IGNORED

City Vs Derby Match Thread

East end Forever

pfft. Still no clean sheet then.

Lou Peters, I saw your forum name and couldn't stop thinking about little Lou, my main memory of Lou is he had an incredibly high pitched voice and used to scream 'give me the ball, give me the ball' virtually for the whole 90 minutes. I remember one particular game where in the second half Lou was on the left wing in front of the old popular stand (now the Dolman) and struggling against a particularly rugged full back and on one attempted run somebody in the enclosure at the front of the stand shouted out 'hey Lou do you want a rolo'? as Lou ran past him, about 5/10 minutes later the ball went out for a throw and Lou walked over to retrieve the ball and was given a rolo by the said guy, Lou walked away eating his prize to a lot of laughter.

Lou Peters, I saw your forum name and couldn't stop thinking about little Lou, my main memory of Lou is he had an incredibly high pitched voice and used to scream 'give me the ball, give me the ball' virtually for the whole 90 minutes. I remember one particular game where in the second half Lou was on the left wing in front of the old popular stand (now the Dolman) and struggling against a particularly rugged full back and on one attempted run somebody in the enclosure at the front of the stand shouted out 'hey Lou do you want a rolo'? as Lou ran past him, about 5/10 minutes later the ball went out for a throw and Lou walked over to retrieve the ball and was given a rolo by the said guy, Lou walked away eating his prize to a lot of laughter.

Lou Peters! There's a blast from the past. Not that quick or skilful, but an excellent crosser of the ball, which was useful with Atyeo and Clark up front :)

Never understood a player returning from injury being sat on the bench - if he's fit enough play him, if hes not fit enough, why would you risk wasting a substitution bringing on a still injured/unfit player ?

Maybe he's only fit to play half an hour?

Thanks for that bit of info about Lou, he was indeed a character. Don't see his type anymore.

My overiding memory is of him running down the left wing cutting into the penalty area and then

diving full length arms stretched out in front trying to get a penalty. Hence my forum name.

Shadow Williams christened him Lou After Lou Costello (Hey, AAABOTTT)

Always remember he had a rediculously wide number eleven, nearly on his arms !

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="lou-peters-dive" data-cid="1681293" data-time="1355583599"><p>

<br />

Thanks for that bit of info about Lou, he was indeed a character. Don't see his type anymore.<br />

My overiding memory is of him running down the left wing cutting into the penalty area and then<br />

diving full length arms stretched out in front trying to get a penalty. Hence my forum name.</p></blockquote>

Don't say that, es doesn't like divers! ;)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="lou-peters-dive" data-cid="1681293" data-time="1355583599"><p>

<br />

Thanks for that bit of info about Lou, he was indeed a character. Don't see his type anymore.<br />

My overiding memory is of him running down the left wing cutting into the penalty area and then<br />

diving full length arms stretched out in front trying to get a penalty. Hence my forum name.</p></blockquote>

Don't say that, es doesn't like divers! ;)

i'm sure he slipped, could happen to anybody.

Winston Churchill described Russia as a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. Fortunately, he didn't have to ponder Del's team selections.

It was Russia he was talking about.. had that discussion only yesterday and neither of us could recall what Church was talking about.. we ended up thinking it was him talking about himself.. he was certainly big enough and bold 3 enough to get that wrapped. :laugh:.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Esmond Million's Bung" data-cid="1681299" data-time="1355584154"><p>

<br />

i'm sure he slipped, could happen to anybody.</p></blockquote>

Hope he didn't belly flop, that looks so amateurish.

Archived