IGNORED

Jon Lansdown

Dolman Block B

Rich, the "strategy" (I use the word loosely) as defined is muddled.

My compliment is that I do not want to criticise Jon as he's a good lad with the interests of Bristol City at heart, however way out of his depth and to be frank, its almost child cruelty and if the same thing was going on at the Gas or Cardiff we'd be pissing ourselves laughing.

Dad, just read a great book all about pillars.

Ancient Greek buildings?

No, you have these pillars, and you apply them to business. Or political institutions. Or football clubs. Anything really.

So, the more pillars you got, the better, yeah?

No dad, five. Its got to be 5.

OK son what's our pillars going to be?

Well dad Academy has to be one of them. All the lads keep complaining, why do the Academy kids never come through. Has to be Academy.

Academy? Hasn't worked since Danny Wilson - and I sacked him! No definitely not Academy.

Dad, I'm having Academy. Its Academy or I'm not doing this Vice-Chairman thing any longer.

OK, you win son, Academy. I got one as well. How about Recruitment, just in case I feel like getting the cheque book out.

Like it. Don't forget Stadium.

Ashton Vale? Thought that was dead in the water?

Yes, but how about Ashton Gate. We redevelop Ashton Gate.

But its not viable. Said so myself.

Dad, I'm having Stadium. How many is that?

Four. That's four. We need one more.

OK dad. Financial Prudence. We done speculate to accumulate, lets go all contrary.

Good. Like that. Now we just need a catchy phrase. How about:

Academy

Recruitment

Financial Prudence

Stadium

ARFS. Got a ring to it.

That's 4 dad. Its got to be 5. The book says it got to be 5.

Hmm. Throw in Bristol Sport.

That's not a pillar dad. Bristol Sport isn't a pillar. Its just, well its not a pillar. It could hold us up, if you want it to. But its not a pillar. Not in this way.

Don't worry son. Stick it in there. The customers will just look at all those big words and they be eating out of your hands.

Hang on dad. We haven't got Community yet. Community. That's got to be good, hasn't it?

Brilliant. That's six. Any more?

No dad that's too many. Five. The book says it has to be 5.

Well Community is good. But I'm having Bristol Sport. How about we throw Community in with Academy?

Doesn't really hang together dad. My book......

Nonsense. Who's to notice, and any case its just words. We got to get something out.

OK. Bristol Sport it is then. Community can go in with Academy. So there we have it, who does the press release around here?

Bristol Sport

Academy

Recruitment

Financial Prudence

Stadium

Yep.

Woe do you often sit around making up monologues for people..

Was this your first draft or did you make a few attempts... Maybe you could give us a Cameron and Clegg one now... That should be fun, ooh ohh or Stan and Laurel, or maybe ,.......

Funnily enough I still think everything will sort itself out and the club will see good times again.

On a personal note, I think it is totally wrong for ANYONE to slate the Lansdown family in anyway.

Putting 50 plus million plus into our club and continuing to back us is one hell of a contribution!!!

For their sake as well, I hope it all comes right. They deserve the success as much as any of us!

No wonder you are a failed accountant

Failed at what you fool.

Whether you like how I tried to get my point across or not, the "strategy"  isn't a roaring success is it.

But then again, you could always explain why you think it is.

Failed at what you fool.

Whether you like how I tried to get my point across or not, the "strategy"  isn't a roaring success is it.

But then again, you could always explain why you think it is.

Nick, by the strategy do you mean the pillars? If so, surely you can't judge this yet as it has been around for less than a year. Already we are seeing positives in terms of the stadium (AG redev which you are in favour of), recruitment (primarily young, affordable players brought in) and academy (cat 2 status achieved) surely???

I get the whole thing about it sounding a bit "A-level coursework" but it's gotta be better than his old man's approach of "throw some money at a problem, and then throw some more"?

Nick, by the strategy do you mean the pillars? If so, surely you can't judge this yet as it has been around for less than a year. Already we are seeing positives in terms of the stadium (AG redev which you are in favour of), recruitment (primarily young, affordable players brought in) and academy (cat 2 status achieved) surely???

I get the whole thing about it sounding a bit "A-level coursework" but it's gotta be better than his old man's approach of "throw some money at a problem, and then throw some more"?

Yes I do mean the "pillars" Will. The length of time is irrelevant - its the whole concept.

Its meaningless crap thrown together in some sort of attempt to look like they know what they are doing.

Bristol Sport is a pillar, apparently. But they have no influence over Bristol City. So how is it a pillar.

How the **** can financial prudence be a pillar.

The academy is a pillar, and just for good measure lets throw in some shite about the community.

Its muddled and glib and half hearted and, that doesn't matter in a way, I find it amusing and I'm not hung up about these "pillars", except if they are ******* around on this bollocks I just cannot take anything they say seriously.

Frankly the throw loads of money approach had more chance of success.

Archived