IGNORED

20 Reasons Why L1 Is Better

barry_mack

We will be at our level in terms of stadia, infrastructure, fans etc.

We will be at our level in terms of the football played.

It will mean we are 1 step closer to a Bristol derby.

We will be able to celebrate goals and wins again.

It will get rid of 90% of the morons on here who are just here because they are glory supporters.

If we lose the morons, we can go back to being a nicely close knit community, as opposed to the hostile environment we have seen over the last 5 years.

We will be able to clear out the squad so that Delboy can finally put the groundwork in and create his own team.

It will finally put an end to this new stadium nonsense.

We might be able to get some momentum and do a Southampton.

Lansdown will realise it's shit or bust in this industry, probably making him want to up sticks and write off his debts.

Fontaine will leave meaning we can move on to our next scapegoat (£10 says it's Nyatanga).

Ticket prices might go down.

We will get less media coverage, so won’t lose any of our unearthed diamonds to the big boys.

We will be a less attractive proposition, so will get less of the new breed of moron fans.

We will be able to look back on our hayday of 2007-2012.

We might be able to get GJ back.

It will get rid of 90% of the morons on here who are just here because they are glory supporters.

If we lose the morons, we can go back to being a nicely close knit community, as opposed to the hostile environment we have seen over the last 5 years.

We will be able to clear out the squad so that Delboy can finally put the groundwork in and create his own team.

Lansdown will realise it's shit or bust in this industry, probably making him want to up sticks and write off his debts.

Fontaine will leave meaning we can move on to our next scapegoat (£10 says it's Nyatanga).

We will get less media coverage, so won’t lose any of our unearthed diamonds to the big boys.

We will be a less attractive proposition, so will get less of the new breed of moron fans.

Wow, how predictable, the first two responses are from the two kids without a life who live on here, who are part of these two:

"It will get rid of 90% of the morons on here who are just here because they are glory supporters.

If we lose the morons, we can go back to being a nicely close knit community, as opposed to the hostile environment we have seen over the last 5 years."

That's not 20 reasons.

Wow, how predictable, the first two responses are from the two kids without a life who live on here, who are part of these two:

"It will get rid of 90% of the morons on here who are just here because they are glory supporters.

If we lose the morons, we can go back to being a nicely close knit community, as opposed to the hostile environment we have seen over the last 5 years."

I've been a City fan all my life, my father worked for the club in 1982. And it's very ironic you call me a moron...

On the other hand Esmond has supported the club for over 50 years.

The only moron around here is the one who wants his team to be relegated... You're everything that's wrong with this club. Glory hunters? Pahahaha. ******.

Not much of an advantage having loads of players on Championship wage structure while we play to 9,000 L1 crowds. It would be a financial catastrophe for the club.

you would strenuously hope that all contracts have built in reductions (say 25% to 40%) in the event of relegation, but i do fear this may not be the case

1. We will be at our level in terms of stadia, infrastructure, fans etc.

2. We will be at our level in terms of the football played.

3.It will mean we are 1 step closer to a Bristol derby.

4.We will be able to celebrate goals and wins again.

5. It will get rid of 90% of the morons on here who are just here because they are glory supporters.

6. If we lose the morons, we can go back to being a nicely close knit community, as opposed to the hostile environment we have seen over the last 5 years.

7. We will be able to clear out the squad so that Delboy can finally put the groundwork in and create his own team.

8. It will finally put an end to this new stadium nonsense.

9. We might be able to get some momentum and do a Southampton.

10. Lansdown will realise it's shit or bust in this industry, probably making him want to up sticks and write off his debts.

11. Fontaine will leave meaning we can move on to our next scapegoat (£10 says it's Nyatanga).

12. Ticket prices might go down.

13. We will get less media coverage, so won’t lose any of our unearthed diamonds to the big boys.

14. We will be a less attractive proposition, so will get less of the new breed of moron fans.

15. We will be able to look back on our hayday of 2007-2012.

16. We might be able to get GJ back.

1. We will be at our level in terms of stadia, infrastructure, fans etc.

2. We will be at our level in terms of the football played.

3.It will mean we are 1 step closer to a Bristol derby.

4.We will be able to celebrate goals and wins again.

5. It will get rid of 90% of the morons on here who are just here because they are glory supporters.

6. If we lose the morons, we can go back to being a nicely close knit community, as opposed to the hostile environment we have seen over the last 5 years.

7. We will be able to clear out the squad so that Delboy can finally put the groundwork in and create his own team.

8. It will finally put an end to this new stadium nonsense.

9. We might be able to get some momentum and do a Southampton.

10. Lansdown will realise it's shit or bust in this industry, probably making him want to up sticks and write off his debts.

