IGNORED

Kyle Mcfadzean

Super

can't say I know much about him to be honest,

He's at the right age for a defender but whether he can make the step up is a different matter although he can't be as bad as what we have

I think he should be able to, but who knows. I have only seen him twice, but what I do know is that he is very physical and attacks the ball powerfully and fearlessly.

Seems a bit of an animal to be honest, but I think we need that type of rugged centre half!

I think he should be able to, but who knows. I have only seen him twice, but what I do know is that he is very physical and attacks the ball powerfully and fearlessly.

Seems a bit of an animal to be honest, but I think we need that type of rugged centre half!

aye thats what we need, but us and lower league players havent been the best of matchs lately, then it was a different manager signing them dels signings havent been bad to be fair to him its the weak core letting him down,

If its done could be the sort of player to get Fontaine performing again

Very physical I will give him that much! Better than what we have and he is a ball winner!

Yes please.

Can he pass a ball though? If McInnes wants to play 4-4-2, you need at least one centre half who's comfortable on the ball or we'll end up with very sore necks. Bar perhaps Bates, none of the central defenders we have particularly fall into that category

Can he pass a ball though? If McInnes wants to play 4-4-2, you need at least one centre half who's comfortable on the ball or we'll end up with very sore necks. Bar perhaps Bates, none of the central defenders we have particularly fall into that category

Is that important? An ability to tackle and defend balls into the box is the priority.

Having only seen him once or twice, he doesn't look like a great passer! But I am more worried about signing a defender that can actually defend.

Haha no he cant 'pass the ball out'. Your never get the complete player in these divisions - thats why they are playing their trade in the lower leagues. Mcfadzean is a no nonsense aggressive first ball winner which is just what we need.

Exactly this Redcherryberry.

He's what we need, but I will be surprised if we get him!

Haha no he cant 'pass the ball out'. Your never get the complete player in these divisions - thats why they are playing their trade in the lower leagues. Mcfadzean is a no nonsense aggressive first ball winner which is just what we need.

Described as a 'talismanic figure', a no nonsense battler who will take no prisoners and inspire others by his actions. Sounds exactly what we need.

It's really encouraging that Del is identifying this sort of player from the lower divisions.

Shaun Taylor wasn't the best passer in the world didn't stop him being a fantastic player for us, Matt hill couldn't pass for toffee he hasn't had a bad career since leaving us,

I'd rather a defender lump the ball but actually able to defend then be a bit weak but can knock at 20 yard ball to feet,

Centre backs should be passing through a side anyway they are there to clear up if you want to pass out of defense play it to the fall backs

All he’s got to do is pass the ball 10 yards to the new creative midfield player Del is also going to sign!

Having only seen him once or twice, he doesn't look like a great passer! But I am more worried about signing a defender that can actually defend.

Yeah, good points all; I guess a defender who can actually defend should be the first priority, so I stand corrected!!! However, when we have him and Fonts at centre half and everyones complaining about the aimless hoofing of balls at Ryan Taylor's head I reserve the right to draw peoples attention back to my post!!! ;-)

Yeah, good points all; I guess a defender who can actually defend should be the first priority, so I stand corrected!!! However, when we have him and Fonts at centre half and everyones complaining about the aimless hoofing of balls at Ryan Taylor's head I reserve the right to draw peoples attention back to my post!!! ;-)

if it keeps clean sheets then we pick up points

Reminds me of Matt Heywood. Doh!

That sent shivers down my spine, and not in a good way! Top 10 contender for 'worst signing ever'

As for this lad - he is very highly rated, heard him linked with a few teams. If another Championship club is in for him then we're going to struggle to get him here, but hope we make a damn good play for him. No nonsense sounds good to me right now

Noggers, we should have been doing this for years anyway. I'm not sure how it is encouraging when, it is de rigeur given budgets and the such like.

So a Sheffield United reject and an MK Dons reject, as some will no doubt say (re Liam Kelly) Let's hope if signed they both dont get added to the pile of failures

some players don't settle, Billy Sharp was a Sheffield united reject and I bet you wouldn't say no to us signing him,

Carey?

Re McFadzean - no more Mc's at the club please!!! :protest:

Actually I'm joking. He seems like the sort of big lump who'll get stuck in, that we need in our back 4,

Noggers, we should have been doing this for years anyway. I'm not sure how it is encouraging when, it is de rigeur given budgets and the such like.

So a Sheffield United reject and an MK Dons reject, as some will no doubt say (re Liam Kelly) Let's hope if signed they both dont get added to the pile of failures

I agree we should have been doing it for years Ralph that's exactly why I'm encouraged to see it now. This is the way forward for City - relatively small outlays on the better players from lower clubs who have it in them to improve - and if this stated aim has now become firm club policy then I'm all in favour of it.

You've got to give credit sometimes rather than looking to find fault in everything - not every signing will be a success but both Kelly and McFadzean look to be the sort of players worth both the outlay and the risk and they are young enough that there is a good possibility we could profit on both in the future.

Just the sort of signings I want to see and, as I say, well done Del for identifying them.

I agree we should have been doing it for years Ralph that's exactly why I'm encouraged to see it now. This is the way forward for City - relatively small outlays on the better players from lower clubs who have it in them to improve - and if this stated aim has now become firm club policy then I'm all in favour of it.

You've got to give credit sometimes rather than looking to find fault in everything - not every signing will be a success but both Kelly and McFadzean look to be the sort of players worth both the outlay and the risk and they are young enough that there is a good possibility we could profit on both in the future.

Just the sort of signings I want to see and, as I say, well done Del for identifying them.

Its been confirmed as the new club policy this morning by lansdown

Archived