IGNORED

Next Seasons Home Kit...

Spike

Ok so it isn't BUT how would these forums feel about this design?

I tried to create a modern take of our "traditional kit" with the old school robin badge :)

NUvPx.png

Thoughts?

That's much better already! It already lifts from the doom and gloom like the one in the background.

Well done sir

well whatever the new one looks like,it will be 100% improvement on this years.i still want to know why the black had to be on it?

anyways,i also think they should launch the new kit now and give Sod a fresh start etc,or play the rest of the season out in the away kit.its far better imo

bring back the robin,,,,,,,,,, shame it has been decided on , i went on torquays website and their fans could choose from 4 designs .

could anyone enlighten me as to who chooses the kit, etc what say the club might have and as to how about we get a shirt sponsor ? any merit in a 2 year home kit , alternating the away kit.....just a thought

I actually like this season's design to be honest.

I do feel for the club though, it seems like when we keep the same colour kit, everyone says 'we should change it as it is boring' then complain when its changed. As for the badge, I do tend to prefer the current one rather then the robin. In my opinion, the robin seems amateurish compared to the current one.

Ok so it isn't BUT how would these forums feel about this design?

I tried to create a modern take of our "traditional kit" with the old school robin badge :)

NUvPx.png

Thoughts?

I like it - good work. Very modern, but in keeping with our best looking kits throughout history.

Am I the only one who likes this years shirt? Everyone here in Bournemouth always comment on how nice it is!!!!

P.s Bring back the robin along with our identity

I like it a lot but the general opinion is that it's "not us" which in a sense is a fair point, it stands out from our tradition.

the coat of arms is boring, it could be any team !! forza robin

In all honesty I think the robin looks unprofessional and I'd actually debate that the Robin is more like a badge used by any team. If you look at how many clubs have the nickname the Robins, Charlton, Cheltenham and Swindon as well as ourselves, you could argue that it would actually give us a more shared identity.

With the name Bristol City it does make sense to have the Bristol coat of arms as:

1) We're Bristol City, the city's coat of arms suits our name perfectly and is our original badge.

2) Rovers do not use the coat of arms meaning we're not sharing our badge or identity with anyone else.

3) The Robin looks good due to nostalgia but ask someone from outside the club and the Robin comes across as very amatuer. If someone was told "we're called the Robins and we play in Bristol" then you could imagine they'd be able to mock up a badge pretty quickly similar or the same as the old Robin badge. Making a coat of arms however has a lot more skill and professional edge to it.

Either way I guess I'd be happy but it depends on how you see the club really, if you want the Robin then you probably care more about the club being community based and close nit but if you want the coat of arms you most likely prefer the idea of the modern football club who're a bit more cut throat.

Either way I guess I'd be happy but it depends on how you see the club really, if you want the Robin then you probably care more about the club being community based and close nit but if you want the coat of arms you most likely prefer the idea of the modern football club who're a bit more cut throat.

you've undone your hard work with these comments. Millwall introduced a crest - it was crap - they brought back their lion. It looks good. Liverpool introduced a crest - again poor, this year they reintroduced the liverbird - its quality; simple and effective.

Every tom dick and harry have got a crest, nobody knows what's on them, some old shit, couple of horses, a pig, dancing lion or frog with a trumpet stuck up its arse **** knows.

Archived