IGNORED

Kyle Mcfadzean

Super

Those of us who don't want to see an embarrassment on Saturday.

I suggest you read the rest of the thread

AND THE FACT HE HAS BEEN OUT FOR 6 WEEKS AND WONT BE BACK FOR ANOTHER 2, WE WILL SEE AN EMBARRASSMENT ON SATURDAY IF HE SIGNS OR NOT

Edit: Crawley manager said in his pre match interview on Thursday he's 100% ruled out for Saturday for them and estimated another 10 days. That was before we were strongly linked, so, yes. He's out.

I suggest you read the rest of the thread

AND THE FACT HE HAS BEEN OUT FOR 6 WEEKS AND WONT BE BACK FOR ANOTHER 2, WE WILL SEE AN EMBARRASSMENT ON SATURDAY IF HE SIGNS OR NOT

Edit: Crawley manager said in his pre match interview on Thursday he's 100% ruled out for Saturday for them and estimated another 10 days. That was before we were strongly linked, so, yes. He's out.

Bloody hell. What was the virus - Ebola?

Still not unreasonable to want him at the club ASAP so he can watch us. Mind you, he might want to get on the first train back to Crawley if he does!

I'm hoping that our manager admitting we have made a bid indicates that the deal is all but done. Not least because I think it's a bit out of order to talk about other clubs' players otherwise. Some might say that we'd also look pretty stupid if we've splashed his mug over our deadsite for no reason... so here's hoping.

... but then we had loads of reports about Keogh, Gerrard and Co - and they turned out to be wishful thinking ....

... but then we had loads of reports about Keogh, Gerrard and Co - and they turned out to be wishful thinking ....

Sure, but both were moving on anyway for different reasons. Keogh wanted to come back up a division and Coventry needed the cash, Gerrard was surplus to requirements at Cardiff and though we missed out on both they were always going to end up at different clubs anyway. Some might say that it would be uncharitable to discuss a non-transfer listed player that his club don't want/need to sell before any deal was done, let alone publish a story about the club's interest.

I see what you did there ...

I'd say it's a fair observation, but it's better than Munster's...

Some good journalism from the EP for a change.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/story-17853799-detail/story.html

Sounded like a nasty "bug".

McFadzean has not played for seven weeks and is still recovering from the effects of a serious virus that affected his respiratory system.

O'Driscoll told The Post: "There was already something in place to bring Kyle to the football club and that has not changed.

"That process had already started before I came in and it is on-going. I would like to get him through the door as quickly as possible.

"But it is not that simple. He has not played for seven weeks and is not going to come here and go straight into the first team at Leeds on Saturday.

"There is a concern about his condition and the medical is going to determine what happens.

"Our first consideration has to be the lad's health. He has had a virus that has affected his heart and we must not do anything that puts him at risk.

"Before anything is finalised, we need to get our medical people and the medical people at Crawley to swap notes and come to a decision on his condition."

O'Driscoll knows McFadzean well, having worked with him during a short spell as director of football at Crawley.

He added: "He's a good lad and the right type. I know his character and he is definitely the type we need here.

"He may not be able to come straight in and play, but I want him here as quickly as possible."

McFadzean should have been at Ashton Gate for talks today, but was asked to delay while O'Driscoll was unveiled to the media.

He is now expected to travel to Bristol tomorrow and a deal could be concluded by the middle of this week.

Archived