IGNORED

Next Manager Poll

Dynamite Red

Next Manager Poll  

468 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

am i the only one who doesn't understand the sudden sean o'driscoll obsession? speaking objectively, he is similar to GJ in that he's done well in the lower leagues but has never proven to be in his element as much at this level, so why is he considered the man to save us?

just an observation, not slating him. if anyone has any replies i would genuinely like to hear them and learn about him because i know little of his managerial history/style other than the stats.

He orchestrated possibly the greatest overachievement of the decade with unfashionable Donny and played excellent football while doing so.

I'm sat here thinking,unless he got sacked ( and it would have to be in the next day or two)why would Colin leave a massive club like Leeds for us?

To be nearer his home would be the only thing I could think of, he is getting on a bit, better being closer to the ones you love I guess.

Football reasons, I can't think of a single one. Unless he is sacked of course.

You've missed off Mourinho. Surely he should be on there? I mean, I know he has a job and all but let's look at the other candidates listed:

1. Sean O'Driscoll - The obvious choice, not in a job and turned down Barnsley, supposedly
  2. Gary Johnson - FFS no, failed everywhere having failed at City when motivation and bluster was no longer enough
  3. Billy Davies - with a budget of 50p and expected to develop kids? No
  4. Paolo Sousa - Why would he come here?
  5. Mark Robins - See (4)
  6. Steve Cotterill - lack of success and a pen15
  7. Joe Jordan - he's 'arry's Bee-atch now. Also see (4)
  8. Owen Coyle - no job at moment but failed at Bolton in a painfully McInnes-esque way
  9. Ian Holloway - Yeah, right, think Jose's more likely
  10. Neil Warnock - See (4) and hardly the most popular man at AG, plus hates our guts
  11. Paolo DiCanio - See (4)
  12. Glen Hoddle - Unemployed and I'm not aware of any Churches near enough to AG that are big enough for his ego; failed at Wolves
  13. Stuart Pearce - See (4)
  14. Craig Levien - Another Scot???
  15. Micky Mellon - Actually a possibility, but another untried at this level
  16. Mark Bowen - Unemployed, no experience of management, Welsh
  17. Paul Ince - Pen15 x 1 trillion, failed at various clubs, no planet big enough for his ego
  18. Alan Curbishley - lives in Clifton, apparently
  19. Karl Robinson - See (4)
  20. Mark Hughes - See (4), plus same ego problem as no. (17). Welsh.

So there we go, hardly a list full of genuine possibilities, Coyle or SOD for me are the only candidates at the moment, and I'm not that confident that either will drag us out of the sh17.

But frankly, I've bigger problems in my life than the failings of my footie club.

Archived