a national joke.

I remember Not The Nine O'Clock News doing a spoof news item about Lord Lucan being found playing centre-back at Bristol City ["a lonely spot, not frequented by the general public"]. Lucan of course was hoping the utter anonymity of playing for us would allow him to lead a quiet life.

Crowds in the low thousands (and it wasn't even anywhere near as expensive then!) and a slow slog back from the time when we were bottom of the entire league pyramid.

I'm certainly not saying I hated all the Cooper era. I'm saying I felt lower when we dropped to the 4th and hit rock bottom in that first season there before clawing our way to about mid-table. Torquay, Bury and Halifax had better sides than us.

Trust me, it was depressing.

Trust me, it wasn't depressing for me, however the Osman, Lumsden, Wilson and Millen periods were for me.

PS:-Just a thought here, you might be aware that in a kennel where say hunting dogs are kenneled, all of the bitches come into season all at the same time, is it possible that the lady boys in our dressing room have hit by the same phenomena? would explain a lot.

Togetherness was when we were winning, it all changes when we start losing.

When TC was in charge there was a feeling of being all in it together, we had hit rock bottom and it couldn't get any worse.

The season we got promoted out of the 4th was the best feeling I've ever had as a City fan (Liverpool in the cup comes a close second) because us fans were so tight knit and could handle anything anyone threw at us.

We had just endured 3 or 4 seasons of the kind that NO other group of fans has ever gone through. Going up at Chester felt like winning the Champions league to me.

We terrorised a few places as well ;)

When TC was in charge there was a feeling of being all in it together, we had hit rock bottom and it couldn't get any worse.

The season we got promoted out of the 4th was the best feeling I've ever had as a City fan (Liverpool in the cup comes a close second) because us fans were so tight knit and could handle anything anyone threw at us.

We had just endured 3 or 4 seasons of the kind that NO other group of fans has ever gone through. Going up at Chester felt like winning the Champions league to me.

I was at Reading, I think TC actually came on the terrace to calm it down !

Agreed that was a great season, I also enjoyed the 2nd half of the season before which is when you could see the promotion team emerging. Bringing Tom Ritchie back was a masterstroke. Still think Economou should have played more though !

You sum it well Bill, exactly my feelings.

Although Red Robbo believes it be his worst memory I don't believe many if any will subscribe to that, because even though the threat of the conference was always ever present, at least we still had OUR club, whatever league we were in and that nearly wasn't the case, that is why AFC Wimbledon will always have a special place in my heart, because even though everybody connected with football sold those fans down the river they never gave up and neither did we.

Sorry to do this Ralph:- Lorient 1 - 0 Toulouse .

Didn't I tell you, I've switched my support to Montpelier?

CHAMPIONS!!!

If only changing from City was that easy ;)

Edit: I just remembered. Lorient beat Montpelier back in August.......I'm with Joey Barton...."French football eez boring"

You sum it well Bill, exactly my feelings.

Although Red Robbo believes it be his worst memory I don't believe many if any will subscribe to that, because even though the threat of the conference was always ever present, at least we still had OUR club, whatever league we were in and that nearly wasn't the case, that is why AFC Wimbledon will always have a special place in my heart, because even though everybody connected with football sold those fans down the river they never gave up and neither did we.

Spot on Esmond, strangely It was Wimbledon we beat 4-2 ( Glyn Riley hat trick) when I think we were bottom of the 4th.

Only about 4.5k in the ground, but it felt like 20k.

Archived