IGNORED

Jon Lansdown

Dolman Block B

The real problem for me is that I don't see anyone - owner/major investor or Board Member/Chairman/MD - in whom I have the

slightest confidence to make the correct managerial appointment this time.

This whole depressing slide is set to continue, Whilst the board HAD to act today after the crowd started riduculing the players and manager , I honestly think that at 3pm today they had no thoughts of sacking DM and had no contingency plan in place to replace him if bad results continued despite being bottom of the league. The crowd turning on the manager and team has forced their hand.

The bizarre decision not to fire Docherty as well and ask him to take the training tells me they're making this up as they go along.

I agree that its not the right time to get rid and it doesn't make much sense.

The only thing I can think of is that someone else became interested/available in the job that the board are keen on and its taken this long to sort out terms etc. Maybe the new guy was earmarked for last week ?

If there is an early appointment then its apparent the sacking was planned before today.

The worrying thing is, Lansdown said "We will regroup and look at what is available". This implies they haven't started looking yet. Also, if they had someone in mind for last week, why let McInnes sign Kelly?

I don't agree there, NickJ certainly doesnt strike me as Gas but I do find it absolutely ludicrous for anyone to want a guy to leave who has directly funded our club to the tune of millions of pounds that none of us have.

SL has funded the losses for sure, but Nick's whole point (which I agree with) is that we had virtually no debt when he took over as chairman. SL's decisions, the wages, transfer fees, the payoffs to unwanted players, the hiring and firing (with yet more payoffs) of failing managers have been what has causes the losses.

He has made bad decisions - , those decisions caused big losses, he has covered those losses...............and in the process cretated a one man autocracy where no one can question or influence those decisions.........because he makes the decisions.......because he puts in the money.....that pays for the wrong decisions.....etc ......and repeat

And yet you think this is a good way to run a club?

So ask yourself one question.........Are you confident that the next big decision SL makes (the new manager) will be a good one?

Because i'm not

Bank rolling. Like a bank.

It's called debt.

I wouldn't fall over myself to thank my mortgage provider. They can ask to be repaid. They are not my best mate.

Good post. I do think SL does have City's interests at heart, but I don't like the idea of reliance on any one individual to bankroll us no matter how benevolent they may be and saddle the club with this level of debt.

The stick our board get is incredible.

I'm not fine with the overspending every year but, the fact is the overspend is being covered by the board.

I personally like the fact Dawe and Jon Lansdown are running the club now, Dawe is a very knowledgable football man and Jon Lansdown is a breath of fresh air, a real fan on the board who is making all the right noises of building a club from the ground up. Steve Lansdowns heart is in the club and has made bad decisions, not intentional but at least he could eventually see that he was too involved and is now taken a step back and given a fresh pair of eyes to look at the club.

Imagine having someone like Risdale on the board instead, we'd have something to f...g moan about then.

The stick our board get is incredible.

I'm not fine with the overspending every year but, the fact is the overspend is being covered by the board.

I personally like the fact Dawe and Jon Lansdown are running the club now, Dawe is a very knowledgable football man and Jon Lansdown is a breath of fresh air, a real fan on the board who is making all the right noises of building a club from the ground up. Steve Lansdowns heart is in the club and has made bad decisions, not intentional but at least he could eventually see that he was too involved and is now taken a step back and given a fresh pair of eyes to look at the club.

Imagine having someone like Risdale on the board instead, we'd have something to f...g moan about then.

That really what this thread is all about

That must of been a very very hard interview to do. You could see he was devastated.

Remember he is the MD and he has done that. Shame we didnt hear from Keith but i thought Jon did a grand job.

Hopefully things will start to improve now.

for what its worth,i think SL possibly called it yesterday and might have told JL after the game that he had to go and pull the plug now before there is no chance at all of surviving.i still believe SL pulls the strings here and is a silent chairman without it being on the paperwork.

could it be possible that Doc has disagreed with some of the tactics too,hence him not going straight away? seems strange that they came as a team and havent left as one or is that hoping Del gets a new job and calls him in saving us another pay off.

in any case,we have to support this guy now with everything and hope the players will give 110% for him.

for what its worth,i think SL possibly called it yesterday and might have told JL after the game that he had to go and pull the plug now before there is no chance at all of surviving.i still believe SL pulls the strings here and is a silent chairman without it being on the paperwork.

could it be possible that Doc has disagreed with some of the tactics too,hence him not going straight away? seems strange that they came as a team and havent left as one or is that hoping Del gets a new job and calls him in saving us another pay off.

in any case,we have to support this guy now with everything and hope the players will give 110% for him.

I think this could well be true. Although as people are saying, it's good that JL has started to speak up.

