IGNORED

Match Thread. Tractor Boys Vs City

Tom

Real disappointment today to find those below us all won. I was pleased though watching City's performance.

A few years ago Basso always kicked clearances to his right. Today heaton distributed the ball evenly; left, right & centre. He even looked to find someone who was unmarked.

The defence did not hoof the ball clear, but actually played it out. A bit alarming at times, but it shows we o have footballers in the team.

City appeared to be playing 4-5-1 with Stead being the 1. Albert A breaking down the right wing though had a good time v the Ipswich defence due to his speed & ball control. It also meant that in an instant City switched to 4-4-2 when attacking.

Coming out afterwards it was interesting listening to the homefans. "We was lucky, Bristol could have been out of sight after just half an hour". Another suggested that Jon S was trying too hard to score against his old club. A bit more relaxation and he could have hit two.

Worst performance of the day; the linesman with the yellow flag. A definite City throw in he awarded to Town. After that for the remainder of the game he waited for the Ref to give a decision before raising his flag.

In the 2nd half the attendance was announces as 17,000. The fans near me reckon there definitely wasn;t that many there and assume absent ST holders are all counted. The City following was officially 240, but in reality it was 242 as my brother & I were in the disabled block of their Bobby Robson stand, thus numbered amongst the home attendance.

Bravest performance of the day; the UpTown girls in those skimpy Santa dresses. For those who weren't there, their shoulders and most of their arms & legs were uncovered, but they still smiled & waved. as they circled the pitch at half time giving out pressies to kids near the front.

Two more observations from the game.

1.Siting amongst the Ipswich fans away to the right of you other City supporters, several times throughout the game you could all be clearly heard. "Drink up", "Red army" and so forth.

2, Their PA announcer is as cringeworthy as ever. Immediately beore the teams came out "Everybody in the stands get on your feet and make some noizzze for the tractor boyzzz" ThenwhenTownequalised; the scoreboard lit up and they play the do be oo, dobe doo tune to get the fans up & dancing.

Not usually negative, but Christ that is an awful team.

Tom Heaton - Well that's another clean sheet out the window. You can bet on Heaton letting one if not a few in this game.

Stead - We're clearly not going out to score today then. Stead won't score today.

I'm very happy to eat my words, so feel free to serve them up on a plate should we win today.

conceding goals isn't neccesarily the keeper's fault, he's been good this season and the only problem is that he doesn't come for crosses, other than that he's a very good keeper.

Archived