IGNORED

Next Seasons Home Kit...

Spike

Another issue we need to address is the team photo. It shouldn't be taken until we have performed all transfers in the summer. The last two seasons, around 6 of the players in the photo were no longer at the club by the time the season had began. I would be nice to have an in date photo for the year rather than a photo full of has beens

I really want a nice, modern but true-to-our-roots kit: So:

RED SHIRT

WHITE SHORTS

RED SOCKS

A little bit of black here 'n' there is OK but this season's looks like a ManUre reject

I actually rather liked the RSG kit from a couple of seasons back

As for those who bemoan the likes of TFG or whoever, at least when we were with a little kit manufacturer we got a more original selection of designs.

Anyway, all this is pointless as next season's kit is a done deal.

PS: the badge - as long as it's representative of Bristol, then that's fine, the Robin / Suspension Bridge badge was hardly earth shattering but reflected who we are and where we're from. Most people actually spot "who's who" using sponsors, not badges. At the end of the day, we wear red so it's hardly going to be THAT distinctive, is it?

PPS: enough of the purple and lime, that kit was rank, regardless of the Anfield heroics. My vote goes to either white/black/white or yellow/green/yellow, like in the late 80s

I really want a nice, modern but true-to-our-roots kit: So:

RED SHIRT

WHITE SHORTS

RED SOCKS

A little bit of black here 'n' there is OK but this season's looks like a ManUre reject

I actually rather liked the RSG kit from a couple of seasons back

As for those who bemoan the likes of TFG or whoever, at least when we were with a little kit manufacturer we got a more original selection of designs.

Anyway, all this is pointless as next season's kit is a done deal.

PS: the badge - as long as it's representative of Bristol, then that's fine, the Robin / Suspension Bridge badge was hardly earth shattering but reflected who we are and where we're from. Most people actually spot "who's who" using sponsors, not badges. At the end of the day, we wear red so it's hardly going to be THAT distinctive, is it?

PPS: enough of the purple and lime, that kit was rank, regardless of the Anfield heroics. My vote goes to either white/black/white or yellow/green/yellow, like in the late 80s

The problem with "true to our roots" / tradition is that this means different things to different people, usually dependant on how old they are and consequently how many years they have watched City. The only contstant has been a red shirt of some sort, unless you go back to the 1890's (I can't quite remember that). See link below. Kits have always changed regularly, even in the days before replica kits bought buy fans were popular. The difference was, in the past, there was no forum and no discussion, so clubs just did it. As fans didn't buy replica shirts at vast expense it wasn't so much of a problem.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm

I've never liked the Robins badge. It looks like it was designed in a junior school competition. Much prefer the traditional coat of arms. Don't like the white stripes from the shoulder down the sleeves either. I used to have an Adidas shirt with those on in the 70's. Something new and original is what we need.

Would be nice to have something a little different for the home kit - I used to buy them within weeks of being available, then about 6 years back just started buying them when they were on sale due to the next seasons kits becoming available, and the last 2 years - not bought them at all.... after all how many red tops do you need - if they changed the kit more for a few seasons then I'd buy them again, but tired of the predominately plain red.

The world cup is coming - why not take advantage and have a kit with the St.George on it ? Could buy the city top, which is a England top - and have a handy Bristol City England supporter top

1235620740_7c7922e40b.jpg

Presentacion_neo_pro_set_10-62.jpg

Would be nice to have something a little different for the home kit - I used to buy them within weeks of being available, then about 6 years back just started buying them when they were on sale due to the next seasons kits becoming available, and the last 2 years - not bought them at all.... after all how many red tops do you need - if they changed the kit more for a few seasons then I'd buy them again, but tired of the predominately plain red.

The world cup is coming - why not take advantage and have a kit with the St.George on it ? Could buy the city top, which is a England top - and have a handy Bristol City England supporter top

1235620740_7c7922e40b.jpg

Presentacion_neo_pro_set_10-62.jpg

I'd love a kit like that for city. But isnt that kind of what they have done this season? By making it not just plain red and its been widely panned on hear? Doubt they'd do the same again this season.

