IGNORED

Jon Lansdown

Dolman Block B

Steve Lansdown is financing a club debt out of his own expense.

I work in Finance in the city and I can tell you, I can get him 3%+ more on his money than he will ever get a football club.

He simply is NOT doing it out of wanting to make a financial return - because the numbers don't stack up.

If I, as a regular Trading Controller can see that, I know full well a man of his experience in the field knows it.

Lansdown is supporting the club, both financially and with passion, for anyone to want him to leave will see a City-version of Stalingrad once he is gone and then will have a long time to re-think their original hope.

Just because the family throw millions at the club (for which we are all grateful), but it doesnt mean they know how to run a football club.

Having the balls to talk into a camera is absolutely no marker on somebodys acumen at a particular job.

Where are the people on the board with experience of football who know how to run a club? Derek has been truly hung out to dry!!!

I respect Steve Lansdown (and his son) implicitly with their contribution, integrity and intentions, but have seen consistent mistakes in running this club and Im afraid the course the club is takijng is down to them

Debt they created Arn.

Thers a fundamental flaw trying to be close to the people that pull the strings.

Ohh come on Nick yer being bitchy and we will talk about this over a beer in Cardiff on the 16th Feb.

I have to respect everything they have done for the club mate, you wont agree but thats my thoughts mate

Anyway, back on topic. Jon, is fronting the situation and doing it well. The pressure this lot must be under is immense.

Give him/them just a little bit of credit please

I work in Finance in the city and I can tell you, I can get him 3%+ more on his money than he will ever get a football club.

He simply is NOT doing it out of wanting to make a financial return - because the numbers don't stack up.

If I, as a regular Trading Controller can see that, I know full well a man of his experience in the field knows it.

Lansdown is supporting the club, both financially and with passion, for anyone to want him to leave will see a City-version of Stalingrad once he is gone and then will have a long time to re-think their original hope.

FFS. How can we sing his praises while he is increasing debt hand over fist?

I'll only praise him from now on if he writes the debt off or brings success to pay it off.

My old man, only 2 games ago actually v Derby was telling my brother in law and I, that we have always had airheads down at the club who demand guys leave who put a fortune into the club.

His quote if I recall right

"I remember back before both of you were born, a fella sat in front of me and your granddad yelling up at Harry Dolman telling him what was he going to do about this and he should go if it doesn't change. This bloke had put in about 30 bob into the club for a few tickets and Dolman had pumped in what would be today millions and millions of pounds and he cops crap from idiots who pay in 2 fifths of fk all."

Lansdown is then today's Dolman.

Relatively, I have paid more money into this club than Steve Lansdown

Relatively means absolutely fk all in the real world.

The Sultan of Brunei flew first class to Australia from London for what was the equivalent of 2p for the man in the street on his % of earnings.

Go to BA, book a ticket to Sydney in first and give them 2p.

That will tell you how worthy your relatively is.

Is it a coincidence he only started fronting up when the fans complained about the gap between the club and supporters? Meanwhile the actual Chairman apparently thinks comuunicating with the paying customer is nothing to do with him. I'm inclined to reserve judgement for now.

No, Jon Lansdown did one of the longest interviews I have seen from a board member from any club in years - people on the boards were complaining they did not know who he was / never heard from the board etc - so I linked the video that they cunningly hid on their own website, twitter links and on the clubs player - even with links and a thread about it, people on this forum still complained they did not know him, and he had not spoken etc (which I would suggest adds to the old "you cannot cure stupid"). Who would have thought that to hear from people/know stuff you would have to look for it (apparently does not get delivered by a courier on DVD direct to your doorstep) - I agree that the club could be more instep with fans, and the website is poor - but sometimes fans need to take their heads out of their asses as well.

My thoughts are that JL is wet behind the ears but hopefully learning fast, that KD is useless as Chairman and should stand down, and that we have a pretty dysfunctional football club. This board and the "owner" have to take their fair share of this seasons debacle as their performance has been on a par with the players so far. So much work going on behind the scenes (apparently) that they've taken their eyes off the bread and butter stuff - the football and the supporters.

