IGNORED

Jon Lansdown

Dolman Block B

I don't see anyone else rushing forward to own this club.

Lansdown has said on many occasions he is happy to hand over to someone else who wants to come in for the right reasons etc. Has anyone ever come forward?

We dont even know whos going to win the pie contract next year let alone if a multi billionaire has come in with a offer so based on that I would say NOT SURE!

You must have some gripe with them Nick, personally, think the lad come out and said everything what 98% wanted to hear.

What exactly is the proble mate?

If I remember rightly Nick had a bit of a run in with SL a few years back. I can't remember the circumstances but I think the gist of it was that they had a meeting at which SL effectively told him to p*ss off. I have it on good authority that our Chairman can be pretty abrasive (can help when you're trying to become a billionaire) but as a result Nick has a long-standing grievance which emerges quite frequently.

I suggest we all ignore it.

Seeing as you don't know me that is a pretty dumb thing to say (there again who am I to take that away from you) - all that amassed glory since late 1970s when I started first watching the club with my dad, wow that'd be enough for a few nights of celebration at best I would think.

Umm, I didn't call you a gloryhunter. I said that you conveniently forget that most of our debt was accumulated post-Wembley so you could be one of the Johnny-come-lately's. But, then again, I'm the dumb one!

If I remember rightly Nick had a bit of a run in with SL a few years back. I can't remember the circumstances but I think the gist of it was that they had a meeting at which SL effectively told him to p*ss off. I have it on good authority that our Chairman can be pretty abrasive (can help when you're trying to become a billionaire) but as a result Nick has a long-standing grievance which emerges quite frequently.

Suggestion taken on board and duly ignored.

I do hope you arent referring to Keith Dawe? I dont know anybody why has seem him be abrasive. ever

My point (poorly made coz the the vino) is that the amount he has invested (lost) is actually a drop in the ocean to him...probably relatively less in comparison to the supporter who follows the club week in week out on season tickets / away games etc etc

I don't disagree with you on the relative point in fact.

For me to come home games, I travel back and forth from SW London, pay the ticket, service station stops etc etc you know all that bollux.

It's cheaper away for me half the time.

I do it, because I love it but it's far from cheap and I'd say yeah, my % of income is about the same to Lansdowns.

BUT, the world don't work on relative.

My contribution for me personally is high - as I am sure yours is as well for the same reasons as me - but we need his money more than yours and mine.

His money buys players and stadiums - ours dont.

I find it hard to believe anybody can question Steve L as he is bank rolling the club at present.

There has been some terrible appointments as manager since Johnson,

pls make sure the next one is someone who is proven at this level!

Colin would be nice

I don't disagree with you on the relative point in fact.

For me to come home games, I travel back and forth from SW London, pay the ticket, service station stops etc etc you know all that bollux.

It's cheaper away for me half the time.

I do it, because I love it but it's far from cheap and I'd say yeah, my % of income is about the same to Lansdowns.

BUT, the world don't work on relative.

My contribution for me personally is high - as I am sure yours is as well for the same reasons as me - but we need his money more than yours and mine.

His money buys players and stadiums - ours dont.

Totally agree we need his money Kaiser (and the more he puts in, the more we need him)....but it dont mean he's any good at running a football club does it?

I'm grateful for his money, but he has made some poor decisions. Because of his investment oif millions (which is personally is no bigger than yours), doesnt mean he is without blame for this absolute mess....and it is a huge mess

I find it hard to believe anybody can question Steve L as he is bank rolling the club at present.

There has been some terrible appointments as manager since Johnson,

pls make sure the next one is someone who is proven at this level!

Colin would be nice

Bank rolling. Like a bank.

It's called debt.

I wouldn't fall over myself to thank my mortgage provider. They can ask to be repaid. They are not my best mate.

You're an idiot.

Had a meeting, dont agree with his views, still don't.

Steve didn't tell me to piss off.

He wasn't abrasive.

I have no long standing grievance, just a desire for Bristol City to be as successful as it can run as a proper club in the community.

If you want me to be ignored, why didn't you?

You're absolutely right and I apologise unreservedly to Mr Dawe for any offence. I was of course referring to the club's major shareholder and former Chairman.

I was offended as well if you'd like to apologise unresrevedly, or is that just for rich people?

Totally agree we need his money Kaiser (and the more he puts in, the more we need him)....but it dont mean he's any good at running a football club does it?

I'm grateful for his money, but he has made some poor decisions. Because of his investment oif millions (which is personally is no bigger than yours), doesnt mean he is without blame for this absolute mess....and it is a huge mess

He's not without blame.

If any of my posts suggests I think he is blameless, I'll correct that now.

I think he delayed too long before removing Johnson.

I think Millen was the wrong appointment.

I think Coppell was the wrong appointment and I think McInnes was.

Now hindsight is a lovely thing but I'd say of those 4 decisions, at the time I agreed with just the appointment of Coppell.

I thought all those things at the time.

I wanted others but I also here have to give the benefit.

I always think of Graeme Taylor's comment here -

"I've got 30 million England managers picking teams same time as I do. Everyone has a view, but you know what? The problem I have is that mine is the only one that plays".

I think Lansdown made poor choices on those 4 and I (and others) would have done different, but who knows if we were right?

He is not blameless but we need him.

To suggest we are better off with him leaving - as some have done - is madness in my book.

You're an idiot.

He wasn't abrasive.

I have no long standing grievance, just a desire for Bristol City to be as successful as it can run as a proper club in the community.

I'm sorry you feel the need to be offensive. I was simply trying to help Arn's understanding of your differences with our former Chairman and his family. You've managed to put the record quite straight I'm sure.

15 months ago we had one of them...... What price loyalty, but maybe I'm in the 2 %. .......Football's shit.......

If the board believed in Millen when they appointed him they should never have sacked him.

Good example they don't know what they're doing.

Millen was the cheap option.

Nobdy will ever convince me of it being anything else.

I remember the day he was appointed, everyone (including me) wished him well but didn't think it was the right choice.

(Laughs Out Loud).

And so Lansdown being the right man for the job is why, exactly?

(Laughs Out Loud).

And so Lansdown being the right man for the job is why, exactly?

Because everybody makes mistakes and he puts in millions and millions of pounds in.

If he isn't the man for the job, are you able to take his place and put in the same?

If so, then let us know.

You're an idiot.

He wasn't abrasive.

No need for personal insults is there, everyone is aware of your anti lansdown opinions.

15 months ago we had one of them......What price loyalty, but maybe I'm in the 2 %........Football's shit.......

If he had been successful, he would have buggered off up the food chain anyway. That is the price of success. No loyalty on either side nowadays. If there was he would still be at saints.

15 months ago we had one of them......What price loyalty, but maybe I'm in the 2 %........Football's shit.......

If he had been successful, he would have buggered off up the food chain anyway. That is the price of success. No loyalty on either side nowadays. If there was he would still be at saints.

Because everybody makes mistakes and he puts in millions and millions of pounds in.

If he isn't the man for the job, are you able to take his place and put in the same?

If so, then let us know.

So right man for the job because he makes lots of mistakes? Trust me, I make lots of mistakes.

Millions and millions of pounds has equated to what exactly?

Last time I looked, a club that we don't own, bottom of the league.

The right man for the job would be who the fans voted to be so. Sadly, we will never know who that will be.

Archived