IGNORED

Next Manager Poll

Dynamite Red

Next Manager Poll  

468 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I genuinely don't get the anti-Robins sentiment. I'm not saying he's the best manager available but his track record is basically joining struggling clubs and improving them. He got drastic improvements at Rotherham, kept Barnsley up and was unlucky not to get sacked and Coventry look a damn sight better with him. I'm not saying he's my choice but I'd have much more faith in him than someone like Di Canio who's so far only achieved good results over a short period of time in favourable conditions.

If we are going to do it, lets do it right. He's got passion he's seen the best of the bottom two leagues, I'd like to think he'd have a bit more to spend here and much less roundabouts.

PAULO DI CANIO

Can someone explain why sod is even a candidate?

Probably unemployed....(just about)

Plenty of experience.

And people can probably remember his low cost Doncaster playing us off the park with good football a while ago.

Just trying to answer your question, but I'm for Coyle.

Out of curiosity what is it about Robins that everyone dislikes? My mate is a Cov fan and he said when Robins arrived they got off to a bad start but now he's doing well and apparently with a lot of young players which appears to be the route we're going down.

He's also on a 53.85 win percentage which is highly impressive, has taken them up the league a lot and was on 10 game unbeaten streak before their losses to Shewsbury and Tottenham. Looking back he's actually taken them from 23rd in League One up to 12th and they are still only 6 points off of the play offs and have a game in hand over three teams above them. Looking at how they've turned around and rebuilt I can see them making the play offs at this rate and if they can jump straight back up then he's done an amazing job.

I suppose it comes down to are we accepting that we are already down and starting the rebuild or are we trying to survive? Either way I don't think getting him here is as bad as many make out, it just means he needs to be able to ship out the dead wood (which is our biggest problem) and then he could use the youth we have to rebuild.

Thoughts?

Oh and for the vote I voted SOD

It has to be no sh1t Billy Davies to whip not only the players but the fans up and lift this club out of the doldrums

The only thing that worries me about him is that he's not managed since June 2011... what's he been doing? Why has another relegation battling team not turned to him? I can't help but think if a manager is a good manager how does he stay unemployed so long?

Nothing sentimental about hating fascists.

My opinion exactly, but maybe with the likes of Marlon King being allowed back into football people seem to care less about the actual person beneath the kit as long as they are doing the job.

For me personally, I would be disgusted if we signed King and as good a manager as he is, I would be similarly disappointed in us as a club for appointing someone with such immoral and prejudice views as di Canio. But like I said, maybe I'm worrying about the wrong thing. Who knows. Are there any morals in football anymore?

Out of curiosity what is it about Robins that everyone dislikes? My mate is a Cov fan and he said when Robins arrived they got off to a bad start but now he's doing well and apparently with a lot of young players which appears to be the route we're going down.

He's also on a 53.85 win percentage which is highly impressive, has taken them up the league a lot and was on 10 game unbeaten streak before their losses to Shewsbury and Tottenham. Looking back he's actually taken them from 23rd in League One up to 12th and they are still only 6 points off of the play offs and have a game in hand over three teams above them. Looking at how they've turned around and rebuilt I can see them making the play offs at this rate and if they can jump straight back up then he's done an amazing job.

I suppose it comes down to are we accepting that we are already down and starting the rebuild or are we trying to survive? Either way I don't think getting him here is as bad as many make out, it just means he needs to be able to ship out the dead wood (which is our biggest problem) and then he could use the youth we have to rebuild.

Thoughts?

Oh and for the vote I voted SOD

Robins is an unrealistic choice. Presumably he has just signed a 2 or 3 year contract so would be very expensive to get here. Also doubt he would want to come here now he has got Coventry playing well and likely contenders for promotion next year (if not this)

Robins is an unrealistic choice. Presumably he has just signed a 2 or 3 year contract so would be very expensive to get here. Also doubt he would want to come here now he has got Coventry playing well and likely contenders for promotion next year (if not this)

Ok fair point about the contract but it still doesn't answer why so many people are adamant that they don't want him here. If we can't get someone with good championship experience I think he'd actually be a good choice :S

So, loads of people are happy if we try and appoint someone with fascist sympathies, another load think that Leeds current manager, who keeps saying he'll retire soon and has a house in Cornwall (which is about as far from Bristol as Leeds) would somehow come to us and a third popular candidate might well get the Blackpool job in the next few days.

I voted Cotterill by the way and have already stated why- someone with a decent record at our level, who would commit to the area, take no shit from the players and is available, (I'm sure he'd leave his current temporary post at QPR like a shot).

So, loads of people are happy if we try and appoint someone with fascist sympathies, another load think that Leeds current manager, who keeps saying he'll retire soon and has a house in Cornwall (which is about as far from Bristol as Leeds) would somehow come to us and a third popular candidate might well get the Blackpool job in the next few days. I voted Cotterill by the way and have already stated why- someone with a decent record at our level, who would commit to the area, take no shit from the players and is available, (I'm sure he'd leave his current temporary post at QPR like a shot).
At least he would sound like us :) But no he won't be my choice, I've gone for Di Canio younger version of Colin probably lives not far from Bristol. I would of loved to see Gherkin and Fontaine walk into that dressing room with Di Canio in charge. They would of probably hid in the ground to scared to face him. And that's if they both managed to stay on the pitch long enough to get to half time.

am i the only one who doesn't understand the sudden sean o'driscoll obsession? speaking objectively, he is similar to GJ in that he's done well in the lower leagues but has never proven to be in his element as much at this level, so why is he considered the man to save us?

just an observation, not slating him. if anyone has any replies i would genuinely like to hear them and learn about him because i know little of his managerial history/style other than the stats.

Archived