IGNORED

Fontaine A Disgrace, At Last Dropped!

coxyboy

But hes dropped frontaine as captain and benched him, thats 1 mistake hes learned from, hes playing Paul Anderson, thats mistake 2 learned from, hes playing Baldock more, thats mistake 3 learned, hes also decided on a system of play, thats mistake 4 learned... you cant say hes not learning, slowly, but he is starting to learn from his mistakes which will make him a better manager and us more successful. Wait and see where we are after january.

He has to start with the same line up at Millwall ( if there are no hidden injuries)

He has to learn not to change a winning team and give the players their confidence back.

Let other teams do the worrying about us

Del, stop fiddling with the team, you should know your best line up by now. Only you can get yourself sacked!

Fonts has been one of our best defenders over the years, a key member of the promotion team and also the one that reached the play-off final. He should have been rested by the manager when his form dipped this season, it's not his fault he's been played every week. I fully expect him to come back an improved player after a few weeks off.

Well said.

He has to start with the same line up at Millwall ( if there are no hidden injuries)

He has to learn not to change a winning team and give the players their confidence back.

Del, stop fiddling with the team, you should know your best line up by now. Only you can get yourself sacked!

I agree, that is 1 of his weaknesses that he needs to iron out, lets wait and see what the line up is against Millwall.

I think you will find the last two away wins were followed up by an unchanged team, and a home defeat. Keeping an unchanged team just because you have won isn't always the way to go. You should keep the core of the side the same, but adjust tactics, and therefore, maybe, a couple of players to counter the opposition, especially away from home.

He doesn't have to do either of those things, just because you feel that.

With the greatest respect, I'm not convinced he has to learn anything from you.

Different opposition sometimes demands different tactics/personnel.

There's an element of truth in that but I've felt for long time that McInnes puts too much emphasis on the opposition. He has changed tactics/formations far too many times in an effort to counter what the other team may/may not do.

Obviously with injuries changes are sometimes enforced but I'd rather City let the opposition worry about us.

and that my friend is where he is going wrong, he enjoys trying different formations with what ever players,

and where are we in the table???

Playing to stop a teams strengths takes our strength away from us that has been proved on so many occaisions this season.

He might not learn from ME, but sooner or later he better from someone or bye bye.

As i said play a winning team with the least amount of changes, let others worry about us.

There's an element of truth in that but I've felt for long time that McInnes puts too much emphasis on the opposition. He has changed tactics/formations far too many times in an effort to counter what the other team may/may not do.

Obviously with injuries changes are sometimes enforced but I'd rather City let the opposition worry about us.

So would I, if we had the quality of player like Chelski for example, but unfortunately we don't. So at the moment I think it somewhat naive to use that oft quoted expression. It's the same as "always pick your best players", "never change a winning team" etc etc.

So would I, if we had the quality of player like Chelski for example, but unfortunately we don't. So at the moment I think it somewhat naive to use that oft quoted expression. It's the same as "always pick your best players", "never change a winning team" etc etc.

We have quality, but unfortunately the stuffing has been kicked out of most of them, by a manager who is a trainee.

Sorry i would always play my best players if they were getting results.

I can see Davies up top with Stead as Baldock played 90 mins and ran his socks off, with 2 days rest I dont mins him changing the squad as long as thwy are the same tactics a fresh squad will be better. More Pace. More Stamina. Mentally Stronger.

You tell me!

That's what I am asking...

If I right in thinking, the reason people probably 'know' about this 'incident' is because there was a thread on this very forum suggesting that Fonts had a bust up with Stead after the match....

Stead wanted to call in at Waitrose on the way home to get some flowers for his wife, but Fontaine wanted to go straight home to see his kids.

I can see Davies up top with Stead as Baldock played 90 mins and ran his socks off, with 2 days rest I dont mins him changing the squad as long as thwy are the same tactics a fresh squad will be better. More Pace. More Stamina. Mentally Stronger.

