IGNORED

City Vs Derby Match Thread

East end Forever

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="herman" data-cid="1681483" data-time="1355590281"><p>

john lansdown confirmed this at the Q&A night, that the contracts do have relegation deductions in them - or what he actually said was that when you agree a contract, you agrree an amount for the NPC, for L1 and for the PL. he didnt actually say that the L1 amount was lower, but you'd have to assume it is</p></blockquote>

Thanks Herman.

I guess these levels were all set before ffp anyway, so possibly irrelevant to that new hurdle.

The twitter feed suggests a bit of late improvement from us, or is that just one sided reporting?

Just what I thought - sounds like we could've won it 3-2 if the last few are correct:

- Poor defending by Derby but Baldock can't make them pay as his shot dribbles wide of the post. #BristolCity 0-2 Derby

- Five minutes added on. #BristolCity

- Davies knock down to Adomah whose fierce volley is pushed away by Legzdins. #BristolCity 0-2 Derby

- Stead has a shot from distance but it's comfortably saved by Legzdins. Three to play. #BristolCity 0-2 Derby

- Coutts' shot from distance never troubles Heaton in the City goal. 82 minutes gone here and the score is still #BristolCity 0-2 Derby

- Moments later Adomah's looping cross finds Fontaine at the back post but somehow Legzdins keeps it out. This is better by#BristolCity

- Davies curling effort is saved by Legzdins.

I'll say it every week when i hear of his level of performance.... How on earth does Del put Fonts on the team sheet let alone make him Capitani? Clearly he feels his position as manager is not in question. Fonts has been shite for a long time now.. it beggars belief.

Its just criminal and i cant believe its gone on for this long

+1, like I said how does it make sense on any level to pay for D.Wilson to sit on the bench, makes you wonder what fonts has got on Del!

I reckon FAULTaine has photos of del and lansdown in revealing positions, i.e del hanging out the back of lansdown and FAULtaine is saying drop me and i go to the press

Well one poster on here claimed that DMC had improved us scoring goals (not today) and had improved the defence, really? and that there was no problem whatsoever with the midfield, I wonder what he will have to say about todays performance.

Well we leaked 4 last time at home :whistle: .....mind you we didnt score either

"Elliott looking very poor today, to think he was knocking on the door of the Premiership a couple of seasons ago"

"Team look devoid of ideas, playing the ball backwards again, fans boo again - not happy"

"Derby looking to just not take risk, a poor 2nd half but at two up they will be happy to let City have the ball"

"Bristol simply not have the quality to break the Derby defence down"

Listening to the same (I live in Derby) - the commentators are practically taking the p!$$, although very easy with our performances this season. Wish they'd stop calling us "Bristol".

Anyway, not good enough Dell. The Wednesday win was simply lucky, but this one sounds lik eour continual bad form. We're going down if it stays like this......

Well one poster on here claimed that DMC had improved us scoring goals (not today) and had improved the defence, really? and that there was no problem whatsoever with the midfield, I wonder what he will have to say about todays performance.

How about.. 'playing like that we should be able to keep out the frightening strike force of Hartlepool next season' ? I say that knowing full well we will NOT be playing the Pool next season.. if only we had that luxury.. they will also be going down.

Match roundup by Derby commentators

"Only side playing football and that was Derby"

"Both very good goals"

"nice to see midfielders scoring"

"City had a few chances, Legzdins made 2-3 good saves today, he's done an excellent job"

"Derby being/playing as a team with no individuals standing out"

NIgel Clough interview

"Outstanding 1st half team display, just holding on the 2nd half, looking to nick the 3rd one"

"Playing with just 1 upfront, vital to get the support, thought Salmon played well... midfield fit, so knocked it around and paid off"

"Thought we should have been ahead before our first goal"

"nice to have clean sheet for once"

"clean sheet, 3 points, can't ask for more"

Listening to the same (I live in Derby) - the commentators are practically taking the p!$$, although very easy with our performances this season. Wish they'd stop calling us "Bristol".

Anyway, not good enough Dell. The Wednesday win was simply lucky, but this one sounds lik eour continual bad form. We're going down if it stays like this......

Yeah they made a lot of joking comments - the Adomah going on the run, maybe they should open the stadium gates so he can continue :photo:

POSSESSION (%)
45 BCFC
55 Derby
SHOTS ON TARGET
7 BCFC
7 Derby
SHOTS OFF TARGET
5 BCFC
3 Derby
CORNERS
4 BCFC
6 Derby
Stats really tell a different story than the actual match. Shows how narrow these games can be from diabolical to gritty win,

Archived