IGNORED

Match Thread. Tractor Boys Vs City

Tom

FT

THAT WILL DO!!!!

I would agree but being as we've dropped down and are now 2 points behind both Wednesday and Barnsley I'd say it really won't do. When we're in this situation only wins will do, and a good few of them. Based on Ipswichs position in the table and ours it's a game we need to win. I can't honestly see us turning this around when we have two proven goalscorers and when we only play one up front we play neither.

I've had enough this season, I'll be happy when the season finally ends and we go down as at least it'll be over and done with.

And precisely what influence do we have over other results? If I'd been offered that result before the game I'd have bitten their hands off.

Yes, ok I see where you are coming from. What I'm saying is we haven't won at home for a while so we really need to start winning games because if we lose boxing day and those around us win we will start to get cut off. If we get some decent results at home, then the point will be worth - if not then we are back where we started.

So the fact we're in the shit even more before today's game, a point was good enough?

No chance.

No I'm just saying statistically it's more difficult to win away, home form is more important. I think our next home games are probably must win

So you're happy then they were are second bottom considering our home form? We both have our opinions ......

I didn't say I was happy with the position. I said I was happy with the result. And I am.

I was certain we'd be stuffed. I'm exceedingly grateful for the point. One game at a time, OK.

I didn't say I was happy with the position. I said I was happy with the result. And I am.

I was certain we'd be stuffed. I'm exceedingly grateful for the point. One game at a time, OK.

Fair enough ...... if we beat Watford on Boxing day (that's a big if) then the point could be helpful but at the moment we now have to win on Wednesday and hope those around us don't - meaning it's not in our own hands

Quite so.

We can't do anything about how others are playing - only how we are. If McInnes had shown a bit more aggressive intent, who knows, we'd have probably taken this game and kept above the drop zone. Stead can work as hard as he likes, if he can't convert chances he shouldn't be leading our line.

Away form now fine. We usually lose at Ipswich so despite other results, it is a reasonable point.

However we must beat Peterborough and hopefully take at least a point off Watford. If the home form doesn't pick up from now on, we could be cut off as everyone is picking up points at the bottom.

Good point, but just as important what sounds like a good solid team performance with plenty of chances created by a determined and organised City team..

We seemingly outplayed Ipswich on their own turf and were never in real danger of losing.

You can't ask for much more than that. - quite encouraging I reckon.

Good point, but just as important what sounds like a good solid team performance with plenty of chances created by a determined and organised City team..

We seemingly outplayed Ipswich on their own turf and were never in real danger of losing.

positivity - need plenty of it - spot on !!

Horace couldn't have put that better himself ;)

Don't see how people can be too disappointed, everyone would have took an away draw against one of our rivals who have been in decent form. We can't affect other results and any point away from home in our position is a good point. It's our home form that needs to be drastically improved and atleast 4 points in our next 2 home games and this result will be seen as a good point. Was anyone EXPECTING an away win today?!?!

Dont think we have won in Ipswich since 1978 so 1point is good Imo. If we should avoid relegation we have to win home as all of us says. We have all teams at home who are fighting in the zone. Posh, SW, Barnsley, Ipswich, Birmingham and even Hudds. Dont know their score today. We have it in our owns hands, we can not relay in other results. Think we will make it. As I understand Mcmanus was very good and think Cunningham and Skuse make the team better. COYR!

Archived