IGNORED

Transfer Rumours

Ciderstreet

From our fav site:

01 Jan 2013 13:10:27

Bristol city striker Davis going on loan to millwall.

Albert adomah going to west brom £3mil plus add ons

Cole skuse. Going to palace. £500K

pitman. To Bournemouth. £60K

Woolford. Going to S****horpe £500k

Fontaine. Going to forest £800k

Looks like someone has just been going through the boards on here and then picked out a random club and price for each. Will never get those amounts for Skuse, Woolford or Fontaine.

From our fav site:

01 Jan 2013 13:10:27

Bristol city striker Davis going on loan to millwall.

Albert adomah going to west brom £3mil plus add ons

Cole skuse. Going to palace. £500K

pitman. To Bournemouth. £60K

Woolford. Going to S****horpe £500k

Fontaine. Going to forest £800k

Is that us paying forest £800k to take fonts?

Let's be honest about this window, if the last couple are anything to go by, I would be surprised if DMC has a coherent list of targets and we will be kept waiting until the last day when 3 mainly crappy loanees will be brought in, who will either be played out of position or not at all...................................................or maybe there is a plan.

Both Gerken and Heaton are OOC at the end of the season, leaving us with Carey and the American dude who's name I can never remember in the U-21's

With FFP we dont need 2 first choice keepers (we never did, Ive argued this before plenty of times) So will be 1 first choice, 1 reserve, like this guy who has league experience and then Carey and the other fella I would expect.

Ofcourse you need 2 1st choice gks, what if we never had gerks and Heaton got injured for 3 months ? Stick a young unproven gk into a relegation battle??

Ridiculous.

DM: "I'm making lots of calls and enquiries at the moment. We'd like to get deals done as early as possible."

Biggest month of his reign for mciness, if he doesn't get players in or the right players it will be scandalous

Expect a TV, Washing Machine and a Dishwasher to arrive very shortly.

There is this wonderous thing called an emergency loan system

Basically Emergency Keepers can be loaned at any time, You know, as opposed to your End of the World Scenario..

And who's to say there's anyone good enough available ? Why don't we just have 11 players and loan others in as and when.

It's an 'emergency' loan to cover injury, that's it. Soon as a keeper is fit they go back to where they came from, simples

2 x keepers on say 6k and 8k a week ( plucked out of thin air figures) is 312000 and 416000, before win bonus, promotion bonus and so on are factored in. so is around 730,000 Pa to keep 2 keepers

1x keeper on 8k 416k plus a reserve on 1k-2k 52-104k is around 450- 520k a year saving 200k per year. Seeing as we need to cut down for FFP, which do you suggest is the most viable?

You can't just 'pluck figures out of the air' and not expect me to think you're talking b*llocks.

I'd say having 2 1st team gks is more viable, it seams pretty much all football league managers have the same view.

It's an 'emergency' loan to cover injury, that's it. Soon as a keeper is fit they go back to where they came from, simples

2 x keepers on say 6k and 8k a week ( plucked out of thin air figures) is 312000 and 416000, before win bonus, promotion bonus and so on are factored in. so is around 730,000 Pa to keep 2 keepers

1x keeper on 8k 416k plus a reserve on 1k-2k 52-104k is around 450- 520k a year saving 200k per year. Seeing as we need to cut down for FFP, which do you suggest is the most viable?

You're forgetting the motivational effect of having two players competing for a position. Even if you've got the most professional players in the world they're more likely to slack off if there's no chance of them losing their place.

Also there's the logistics of signing an emergency loan player. They can't come in immediately. What if the goalkeeper gets injured during the warm-up for a big game? Would you want City going in to a crucial relegation six-pointer and being forced to play Carey in goal because Heaton was injured in the warm-up?

If those points could be ignored I would agree with you. I don't see why most managers always name a goalkeeper amongst the subs when injuries to keepers are so rare and an outfield sub gives more tactical flexibility. Likewise with a reserve keeper you are effectively paying (for example) £1000 per week 'goalkeeper insurance', money that a cash-strapped side could use elsewhere.

Im not the idea if this guy from Orient is any good would be to compete at some point with whoever is Number 1

Yeah I would be okay with it. Worked for Henderson, when Basso was here, no reason why Carey cant step up. Or are we all that paralysed by fear that OMG play the kids, equals end of the world?

When was 3 subs, then yeah it happened on occassions that were no GK subs, now with a ludicrous 7, then would be folly not to have the position covered on the bench. I mean there is only another 6 spots to fill up :/

If the guy from Orient is any good he'll want paying as much as Gerken, who was signed from League One.

Carey may not be at the same point in his development as Henderson was. I saw him play for Gloucester last season and he had a decent game but I wouldn't want to see him pitched in to a Championship game yet, especially if it were an important one. What if he had to step in to a game against Sheffield Wednesday or Barnsley and made a mistake for the winner? What if that sent us down? It could break him.

Football league clubs can only have five subs again now. I remember it was common not to take a GK with only three subs (I remember Tinnion playing in goal) and I agree that with seven there's no reason not to take one. With five I'd still opt for the outfield player.

Next Rumour - Duffy from Everton 6ft 4inch CB. On Loan

04 Jan 2013 09:07:44
Bristol City looking to take Everton's Shane Duffy on loan. City looking to bolster their back line with the 20 year old 6ft 4in centre half who has had previous loan spells at Scunny and Burnley

Next Rumour - Duffy from Everton 6ft 4inch CB. On Loan

04 Jan 2013 09:07:44

Bristol City looking to take Everton's Shane Duffy on loan. City looking to bolster their back line with the 20 year old 6ft 4in centre half who has had previous loan spells at Scunny and Burnley

Let's hope he doesn't ask Danny Wilson (loanee) for a reference!

Not worth a new thread but: http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130107-mcinnestargets-583682.aspx%C2'>

Just Del talking about transfers - I guess this could be a sign of the club trying to interact with us and trying to keep us 'in the know' a little more.

No complaints there. He's been perfectly honest and you wouldn't expect him to outwardly discuss his transfer targets.

Archived