IGNORED

Jon Lansdown

Dolman Block B

The more i listen to this young man, the more i admire his balls to take the front seat and speak on the board,s behalf.

You could see he was deeply upset with the sacking of Derek but knew it was the right decision and the only hope of us keeping our championship status.

Following in his "ald mans feet" was always going to be tough but i and many others think this guy is going to be an admiral chairman and run this club how it should be.

Bloody tough times ahead , but great knowing we have a man who is learning all about running a football club, maybe one of the reasons his father stepped down, moved away from the limelight, knowing the "lad" will run a good ship?

The future is still very unsure, relegation sort of "odds on" but i am more than happy to see this chap be at the helm of the club for the foresseable future whatever happens thisn season.

Your thoughts?

The more i listen to this young man, the more i admire his balls to take the front seat and speak on the board,s behalf.

You could see he was deeply upset with the sacking of Derek but knew it was the right decision and the only hope of us keeping our championship status.

Following in his "ald mans feet" was always going to be tough but i and many others think this guy is going to be an admiral chairman and run this club how it should be.

Bloody tough times ahead , but great knowing we have a man who is learning all about running a football club, maybe one of the reasons his father stepped down, moved away from the limelight, knowing the "lad" will run a good ship?

The future is still very unsure, relegation sort of "odds on" but i am more than happy to see this chap be at the helm of the club for the foresseable future whatever happens thisn season.

Your thoughts?

He should replace Keith Dawe.

Is it a coincidence he only started fronting up when the fans complained about the gap between the club and supporters? Meanwhile the actual Chairman apparently thinks comuunicating with the paying customer is nothing to do with him. I'm inclined to reserve judgement for now.

You must have some gripe with them Nick, personally, think the lad come out and said everything what 98% wanted to hear.

What exactly is the proble mate?

My gripe is how the club is run and where we are now.

We could be run like an owners fiefdom and in a good position.

Or we could be run with genuine fan ownership and in a shit position.

At moment we're run by our masters with no fan input AND in a shit position.

Tell me, what is good?

he's said what 98% wanted to hear but he's also the reason DMC is here surely?

Lansdown as hero is stretched a little thinly right now - Steve L has presided over the losses we now enjoy and his manouvering has meant there is no board to challenge him, he's installed his son as puppet and we;'re grateful? not really - grateful of getting out of a mess they managed to get us into, not me - we need fresh blood at this club and thats in the boardroom more than anything.

'judge me on tinnion' - lest we forget.

With all due respect to KD he should have never been given/pushed into the Chairmans job.

Nice chap, but not a front man. Jon has the charisma to be a chairman, good in front of a tv camera and at his age knows what the fans want

Charisma? Can't say I'd know him if I saw him in the street after all this time.

Knows what the fans want? Maybe he should chat to DaveL....

Nick, get ready for the 40million (even though they got us in the mess) answer, all the sheep reply with. :cool2:

And don't forget the, we would have been skint in div 2 if it wasn't for Lansdown BS as well, that is bound to appear

Dont normally reply to Divvies but you tell me what do they offer.

Serious question so serious well thought out answer please.

Sorry Nick, i cant agree.

The family have financed a huge amount of debt for a start.

SL pushed the club to the brink of the Premiership.

Doing their upmost to build us a new stadium.

They continue to make sure the ship does not sink.

Balls to relieve a manager tonight .

Shall i go on?

I've played football with Jon a few times and he seems a decent guy, pretty down to earth, one of the lads you might say.

A lot of people go on about having a fan on the board. We have this already in Jon, he genuinely is one of us, just drives a Aston Martin.

I've played football with Jon too. Bristol City Supporters or something, just happens I'm quite a few years older.

Yes hes a good lad. His dad's a good bloke.

Does that make them good at running a fottball club, on behalf of our community?

In my view, no.

Yep. lot of respect - always tough to effectively admit you were wrong in appointing someone and then to front up the corrective action.

McInnes probably should've gone after the Wolves game (we could have then appointed perfect-fit McCarthy), but better late than never. Another decent man though put to the sword by our overpaid, gutless wasters. That makes Manager No.4 for some of them - well done. Think they need to go next. Louis seems to be he only one who's tried and had an element of consistency under the McInnes reign.

Those wishing the Lansdown's go either need their heads examining or are just jealous Gasheads.

Those wishing the Lansdown's go either need their heads examining or are just jealous Gasheads.

I understand your position. However ...

If, 10 years ago, someone had argued our current position with debt attached, ANYONE would have run a million miles to avoid it.

I'm afraid they can only be judged once they have gone and the financial position they leave us in. As it stands, and with the debt, they are a disaster.

Archived