11. Fontaine will leave meaning we can move on to our next scapegoat (£10 says it's Nyatanga).

12. Ticket prices might go down.

13. We will get less media coverage, so won’t lose any of our unearthed diamonds to the big boys.

14. We will be a less attractive proposition, so will get less of the new breed of moron fans.

15. We will be able to look back on our hayday of 2007-2012.

16. We might be able to get GJ back.

Jesus H Christ. Number one clearly has 3 points, and number 12 could go either way so is effictively 2 points. :facepalm:

I've been a City fan all my life, my father worked for the club in 1982. And it's very ironic you call me a moron...

On the other hand Esmond has supported the club for over 50 years.

The only moron around here is the one who wants his team to be relegated... You're everything that's wrong with this club. Glory hunters? Pahahaha. ******.

Wow. You might want to get a grasp on the handle of what is ironic and what isn't. You argueing that there is not a hostile environment by acting the **** doesn't really work.

And your claim to fame is that your Dad worked for the club in our darkest days. What was he, one of the lawyers that tried to take us down? Your type make me sick and YOU'RE everything that's wrong with this club.

Although of course I don't want to see my team get relegated, but surely some people do have a quick think and say being a decent league 1 team is better than being the wigan of the championship?

If we actually were the Wigan of the championship I'd be delighted. Cracking football, good results, good manager and no spiralling debts or over paid pussys!

I like Wigan.

Although of course I don't want to see my team get relegated, but surely some people do have a quick think and say being a decent league 1 team is better than being the wigan of the championship?

How do you actually know we will be a decent league 1 team?, are you clairvoyant?, it's total and utter nonsense, we could just as easily be as bad in league 1 as we are in the championship, get a grip.

Wow. You might want to get a grasp on the handle of what is ironic and what isn't. You argueing that there is not a hostile environment by acting the **** doesn't really work.

And your claim to fame is that your Dad worked for the club in our darkest days. What was he, one of the lawyers that tried to take us down? Your type make me sick and YOU'RE everything that's wrong with this club.

Stupid people make me laugh :) excessively stupid people, such as yourself make me worry. You have a vote in elections FFS!

It's not a claim to fame, it's conclusive proof that you're wrong (it wasn't needed of course.) about me being a glory hunter.

You'll have to explain that too, glory hunter at Bristol City? Silly boy.

Also, claiming hostility at the club is a problem and then throwing insults around... Silly boy.

How do you actually know we will be a decent league 1 team?, are you clairvoyant?, it's total and utter nonsense, we could just as easily be as bad in league 1 as we are in the championship, get a grip.

I don,t know, but there's more of a chance being a good football team in league 1 rather then the championship, which is obviously a too higher level for this club.

I don,t know, but there's more of a chance being a good football team in league 1 rather then the championship, which is obviously a too higher level for this club.

Just ask gas fans if they thought the same about getting relegated and being a good team. it is a total and utter nonsense notion, most of his 'reasons' are not even 'reasons' they are consequences.

As somebody who started going again (after a break in exile) in 1995 after we'd been relegated I am a contrarian on this instead view the worst thing for the club is year after year of relegation struggles.

Dario Gradi who consistently over-achieved with Crewe would some years, when they had an injury crisis or had sold and not replaced their best players because the money on the table was too good to refuse, accept that they were going down and look to the next season. No panic buys or emergency loans, just look at getting a good squad ready for a promotion challenge the next year.

Relegation, if handled correctly by the management, can be a good thing for a club for many of the reasons that Barry says. Overall we woudl be in better shape if we went:

2012/13 down

2013/14 promoted

2014/15 challenging for play-offs

than if we go;

2102/13 relegation struggle

2013/14 relegation struggle

2014/15 relegation struggle

I'd rather stay up of course, but as it stands another few years of the form we have shown this season will be worse for the club long term than the drop.

As somebody who started going again (after a break in exile) in 1995 after we'd been relegated I am a contrarian on this instead view the worst thing for the club is year after year of relegation struggles.

Dario Gradi who consistently over-achieved with Crewe would some years, when they had an injury crisis or had sold and not replaced their best players because the money on the table was too good to refuse, accept that they were going down and look to the next season. No panic buys or emergency loans, just look at getting a good squad ready for a promotion challenge the next year.

Relegation, if handled correctly by the management, can be a good thing for a club for many of the reasons that Barry says. Overall we woudl be in better shape if we went:

2012/13 down

2013/14 promoted

than if we go;

I'd rather stay up of course, but as it stands another few years of the form we have shown this season will be worse for the club long term than the drop.

And on the other hand, between 1999 and 2006... I can't deal with that shit again! I will of course, but god!!!

Exactly. Don't think for one second we'd retain Albert or Davies or Baldock in L1. Our team would be a shadow of itself (and it ain't great now!)

2012/13 down

2013/14 promoted

than if we go;

Once more what are the guarantees of your scenario?, do you really want to risk another 7 years in that shithole?, financially it would be a disaster, although it looks as if it's a probability it's unthinkable.

We will be able to look back on oWe mighur hayday of 2007-2012.

t be able to get GJ back.

Thats a good reason for staying up then...

Archived