IGNORED

Kyle Mcfadzean

Super

Well, I don't give a shit if he doesn't sign for another 2 weeks anyway.

He's currently injured.

CRAWLEY TEAM NEWS: No new injuries, Kyle McFadzean another 10 days. Barker wants 4 signings in Jan. Maybe 1 or 2 by Saturday#CTFC

This may be an omen.

John Galley was injured when he signed for City. O.K. he was a centre forward, not a centre half, but he was the main reason City avoided relegation that season.

Is it me or has it all gone a bit quiet on the McFadzean front today?

No speculation, no twitterings, nothing.

I wonder if the 'complications' Del referred to on this one were around Crawley not wanting to lose too many players in January. With Hope Akpan joining Reading yesterday for £300k (they seem to have got a steal there!), maybe they're holding out for much more cash as they've got a promotion push to think about?

I know he's injured and won't feature tomorrow even if we did get him, but I'm a sucker for speculation. Come on - someone give me something to cling on to!!!!! There must be something out there on these new fandangled social medial thingys.

Is it me or has it all gone a bit quiet on the McFadzean front today?

No speculation, no twitterings, nothing.

I wonder if the 'complications' Del referred to on this one were around Crawley not wanting to lose too many players in January. With Hope Akpan joining Reading yesterday for £300k (they seem to have got a steal there!), maybe they're holding out for much more cash as they've got a promotion push to think about?

I know he's injured and won't feature tomorrow even if we did get him, but I'm a sucker for speculation. Come on - someone give me something to cling on to!!!!! There must be something out there on these new fandangled social medial thingys.

apparantly Kelly was done and dusted about 17:00 yesterday but didn't get announced until 21:00ish,

Bates we didn't even know he signed until the starting line up baldock was halfway trhough the palace game,

just have to take a wait and see approch

This may be an omen.

John Galley was injured when he signed for City. O.K. he was a centre forward, not a centre half, but he was the main reason City avoided relegation that season.

The great John Galley, and he scored a hat trick on his debut, away to Huddersfield if my memory serves me correct.

apparantly Kelly was done and dusted about 17:00 yesterday but didn't get announced until 21:00ish,

Bates we didn't even know he signed until the starting line up baldock was halfway trhough the palace game,

just have to take a wait and see approch

I know Monkeh - but I'm starting to develop a twitch. I'm getting all nervous and excited all at the same time, and I think I just wet myself.

And somehow my left knee is swelling up too? Must be the cold snap?

Come on - someone give me hope (not Akpan - or Powell)), just hope.

If it's the same virus as I and half the SecretSam family have had, ie nasty chest cold, then 6 weeks is about right, bearing in mind that he's got to get back to playing fitness. I was out of action for a week just after Xmas and still not fully recovered; since I arrived back in the UK just before Xmas I've been dying to get out on my bike but not been able to due to chest infection (am asthmatic), so if he's had the same thing (it's common) then no surprise.

As others have posted, this wouldn't mean he's "injured" BUT he might fail a medical as some of the tasks will be fitness/endurance related and he simply won't be up to passing them.

Caveat: Assuming this isn't all hogwash, and he is signing, that is...

If he's injured/unfit I expect we'll wait to put him through a medical next week if we've got a bid lodged.

Could be offering someone like Nyatangle or Edwards in exchange?

10/10 for that observation. You'd have thought people would have learnt that, if only from Football Manager, but there thee bist then, kid.

Sounds exactly what we we've been sadly missing - a McCombe figure :)

Although possibly without the overhead kick :noexp:

There's a difference between being able to play it out and not lumping it aimlessly.

I'd love to have a centre half who can do it all, but there's no reason why a limited defender such as this guy can't play short passes to the full backs or midfield rather than the pointless, counter productive punts we've been subjected to by the likes of McCombe.

Well, if he's out for another 2 weeks I don't get why people are rushing about "I hope he signs before tomorrow"... Why? Sit him in the Williams?

If he wants to sign for us he will, whether that be today or in a weeks time

Ok - fair enough

But he's back training now though, so get him in early next week and get him fit whilst getting him used to Bates / Fonts / Louis / McManus / Wilson (J) / Nyatanga or whoever he will line up with when he is fit. Makes sense to me, but agreed, no rush to get signed tonight, unless they want to do a big introduction on the pitch at half time tomorrow, which would seem a little odd.....

Archived