IGNORED

Tomorrow's Team.

GrahamC

It's always interesting to see what a new manager does when he takes over a side.

To be fair to O'Driscoll he's had barely three working days to assess his squad and although he said that he knows many of the players, this still might mean a few early surprises in his team selections.

It was also revealing when he said that he will base his selection on character and the evidence he’s seen of that in training.

In goal if he’s watched any of last week’s game on tape I’d be amazed if Heaton wasn’t brought straight back in to the side.

With Mark Wilson and Bates apparently not being considered for selection as their current contracts have ended, plus McManus and Edwards now both gone, he has 6 defenders to chose from and so the two full backs seemingly pick themselves.

I would expect Carey to start in central defence but alongside him it could anyone of the other 3.

Midfield is where we have the greatest numbers to pick from, Skuse seems a certainty, but again after him you can make a case for many of the others, those technically better (such as Kilkenny) who seem to be more likely O’Driscoll type players, as opposed to those who would battle away like Elliott, or on the evidence of his one game so far, Kelly.

The balance will need to be struck between youth and experience and also in physical strength and size, as despite his reputation for playing passing football, O’Driscoll will know that he is facing a Warnock team away from home, so won’t want us to be completely overrun.

Up top Baldock is again rumoured to be doubtful, though of most interest to me will be if Burns is involved again, my guess is that he’ll be on the bench.

I really have no idea how he will line up but it will certainly be fascinating to see his first team sheet at 2.45 tomorrow.

It's always interesting to see what a new manager does when he takes over a side.

To be fair to O'Driscoll he's had barely three working days to assess his squad and although he said that he knows many of the players, this still might mean a few early surprises in his team selections.

It was also revealing when he said that he will base his selection on character and the evidence he’s seen of that in training.

In goal if he’s watched any of last week’s game on tape I’d be amazed if Heaton wasn’t brought straight back in to the side.

With Mark Wilson and Bates apparently not being considered for selection as their current contracts have ended, plus McManus and Edwards now both gone, he has 6 defenders to chose from and so the two full backs seemingly pick themselves.

I would expect Carey to start in central defence but alongside him it could anyone of the other 3.

Midfield is where we have the greatest numbers to pick from, Skuse seems a certainty, but again after him you can make a case for many of the others, those technically better (such as Kilkenny) who seem to be more likely O’Driscoll type players, as opposed to those who would battle away like Elliott, or on the evidence of his one game so far, Kelly.

The balance will need to be struck between youth and experience and also in physical strength and size, as despite his reputation for playing passing football, O’Driscoll will know that he is facing a Warnock team away from home, so won’t want us to be completely overrun.

Up top Baldock is again rumoured to be doubtful, though of most interest to me will be if Burns is involved again, my guess is that he’ll be on the bench.

I really have no idea how he will line up but it will certainly be fascinating to see his first team sheet at 2.45 tomorrow.

think it gonna be the side as Stockhausen predicts and will give certain players a fresh chance which if they cannot perform to will be told which way the door is which could be a good thing either way

Trying to guess what team any new manager will select is as tough as trying to guess what team McInnes would pick.

I reckon is pretty definite that Kilkenny will start. O'Driscoll tried to sign him twice when he was at Donny and maybe we'll see a far more effective Kilkenny under a new manager who rates him. I can't SoD starting without Skuse either.

My concern is what CB's he'll go for. Two from Carey, Fontaine, Nyatanga or Bates. None of them are playing at top form.

My concern is what CB's he'll go for. Two from Carey, Fontaine, Nyatanga or Bates. None of them are playing at top form.

It won't be him.

He has the flu and also is out of contract until we make a decision on him

No way would he play uninsured even if he was fit.

As I posted in another thread. I think he'll go for a midfield with no wingers to keep it tight.

Skuse...Kelly...Killkenny...Ried

Maybe Elliot instead of Ried just for the physicality.

I would be very surprised if does this. In his interview he spoke very well and said he wouldn't be putting round pegs in square holes.