Don't forget we're one game fresher than 'wall so we could keep the same team, with Bryan in for Ricky.

Alledgedly, thats one of the negatives aimed at SOD which contributed to his sacking - it really pisses off the players as it shows no trust in them.

McInnes does appear to put a lot of emphasis on how the opposition play and how we can negate it and its a big part of his pre and post match interviews. It seems a "don't lose" approach to me which is probably what is required at this time. Lets face it, we don't have enough players with the right attitude (bloodyminded and guts) to press our own game (whatever that is) on the opposition.

There are few surprises in the Championship. Teams know each other well with scouts and of course TV. That said,its only professional to do the proper homework on the opposition. Its helpful to know who their best players are, what style they like to play, weakness's and strengths but at the same time it can do more harm than good if the manager puts too much emphasis on them. It can make the opposition sound like world beaters and inadvertently have a negative effect on your own players. It can also give your own players the impression that you don't trust them to counter the opposition.

Its crucial that your players are encouraged to make the most of their own strengths and talents. I wonder if McInnes does actually do that?

Fontaine has struggled for form thats all. Nothing 'disgraceful' about it. It happens to all players and if his attitude has become questionable loss of form might be behind it.

I agree that he should have lost his place several games ago but that's down to McInnes.

Fontaine doesn't deserve all the spiteful abuse.

Finally some sense on this issue, well said. The abuse Fontaine has received after serving this Club well for 6/7 years has been nothing short of disgraceful. He's been very poor this season and should've been dropped, but why does that mean his attitude's appalling? If I play 90 mins at CB for the Club and I'm shit is my attitude appalling as well? Some of the comments regarding Fonts as a person have been shameful.

There are few surprises in the Championship. Teams know each other well with scouts and of course TV. That said,its only professional to do the proper homework on the opposition. Its helpful to know who their best players are, what style they like to play, weakness's and strengths but at the same time it can do more harm than good if the manager puts too much emphasis on them. It can make the opposition sound like world beaters and inadvertently have a negative effect on your own players. It can also give your own players the impression that you don't trust them to counter the opposition.

Its crucial that your players are encouraged to make the most of their own strengths and talents. I wonder if McInnes does actually do that?

It down to players isn't it. Whatever tactics we've been employing to counter the sides really haven't been working. Work hard. Defend when we don't have the ball. Show when we do. Move the ball forward quickly.

Its no coincidence that our form is improving with Bates and Danns in the side. God help us for a midfield when Danns goes back.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\www\otib.co.uk\ips_kernel\classDbMysqlClient.php on line 189

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\www\otib.co.uk\admin_17684316416513465478946\sources\base\ipsRegistry.php on line 216

I heard Stead confronted him in the changing room- shame we dont have 11 players who share the passion of Stead- who has only scored 1 this season, but was fantastic yesterday.

Stead fantastic yesterday?? Oh forgot cos he" tries" he is brilliant? He won 1 header all afternoon , has no pace and is a centre halves dream- absolutely no threat whatsoever - shouldnt be on the bench let alone playing. Just my view.....

Never change a winning team is a load of bollocks. Can you imagine the carnage Wood, Henderson and Keogh will cause Greg if he plays centre back? Greg was fine against P'boro, with no target men but Millwall will rip him a new one.

quote]

Wood was recalled from his loan last week to enable him to complete his move to Leicester. The point otherwise reamins though, certainly in the case of Henderson.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\www\otib.co.uk\ips_kernel\classDbMysqlClient.php on line 189

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\www\otib.co.uk\admin_17684316416513465478946\sources\base\ipsRegistry.php on line 216

Stead fantastic yesterday?? Oh forgot cos he" tries" he is brilliant? He won 1 header all afternoon , has no pace and is a centre halves dream- absolutely no threat whatsoever - shouldnt be on the bench let alone playing. Just my view.....

You are of course totally wrong, but that's hardly surprising as you can't see F all from Florida. I pity the dolphins.

Archived