IGNORED

Fontaine A Disgrace, At Last Dropped!

coxyboy

I have been quiet on here regarding this suposed skipper of ours and about time he was axed.

I have spoke to sombody who deals with him and all he has gone on about the last month is that the Manager is all to blame, tactics are wrong and the players are not to blame, and that he will be sacked by end of January if things dont imrpove.

His own performances have been a disgrace as a player and captain. He does ont motivate or inspire his team and one million from Southampton a year ago would have been a good business.

Message to you Fonts if you read this. You are not fit to wear our red shirt and as a skipper your are a disgrace, players DO have to take some blame regarding recent results, and as a captain you are obliged to lead from the front. So if you hope Del Boy fails then so be it, but you wont be helping in the near future as your be getting splinters on your arse on the bench were you belong!!

I've heard similar things about his attitude, his form this season has been nothing short of disgraceful. He's been at the club for nearly seven years, he's played what must be over 250 games now, as a senior professional the way he conducts himself is appalling. What a shame he failed that medical at Southampton.

I've heard similar things about his attitude, his form this season has been nothing short of disgraceful. He's been at the club for nearly seven years, he's played what must be over 250 games now, as a senior professional the way he conducts himself is appalling. What a shame he failed that medical at Southampton.

I wonder whether that's clubspeak for 'they didn't like his attitude'?

If tactics are to blame then this idiot is one of the worst offenders.

Against Derby I watched him punt ball after ball just long in the vein hope something may happen.

I also recall him getting the ball towards him, absolutely nobody near him at all and all he did was just blindly head it high and forward back to the Derby backline to bring it down and actually play the ball to their man.

He has been, should i say, league 1 at best for most of this season. League 2 attitude.

Fontaine has struggled for form thats all. Nothing 'disgraceful' about it. It happens to all players and if his attitude has become questionable loss of form might be behind it.

I agree that he should have lost his place several games ago but that's down to McInnes.

Fontaine doesn't deserve all the spiteful abuse.

Fontaine has struggled for form thats all. Nothing 'disgraceful' about it. It happens to all players and if his attitude has become questionable loss of form might be behind it.

I agree that he should have lost his place several games ago but that's down to McInnes.

Gotta agree with my evil twin here.

McInnes did Fontaine no favours by playing him when he was making clanger after clanger. His confidence is probably seriously shot, and although he did bogger all as club captain, the responsibility of it did seem to un-nerve him.

Agreed. I can't believe the number of people on here that obviously spend most of their time with the players day in day out or are close to someone that does, don't get me wrong its great to find out whats going on behind the scenes but sometimes I think its better left untold.

At the end of the day, both Fontaines and Dels performances this season have been embarrassing, regardless of whether one has been on the pitch where as the other has been managing.

I personally wish both of them would **** off in January. They are both crap

In fairness to Del he is learning from his mistakes and we've seen our first home win in 4 months as a result! We all make mistakes, its how you learn from them that counts! for that he atleast deserves some credit.

In fairness to Del he is learning from his mistakes and we've seen our first home win in 4 months as a result! We all make mistakes, its how you learn from them that counts! for that he atleast deserves some credit.

we've won one game against one of the divisions poorest teams....I'll reserve judgement on whether he has learnt from his mistakes.

we've won one game against one of the divisions poorest teams....I'll reserve judgement on whether he has learnt from his mistakes.

But hes dropped frontaine as captain and benched him, thats 1 mistake hes learned from, hes playing Paul Anderson, thats mistake 2 learned from, hes playing Baldock more, thats mistake 3 learned, hes also decided on a system of play, thats mistake 4 learned... you cant say hes not learning, slowly, but he is starting to learn from his mistakes which will make him a better manager and us more successful. Wait and see where we are after january.

In the last season or so Fontaine form has dipped but before then I'd happy say he is easily championship standard and a good standard at that. He just needs a leader next to him in the mean time we have played just about every CB alongside Fontaine this season and it hasn't worked out . As others have said confidence just isn't there.

I think he can work his way back into the team , time will tell and I'm sure he'll get chances to prove himself especially if we stick with the three central defenders..

But hes dropped frontaine as captain and benched him, thats 1 mistake hes learned from, hes playing Paul Anderson, thats mistake 2 learned from, hes playing Baldock more, thats mistake 3 learned, hes also decided on a system of play, thats mistake 4 learned... you cant say hes not learning, slowly, but he is starting to learn from his mistakes which will make him a better manager and us more successful. Wait and see where we are after january.

sorry but this is mistakes he should not be making. We should have been building our team round players like Baldock a long time ago

Quite agree, some disgraceful comments and hearsay allowed to remain on here, they should be substantiated or removed.

I have spoken to Liam on only one occasion, while he was out injured last season and I found him to be polite and willing to talk.

He was truthful about the extent of his injury and when he hoped to return.

As an aside why was it that Fontaine was moved to RCB and McManus played nominally as the LCB?

Down to the manager presumably, as is team selection.

sorry but this is mistakes he should not be making. We should have been building our team round players like Baldock a long time ago

Yes, i agree, however we arn't in the position to keep sacking managers, so we need to stick with the one we have and hope he improves, which he is... we all make mistakes and Del is no different, as long as he LEARNS and IMPROVES then there really is no need to get rid.

Yes, i agree, however we arn't in the position to keep sacking managers, so we need to stick with the one we have and hope he improves, which he is... we all make mistakes and Del is no different, as long as he LEARNS and IMPROVES then there really is no need to get rid.

We don't keep sacking managers though. It's only Johnson and Millen that have been sacked in the past few years. McInnes needs to go if we are to have any chance of surviving.

Fonts has been one of our best defenders over the years, a key member of the promotion team and also the one that reached the play-off final. He should have been rested by the manager when his form dipped this season, it's not his fault he's been played every week. I fully expect him to come back an improved player after a few weeks off.

We don't keep sacking managers though. It's only Johnson and Millen that have been sacked in the past few years. McInnes needs to go if we are to have any chance of surviving.

Its easey to say he needs to go, which is would agree with IF he wasn't learning from his mistakes and we were in a financial position to take such drastic measures! its not just Del that would need to go, its his whole back room staff too... all we can do is focus on the positives and hope for better times ahead, its all we can realistically do.

I have been quiet on here regarding this suposed skipper of ours and about time he was axed.

I have spoke to sombody who deals with him and all he has gone on about the last month is that the Manager is all to blame, tactics are wrong and the players are not to blame, and that he will be sacked by end of January if things dont imrpove.

His own performances have been a disgrace as a player and captain. He does ont motivate or inspire his team and one million from Southampton a year ago would have been a good business.

Message to you Fonts if you read this. You are not fit to wear our red shirt and as a skipper your are a disgrace, players DO have to take some blame regarding recent results, and as a captain you are obliged to lead from the front. So if you hope Del Boy fails then so be it, but you wont be helping in the near future as your be getting splinters on your arse on the bench were you belong!!

I love how Fonts still gets slagged off despite not playing. Quite impressive.

Agreed. I can't believe the number of people on here that obviously spend most of their time with the players day in day out or are close to someone that does, don't get me wrong its great to find out whats going on behind the scenes but sometimes I think its better left untold.

I think most of it is utter bullshit

Archived