I really am excited by SOD's reign. It's just little things he says that are very impressive. Like not wanting players on loan. That's a big thing. He seems very intelligent and won't accept free loaders like McManus on crazy wages.

It's impossible to guess what team he will pick, but I would go for a 4-5-1/ 4-3-3 formation, assuming Baldock is not fit.

Heaton

Foster

Carey

J Wilson

Cunningham

Skuse

Kelly

Reid

Burns

Davies

Anderson

Subs- Gerken, Nyatanga, Elliott, Kilkenny, Pearson, Taylor, Stead

I know Davies will probably not be at his best up top on his own, but with Burns and Anderson on the wings we will have bags of pace which will hopefully mean Davies will not end up being isolated.

I have got the buzz back.

The only definite choices I can think of would be Heaton and Cunningham.

I can see Carey getting a game if he's fit because he's still our best defender. Alongside him, whoever out of Fontaine and Nyatanga seems the most up for it.

Central midfield could be anyone really but I'd guess at a solid pairing of Skuse and Kelly or maybe Kilkenny. Burns might get a go on the right wing and the left should be between Pearson (is he available?) and Anderson.

Up front I'd expect Stead to play because he's one of the more dedicated players and I believe O'Driscoll would rate that ahead of any prejudice he may have against big players (and it's not as if Stead is dreadful with his feet.) Alongside him would be Baldock if fit, maybe Davies if not.

How come ?

Word is he goes for a tidy, functional, footballing side. Not sure that's exactly what a team fighting relegation is best suited to but think we may have to be considering the longer term.

A point my Dad made was he sounds like the more paternal type whereas DMAC was seen as more an older brother type at best Inside word I heard was players had lost faith in him, that goes without saying for anyone who witnesses the Leicester pinnacle.

If he can get the best out of the players we have and get it tactically and strategically spot on, we have a chance. S'pect he'll be too cautious and we'll go down but fighting with some pride and hope for the future restored, truth be told.

How come ?

Skuse has been picked consistently by every manager since he's broken into the first team.

I'm not saying he should be an automatic selection but if you asked me what midfield we'll line up with tomorrow he's the player I'd be most confident would start.

Skuse has been picked consistently by every manager since he's broken into the first team.

I'm not saying he should be an automatic selection but if you asked me what midfield we'll line up with tomorrow he's the player I'd be most confident would start.

I'd have thought he'll start alongside Kelly and possibly Kilkenny too if we're playing 3 in midfield.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this:

Heaton

Foster

Carey

Fontaine

Cunningham

Bryan

Skuse

Kelly

Kilkenny

Anderson

Davies

Gerken

Wilson

Burns

Reid

Pearson

Stead

Taylor

IIRC in his Donny days, SOD liked to play a mobile striker on his own up front (Sharp) with at least 1 winger (Coppinger).

Depending on fitness, think he will go with a 4411 or 451 formation.

Heaton

Foster---Carey---Fontaine---Cunningham

Skuse---Kilkenny---Kelly---Pearson

Anderson

Baldock or Davies

BCAGFC

From how he set up at Doncaster I'd guess;

..........................Heaton.........................

Foster.......Carey.......Fontaine.....Cunningham

.................Skuse.......Kilkenny...................

..........................Kelly................................

........Davies.........................Anderson......

........................Baldock............................

Trying to guess what team any new manager will select is as tough as trying to guess what team McInnes would pick.

I reckon is pretty definite that Kilkenny will start. O'Driscoll tried to sign him twice when he was at Donny and maybe we'll see a far more effective Kilkenny under a new manager who rates him. I can't SoD starting without Skuse either.

Kilkenny will always be up for it against Leeds. Hope he shows he's more than a loud mouthed aussie Lee Johnson I think he is is.

CBs - surely Fontaine's last performance rules himself out, Nyatanga arghhh I dunno, Bates & Carey at least gives us experience. Expect to see Carey booked for shirt tugging at some point...

Archived