I'd love a kit like that for city. But isnt that kind of what they have done this season? By making it not just plain red and its been widely panned on hear? Doubt they'd do the same again this season.

I think it's mainly we are red and white - this season kit has a band of black and the sponsor text in black and it looks awful against the red.

Seeing as our colours are red and white - I think a lot of fans would like to see something a little different for a season or two using our club colours.

The problem with "true to our roots" / tradition is that this means different things to different people, usually dependant on how old they are and consequently how many years they have watched City. The only contstant has been a red shirt of some sort, unless you go back to the 1890's (I can't quite remember that). See link below. Kits have always changed regularly, even in the days before replica kits bought buy fans were popular. The difference was, in the past, there was no forum and no discussion, so clubs just did it. As fans didn't buy replica shirts at vast expense it wasn't so much of a problem.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm

Fair comment, but in recent history it's been the red-white-red combo - so I think we should go back to that

And as for the St George's Cross kit - Nein, Danke!!!

Mind you, the "Peru" one looks nice, but the diagonal stripe thing's been done to death over last couple of seasons by other clubs

Always liked that away kit of ours which was white with the horizontal red and black (!) thin stripes across the chest though, was from about 5-6 seasons ago?

Fair comment, but in recent history it's been the red-white-red combo - so I think we should go back to that

And as for the St George's Cross kit - Nein, Danke!!!

Mind you, the "Peru" one looks nice, but the diagonal stripe thing's been done to death over last couple of seasons by other clubs

Always liked that away kit of ours which was white with the horizontal red and black (!) thin stripes across the chest though, was from about 5-6 seasons ago?

awaykit.jpg

this one?

I am firmly in the bring back the robin camp but would love to see the crest there as well. How about having both then keeping it plain except maybe playing a little with the shades of red ie some darker red markings. Loved the 1975 strip and have got a reto one

Loving the third one along. Just add white shorts and that would pretty much be my ideal kit.

One with white shorts...

bristol_city_2011-2012-Copy-Copy_zps9cfc

I prefer the one in all red, but this looks nice too.

I find this picture looks nicer if you look at it from a distance.

I once saw a design for a badge (may have been from CH) it had the unicorns on both sides but the centre bit instead of the ship had the robin badge in. That looked the dogs nuts and I think.something like that would be a winner. Best of both worlds and certainly unique. For me the ship on our shirts represents the slave trade. What that has to do with our clubs history I really dont know.

I once saw a design for a badge (may have been from CH) it had the unicorns on both sides but the centre bit instead of the ship had the robin badge in. That looked the dogs nuts and I think.something like that would be a winner. Best of both worlds and certainly unique. For me the ship on our shirts represents the slave trade. What that has to do with our clubs history I really dont know.

This?

A few embroidered badges were made a few years back and i still got a few somewhere

554696_10150980194844935_461539676_n.jpg

WTH - what history lessons did you get ? The ship on the cities crest has nothing to do with the slave trade, it's showing the watergate of Bristol Castle and the fact we were a important water faring city.

Shirt - Bristol Crest on chest... small robin motifs above elbows on side of each sleeve. Shorts - Robin motif on right thigh hemline. Socks - small Robin motif sock tops or sides. Whole kit Red/White combo with motifs as above. Would be a great annual/bi-annual fan competition if all new kit ideas were submitted online, viewed, voted on, least popular eliminated weekly until final three announced & winner picked first week of New Year (subject to deadlines) .. Comp & submissions open to all BCFC ST holders, Members, Trust members etc. An opportunity for fans to have a real & important say and to feel a 'part of it all'. The Fans Concentrate on the Shirts while the Club concentrate's on WHO to Put in 'Em!! :)

Wont Adidas have launched new template shirts for next season.

These ones have been around for a while as my 5 aside team bought a load of black Torque style shirts a year ago?

Wont Adidas have launched new template shirts for next season.

These ones have been around for a while as my 5 aside team bought a load of black Torque style shirts a year ago?

They all look pretty dull to me.

Archived