IGNORED

Worst Times Ever

bs3

When TC was in charge there was a feeling of being all in it together, we had hit rock bottom and it couldn't get any worse.

The season we got promoted out of the 4th was the best feeling I've ever had as a City fan (Liverpool in the cup comes a close second) because us fans were so tight knit and could handle anything anyone threw at us.

We had just endured 3 or 4 seasons of the kind that NO other group of fans has ever gone through. Going up at Chester felt like winning the Champions league to me.

We terrorised a few places as well ;)

It's a shame more City fans weren't at Chester that day, it would be hard to match it for the sheer mixture of emotions that we felt. It will live in my memory 'til the day I die, that's how promotion should be won, last day of the season, a bank holiday Monday, a defeat and you're staying put, a win and you're promoted and the last few dark years can well and truly be put behind you.

No single individual has done more for the club than TC, and I include John Atyeo and Harry Dolman in that.

He put his own money, ability and management skills into a club that was dead in the water, and turned it round. The fact that he got the boot from the Gas made it all the sweeter ;)

Chairman, director, player and captain and, AFAIK, the only one ever. He deserves more recognition than he ever got - Terry Cooper Stand, anyone?

:city:

And not only was he good at all the above, he was a bloody decent bloke too.

I can remember seeing him in Bristol some time after he had left the club, he was so happy to come over and talk about City and he said they would always be, along with Leeds, the first scores he looked out for on a Saturday afternoon.

I'd give anything to see him running with the ball out of defence, nobody getting near the ball that seemed to be stuck to his foot, with those big baggy shorts, in the days when Glyn Riley's shorts were like a pair of budgie smugglers.

Didn't I tell you, I've switched my support to Montpelier?

CHAMPIONS!!!

If only changing from City was that easy ;)

Edit: I just remembered. Lorient beat Montpelier back in August.......I'm with Joey Barton...."French football eez boring"

Montpelier? Isn't that where the hippies live?

Archived