IGNORED

Fellaini

Esmond Million's Bung

Big respect for Moyes:

q "In the second half Fallaini appeared to headbutt Ryan Shawcross, what's your view on that?"

a "Yeah, you're right, and he deserves to get the punishment whatever is handed out to him. I've seen it and it's a terrible thing to do and I would expect him to be punished for that".

Ferguson, Wenger, and the rest of the bollockless no marks who didn't see it and can't ever admit when their players are in the wrong, take note. That's integrity.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="DaveF" data-cid="1682207" data-time="1355621435"><p>

I've got a lot of time for Moyes and Everton, definitely one of the most likeable clubs in the prem.<br />

<br />

Fellani is a fantastic player, very surprised to see him do that as he normally seems quite mild mannered!</p></blockquote>Not really, he gets booked every other game.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Nibor" data-cid="1682198" data-time="1355619069"><p>

Big respect for Moyes:<br />

<br />

q "In the second half Fallaini appeared to headbutt Ryan Shawcross, what's your view on that?"<br />

<br />

a "Yeah, you're right, and he deserves to get the punishment whatever is handed out to him. I've seen it and it's a terrible thing to do and I would expect him to be punished for that".<br />

<br />

Ferguson, Wenger, and the rest of the bollockless no marks who didn't see it and can't ever admit when their players are in the wrong, take note. That's integrity.</p></blockquote>Maybe they are the best two current managers in the country for a reason? Take Mourinho when he was here (in England) also, creating the siege mentality always created winning teams. What is said to the media and then said to the individual can be entirely different. Just a thought.

he was very wrong to do what he did but given the defender was literally hanging on to him with both arms from behind on more than one occasion,you can sort of understand where the frustration started. no excuse for the violence i agree but can see why he was getting pissed off.

would like to see some similar tactics from our lot against peterborough,ought to go out there,win the game early then bring on morris,anderson and wilson to break a few legs.they might aswell sit out on a ban as opposed to just making up the squad

he was very wrong to do what he did but given the defender was literally hanging on to him with both arms from behind on more than one occasion,you can sort of understand where the frustration started. no excuse for the violence i agree but can see why he was getting pissed off.

would like to see some similar tactics from our lot against peterborough,ought to go out there,win the game early then bring on morris,anderson and wilson to break a few legs.they might aswell sit out on a ban as opposed to just making up the squad

Your blaming the wrong person for the WWE wrestling, the defenders do it because referees and the authorities allow them to do it, it appears to have become a legitimate form defending.

it's difficult to defend what fellaini did, but he should have had three penaltys.

i'm all for defemders being strong, but bear hugging a player in the box should be stamped out.

the first headbutt from fellaini was wrong, but the next headbutt and elbow shawcross was an the process of massively fouling him at the same time.

the referee missed all these blatent penaltys and even on the last one gave a freekick the other way.

i can understand fellaini getting frustrated its just he didn't do it in the right way and will rightly get a ban, its just a shame that we cant go back in time and award some penaltys.

Totally agree.

But there appears to be no criticism of Shacross whatsoever.

Why do refs allow defenders to get away with it so much these days?

Same thing with grabbing handfulls of shirt, yet jump in the air with a goalkeeper and you're penalised!!!

Totally agree.

But there appears to be no criticism of Shacross whatsoever.

Why do refs allow defenders to get away with it so much these days?

Same thing with grabbing handfulls of shirt, yet jump in the air with a goalkeeper and you're penalised!!!

As I said earlier you are blaming the wrong person, the referees and authorities have allowed it to become part of the game, blame them.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="TRL" data-cid="1682271" data-time="1355652045"><p>

Fellani mild mannered? The bloke hands out 2 or 3 elbows a match, he is one of the most dirty players in the game, sneaky as well.</p></blockquote>

Mild mannered in the sense he rarely loses his cool unlike last night! For such a dirty player he doesn't get booked that often, about once every three games isn't too bad for a centre mid!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="DaveF" data-cid="1682310" data-time="1355655659"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="TRL" data-cid="1682271" data-time="1355652045"><p><br />

Fellani mild mannered? The bloke hands out 2 or 3 elbows a match, he is one of the most dirty players in the game, sneaky as well.</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

Mild mannered in the sense he rarely loses his cool unlike last night! For such a dirty player he doesn't get booked that often, about once every three games isn't too bad for a centre mid!</p></blockquote>

Yeah, never understood it, the bloke has a pretty good disciplinary record, which flys in the face of what he does on the pitch, the stamps and elbows he gets away with are unbelievable.

As its well outside of the rules and no reasonable person could ever excuse it within the 'heat of the moment' I'd call it assault. Its got no more a place in football than in snooker, and we'd call it assault if Steve Davis headbutted John Higgins between frames.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="CotswoldRed" data-cid="1682862" data-time="1355737417"><p>

As its well outside of the rules and no reasonable person could ever excuse it within the 'heat of the moment' I'd call it assault. Its got no more a place in football than in snooker, and we'd call it assault if Steve Davis headbutted John Higgins between frames.</p></blockquote>

No better than Duncan Ferguson, who got jail time.

I think Joey Barton will be looking closely at what punishment is meted out. If it's much less than he got he won't be happy.

On another note, I keep having a recurring dream where David Moyes has taken Everton as far as he can and decides he has unfinished business at City, having been turned down in favour of Tony Pulis, and becomes our next manager.

Please come true :)

I think Joey Barton will be looking closely at what punishment is meted out. If it's much less than he got he won't be happy.

On another note, I keep having a recurring dream where David Moyes has taken Everton as far as he can and decides he has unfinished business at City, having been turned down in favour of Tony Pulis, and becomes our next manager.

Ah well we can all dream, by the way Lorient 4 straight wins nil conceded up to 4th Allez les merlus.

Ah well we can all dream, by the way Lorient 4 straight wins nil conceded up to 4th Allez les merlus.

Champions league coming to Brittany next season! Expect Wenger will be paying a visit soon to see who he can take back to the Emirates.

Champions league coming to Brittany next season! Expect Wenger will be paying a visit soon to see who he can take back to the Emirates.

Well he and Lorient's coach Gorcuff are already big buddies, there are 2 or 3 ex Arse youngsters on Lorient's books and Arse signed Konselny from them, You can see the similarity in the style the clubs play,check out Alain Traore goals on youtube, this guy dosen't do tap in's a nice free transfer from Auxerre, will eventually go for huge money.

Gorcuff has also become probably the first manager to get Jeremie Aliadeire (former Arse and middlesborough) playing consistently 7 goals in 10 games this season.

Totally agree with some of the comments re defending in general these days

Yes Fellaini was wrong to do what he did but the FA will not see it go unpunished, mybe the second headbutt and elbow swing will go unpunished.

Shawcross won the battle, he wound MF up, it's cheating holding players, because it's in the penalty area, referees deem a penalty too harsher punishment. They are as bad as each other, Fallaini flipped and has apologised - I don't respect him for it though (flipping, not apologising)

Nobody really cares if Joey Barton's happy or not but if I recall, he was sent off for violent conduct and then followed up with more violent conduct - effectively two (or three?) offences.

Archived