I think we all know KD should stand down but lest be honest he aint really Stood Up yet.

JL being primed for the job i say and well happy with that. Give the lad a chance please

No, Jon Lansdown did one of the longest interviews I have seen from a board member from any club in years - people on the boards were complaining they did not know who he was / never heard from the board etc - so I linked the video that they cunningly hid on their own website, twitter links and on the clubs player - even with links and a thread about it, people on this forum still complained they did not know him, and he had not spoken etc (which I would suggest adds to the old "you cannot cure stupid"). Who would have thought that to hear from people/know stuff you would have to look for it (apparently does not get delivered by a courier on DVD direct to your doorstep) - I agree that the club could be more instep with fans, and the website is poor - but sometimes fans need to take their heads out of their asses as well.

When he spoke the first word, it was longer than Abramovich's interview after he fired Di Matteo.

I think we all know KD should stand down but lest be honest he aint really Stood Up yet.

JL being primed for the job i say and well happy with that. Give the lad a chance please

Agree 100%.

Does it actually matter what Dawe does?

Lansdown is the boss. He just can't be on the headed paper because it'll contravene the rules on tax residence.

I've played football with Jon too. Bristol City Supporters or something, just happens I'm quite a few years older.

Yes hes a good lad. His dad's a good bloke.

Does that make them good at running a fottball club, on behalf of our community?

In my view, no.

. Never said he should run the club just glad someone whole genuinely supports city is on the board.

What you just said I agree with 100%

Im not a financial trader but I could also make him 3 percent + on his money any monkey could (no disrespect), its his toy for gods sake and when you have as much money as him you can afford a loss.

Trust me once Ashton Vale becomes a lost cause (Bristols (Lansdowns) Stadium, not Bristol Citys) you wont see any of them for dust.

Ah but my 3%, comes with no tax, an asset and a further hedge on another 3% mate!

Plus you don't need to ever pay anything back.

The wonders and magic of the city!

And if it all goes tits up, the Government bails out.... hahahaha

Anyway, you get my point on the fact he isn't in this for a return. To his credit (or insanity),

Wonder how many slating him were at Wembley hoping we got to the Premiership on the back of his support/money - or cheering on as we got our promotions and had good seasons....

Sounds like you're one of those gloryhunters as you fail to acknowledge that most of the debt was accumulated after Wembley and that we were running annual losses of under or around £1m before that.

Ah but my 3%, comes with no tax, an asset and a further hedge on another 3% mate!

Plus you don't need to ever pay anything back.

The wonders and magic of the city!

And if it all goes tits up, the Government bails out.... hahahaha

Anyway, you get my point on the fact he isn't in this for a return. To his credit (or insanity),

Yeah right and its a Nigerian phone number too that requires my bank details :laughcont:

Funny you should say that.

I have an email from Nigeria in my hotmail.

Turns out I only had a Nigerian relative who died and left me $100m as the sole inheritor!

However the tight fisted old b*tch never left enough for the cheque to be mailed or the admin fee to be paid.

Who'd have thunk she'd be that careless (or that a white bloke from Bristol has a Nigerian relative)....

Sounds like you're one of those gloryhunters as you fail to acknowledge that most of the debt was accumulated after Wembley and that we were running annual losses of under or around £1m before that.

Seeing as you don't know me that is a pretty dumb thing to say (there again who am I to take that away from you) - all that amassed glory since late 1970s when I started first watching the club with my dad, wow that'd be enough for a few nights of celebration at best I would think.

Funny you should say that.

I have an email from Nigeria in my hotmail.

Turns out I only had a Nigerian relative who died and left me $100m as the sole inheritor!

However the tight fisted old b*tch never left enough for the cheque to be mailed or the admin fee to be paid.

Who'd have thunk she'd be that careless (or that a white bloke from Bristol has a Nigerian relative)....

Are we related ?

Archived