I heard a few interesting things yesterday, so say via a friend of McInnes. Firstly, that Del was unhappy with the board because restrictions had been put on who he could pick because of instalments due based on appearances; second, that Del would get £1.8m if sacked; and third that his wife and child moved back to Scotland on Friday. This may all be complete rubbish, but I report what I heard from someone I know and trust,

The worrying thing is, Lansdown said "We will regroup and look at what is available". This implies they haven't started looking yet. Also, if they had someone in mind for last week, why let McInnes sign Kelly?

I think they have already got someone in mind. I wasn't convinced by JL's comments on the video of the new training ground etc about their confidence in Del.

I think this could well be true. Although as people are saying, it's good that JL has started to speak up.

I doubt if it is true based on SL's comments in wellred yesterday

'The first challenge is to find a manager who embraces the idea (scouting reports) and we are fortunate in having Derek McInnes, who sees the benefit of having such background information and recognises that it is a club asset'

So right man for the job because he makes lots of mistakes? Trust me, I make lots of mistakes.

Millions and millions of pounds has equated to what exactly?

Last time I looked, a club that we don't own, bottom of the league.

The right man for the job would be who the fans voted to be so. Sadly, we will never know who that will be.

It really is unbelievable the stick the ‘Lansdowns’ gets here .

Fancy him selling up (do you know of any other Muppet would want to buy Bristol City and make it a going concern) Chicken famers from India take your fancy? Look at Blackburn. Do the Man City Fans and the Chelsea fans bleat about the debts they have (as they are bank rolled respectively?)

Just be grateful we are not in the mire like Plymouth or Portsmouth. OR we pay peanuts for wages and get players accordingly. In life you get what you pay for, and we have been punching above our weight financially for years hence the need to increase revenue with the New ground.

At the end of the day it is almost inconceivable that next season we will be nothing other than a League 1 side. However what happens between now and next August is what counts, so we can be leaner, fitter, with a proper balance in the side. Lansdown will appoint who he thinks is best and back him as he backed DMC and all who came before him. Fact is he has been shafted by a succession of poor managers who made the wrong decisions. It is through his support of the managers that he is owed some 40M plus, which unless he sells to the likes of the above, he will never get back. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, lets be fair, who here moaned about DMC at the end of last season, and the start of this one ?

Take your pick, I am grateful that he shows his loyalty to the club, as was demonstrated at the posh game.

Football MD on manager's departure.

Jon Lansdown says the Board of Directors came to a decision that “the time was right” to relieve manager Derek McInnes of his duties.
The Scot left Ashton Gate following the 4-0 loss at home to Leicester City, which saw City drop to the foot of the npower Championship table.
Lansdown revealed the Board met immediately after the defeat and came to their decision as they felt it gave the club the “best possible chance” to stave off relegation to League One.
Speaking on Bristol City Player, he said: “We’ve had a meeting after today’s game; we’re not in a good place and have decided to relieve Derek of his duties.
“It’s a decision from the Board. Derek is disappointed but he does understand. It's a decision we felt we had to make for the good of the football club.
“We are looking to get 52 points; it depends what other people do – we might need to get less. But realistically we need to be focusing on what is our best chance of getting ten wins or 30 points out of the next 20 games.
“We felt this was the best time to do it, making the decision [that] our best chance is with someone else [in charge].
“There is no hiding the fact it wasn’t a good day (against Leicester). We wouldn’t be here talking about it if it was.
“My message to the supporters is: ‘Stick with us’. We want to get someone in that they can get behind.
“A change gives them a lift and something new to look at. We want to make the best of that. We want to stay up.”
McInnes leaves the club after just short of 15 months in charge.
He added: “Derek has a lot of qualities to make him a very good manager and I think he can go on to do that.
“We felt with the run of results we have had and the performances recently, that it was the time to make the decision.
“He has been good to work with and we gave him every opportunity to succeed here.
“But we’re looking at ourselves from now until the end of the season. We want to give ourselves the best possible chance to get out of where we are now.
“We have 20 games to do it. If we win half of them we will stay up and that is exactly what we want to do.”
Tony Docherty has been asked to take training on Monday, whilst the Board’s search for McInnes’ successor begins.
Lansdown said: “The decision is still raw. We will regroup and look at what is available.
“We have a priority to stay up as a football club but we have many stated objectives and we want to be true to that.
“We have to make sure we get the right person; ideally a quick appointment will suit. But we still have to make sure it is the right one.
“I won’t put any specifics on it. Experience is important but we will judge every application or person we approach by their cover and make a decision based on what we are looking for as a club.”

I heard a few interesting things yesterday, so say via a friend of McInnes. Firstly, that Del was unhappy with the board because restrictions had been put on who he could pick because of instalments due based on appearances; second, that Del would get £1.8m if sacked; and third that his wife and child moved back to Scotland on Friday. This may all be complete rubbish, but I report what I heard from someone I know and trust,

The first part of your last sentence makes some sense...

Archived